No Results??? I give up!!

Options

Replies

• sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    So, you've lost roughly a pound a week then and that's not a success?

You need to revise your expectations. Your body is doing just fine...

^^ This ^^
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    it took time to put the weight on, it will take time to get it off. 4lbs in a month is great, that around 1lb a week!! your crazy if you dont think thats good!!
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Oh stop it. People you see on MFP who have lost 16 pounds in a month are usually OBESE, like I was when I started losing weight. I have lost 38 pounds and I am still quite overweight, 200 pounds, so my weight loss is still going to seem more than someone who only has 30 pounds to lose. Your weight loss is proportionate to your current weight!

Yes, it very well may take you 7 months to lose the rest of your weight. So? The 7 months is going to pass anyway so you might as well just go on and lose the weight. Or you can just 'give up' i.e go back to whatever it was that caused you to gain the extra 30 pounds in the first place.

You DON'T have to go the rest of your life with your stomach resting on your lap. If you choose to, that's your business. But understand it is your choice.

Couldn't have said it better! Don't give up, you are doing great!!!!!
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Normal weight loss is 1 pound a week so this isn´t bad.
    You need to be patient.
    + it´s better to lose slowly than fast, more chance it will hold.
  • bwmiller1
    bwmiller1 Posts: 98
    Options
    a pound a week is a healthy route. Don't give up!
  • cherooroo
    cherooroo Posts: 4
    Options
    NO NO and NO! I am in the same boat as you (sort of). I am not seeing the results I want as quickly as I want. I just posted asking for motivation because it is soooooo hard! Then I have to look at what I have gained, better stamina, clothes fitting differently, etc. Haven't you seen any of those changes too? Anyway, I was thinking along the same lines as you and after reading the encouragement others have posted to you I feel more motivated. I didn't gain all the weight at one time so why should it all come off at once? I think you look wonderful and hope you stick with it so you can achieve your goal. Good luck to you! :bigsmile:
  • AndiJ2011
    AndiJ2011 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I know you said you lost 4....

but google what 5 pounds of fat looks like. You'll be glad you lost those 4lbs. Keep up the good work.
  • M3l1s5a
    M3l1s5a Posts: 69
    Options
    I just posted this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here. Exercise burns fat and builds muscle. Take a look at the picture at the link below. It compares 5lbs of fat to 5lbs of muscle. They weigh the same, but the muscle takes up a lot less volume. So if you burn fat and build muscle, you very well may weigh the same but there will be less of you. Rather than just worry about the scale, take other body measurements and notice how your clothes fit differently. Your body may be changing more than you think.

And remember the saying, "Rome wasn't built in a day." It took time to get into the shape that you're currently in, and it'll take time to get into the shape that you desire.

http://tksinclair.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Fat-vs-Muscle.bmp

I had to learn this myself, I've lost 7 pounds in a month, but unlike other times I've lost a ton of weight in the first month.....I've started exercising a lot. I've also decided to measure myself, which was a scary scary decision but I figure what the scale won't show me, maybe the measuring tape will!

Good luck!!
  • portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I started changing what I eat, and exercising 6 days a week.

Today marks one month!! Yay, congrats, good job, hang in there......

NO NO and NO!!!

I give up!!

It's been 30 days and I have ZERO results!! I lost 4 lousy pounds??

I see everyone on MFP talking about losing 18 pounds the first month, some 20 pounds, some even only 10!!
    But I only lose 4???

I can't believe this. So it will take me 7 entire months to lose 30 pounds??

My body is not meant to be sexy I guess.

It's not fair that I have to go the rest of my life knowing that I can't even sit down without my stomach resting on my lap.

I give up....sorry for the rant. I just can't get over how much I HAVEN'T lost in a full month :(

Sick and tired of hearing this^ Honestly, you have lost 4 pounds in a month. Approximately a pound a week. If you want to quit see you later, you arent doing this for us, we really dont care.

Now for ppl who lose 18 pounds in a month or even 2 months, those are ppl who are extremely obese. You show that you only need to lose 20 pounds. At 20 pounds you should approximately be losing (GUESS WHAT?) A POUND PER WEEK!

So stop being stupid, here is your motivation wake up call. WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU. We dont want to hear about your want and desire to fail. We are here to WIN. So lock it up and deal with not losing 18 pounds per month. Slow and steady wins the race.

If you want to lose 18 pounds in a month and be extremely happy, you have to be extremely fat. QUIT NOW GAIN 100 POUNDS THEN COME BACK.

Have an amazing tuesday!
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm going to repeat what almost everyone else has been saying. 1 pound a week is HEALTHY. STICK to it!! You have less to lose so it will take a little time..you just have to stick with it and keep pressing on. Take measurements..I'm sure you've lost inches as well.
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    4 lbs in 30 days is great!!!!!!! The slower, the better unfortunately. Everyone wants results NOW...but the truth of the matter is, it's hard work and it's probably going to take longer than 30 days to see the results that you want.

