Peanut butter and jelly lovers PBJxoxoxoxo

Options

Replies

• AmandaTheNewMe
    AmandaTheNewMe Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I crave PB from the time I wake till I fall asleep. I have been eating everyday since I can remember. I can sit down with a jar of Natural creamy with honey with a spoon and glass of milk and go to town. Next thing I know a half jar is gone, needless to say I go through a jar a week.
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love PBJs too. To make it healthier I sometimes cut up a banana instead of jelly.
  • bwhitty67
    bwhitty67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'd say its a healthy snack (unless its gobs of PB :)) I like PB on a apple rice cake with bananas.... but it doesn't get much better then a PBJ on wheat. Happy eating!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Love love love! I use good ole natural PB and usually preserves vs jelly.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i do pb and no added sugar jam on a rice cake, yum!
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I <3 PBJs. I consider them a special treat. A regular PBJ-- slathered with the good stuff --- comes in around 500 calories. To make a 300 calorie version, get a reduced calorie english muffin and measure the peanut butter and jelly at 1 tbsp each. If you toast the english muffin, it brings out the taste more and you can use less peanut butter and jelly without noticing. You can also add rasberries to make it seem like there is more jam.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Wheat bread (50 cals/slice) with natural peanut butter (1 tbsp = 95 cals) and sugar free jelly (1 tbsp = 10 cals)!
    Just over 200 cals if done right, sounds like a reasonable snack to me!
  • jenniferlecaptain
    Options
    Try the natural PB. Still high in calories, but not loaded with sugar, and full of protein.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I need the right peanut butter and jelly to bread ratio or I won't even bother. Most people use 2-3 tbsp peanut butter and 2 tbsp jelly on a regular pb&j. So don't take other peoples' word for it that your pb&j is around 300 calories unless you are actually measuring it out (NOT EYEBALLING IT). My boss was wonderting why he wasn't losing weight, and it came down to his afternoon pbj that was getting logged at 250 when it was really 500.
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    1 Tbsp of White Chocolate Wonderful PB and 1 Tbsp of Smuckers sugar free strawberry jam on a sandwhich thin and I am in heaven!
  • runningchick70
    runningchick70 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wheat