I'm happy losing my weight slower - I know that I'm creating better habits and I'm more likely to succeed bc I understand the struggle.

Keep up the good work and don't give up!!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The people who lose that much in the first week have a lot more to lose, many of which are obese to start out with. Judging by your pic that's not you. The less yo have to lose the more slowly it will come off. That is a fact. The simple fact is that when it comes to weight loss, obese people often get a massive jump start when they begin with any sort of weight loss regimen because their body is really anxious to get rid of all that weight due to health reasons.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    That's a pound a week. It has taken me three months to drop the last 4 pounds I've lost. SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE.

Stop acting like a cry baby. Suck it up. If you want to get fit, it will take sweat and tears. Lots of them. If you're willing, fine. If not, enjoy not being the fit person you could be if you worked for it.

tumblr_m48ezjLZck1rtwcs3o1_500.jpg

DUMP that thought...

tumblr_m380viu1rP1rty7oao1_500.jpg
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Oh stop it. People you see on MFP who have lost 16 pounds in a month are usually OBESE, like I was when I started losing weight. I have lost 38 pounds and I am still quite overweight, 200 pounds, so my weight loss is still going to seem more than someone who only has 30 pounds to lose. Your weight loss is proportionate to your current weight!

Yes, it very well may take you 7 months to lose the rest of your weight. So? The 7 months is going to pass anyway so you might as well just go on and lose the weight. Or you can just 'give up' i.e go back to whatever it was that caused you to gain the extra 30 pounds in the first place.

You DON'T have to go the rest of your life with your stomach resting on your lap. If you choose to, that's your business. But understand it is your choice.

In the nicest way possible - This^^ Go to your supermarket and hold 4lbs of lard - That is no longer on your body!! Be grateful and determined that this time next month you will have lost double what is in your hand
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I started changing what I eat, and exercising 6 days a week.

Today marks one month!! Yay, congrats, good job, hang in there......

NO NO and NO!!!

I give up!!

It's been 30 days and I have ZERO results!! I lost 4 lousy pounds??

I see everyone on MFP talking about losing 18 pounds the first month, some 20 pounds, some even only 10!!
    But I only lose 4???

I can't believe this. So it will take me 7 entire months to lose 30 pounds??

My body is not meant to be sexy I guess.

It's not fair that I have to go the rest of my life knowing that I can't even sit down without my stomach resting on my lap.

I give up....sorry for the rant. I just can't get over how much I HAVEN'T lost in a full month :(

Sick and tired of hearing this^ Honestly, you have lost 4 pounds in a month. Approximately a pound a week. If you want to quit see you later, you arent doing this for us, we really dont care.

Now for ppl who lose 18 pounds in a month or even 2 months, those are ppl who are extremely obese. You show that you only need to lose 20 pounds. At 20 pounds you should approximately be losing (GUESS WHAT?) A POUND PER WEEK!

So stop being stupid, here is your motivation wake up call. WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU. We dont want to hear about your want and desire to fail. We are here to WIN. So lock it up and deal with not losing 18 pounds per month. Slow and steady wins the race.

If you want to lose 18 pounds in a month and be extremely happy, you have to be extremely fat. QUIT NOW GAIN 100 POUNDS THEN COME BACK.

Have an amazing tuesday!

Harsh but true! I hear ya!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I am one of those "lucky" people who lost 16.4lbs in my first month. I had 125lbs to lose, so I lost roughly 13% of what I needed to in the first month. You "only" lost 4lbs of the 20 you needed to lose, that's 20% in your first month... so which one of us was more successful? (I think my point is pretty obvious!). Keep up the great work!!
  • dewhomeschooling
    dewhomeschooling Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It took me 8 years to put on the extra weight and loose all muscle tone. So after 7 mths of working out, I was discouraged to see that I still am loaded with cellulite and I gained an additional 5lbs...not the direction I was hoping for. Then my sister told me about this site and I'm losing weight and very slowly toning up. After all, it took 8 years for my muscles to turn to flab, it should take more than 7 mths for them to return. :)

Good luck.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 12 to a size 8 without losing a single pound......because I was toning up and losing inches by building muscle while burning fat. I've been stuck at the last 10 pounds for AGES.

It always comes off much faster when you have more to lose....the first 90 pounds I lost seemed to melt off, but this last 10....LOL
    It may never go, and honestly, I'm ok with that because I've lost the inches and gained a lot of strength and energy.
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    "7 entire months to lose 30 pounds" true Or you can quit and gain 30 or even 60 in 7 months. The choice is yours. But in 7 months your new fatter self with hate the you today for quitting. Do something today your future self will be proud of.
  • mollysue34
    Options
    It doesn't look like you have alot of weight to lose to begin with. I think that the last 10-20 pounds is the hardest to lose. Just keep working out and maybe change some exercise routines and see if that jumps starts your body? I have a decent amount to lose and when I started working out again on a weekly basis my body said oh lets gain weight instead of losing....I know how frustating it can be...just hang in there and keep up the working out and it will happen....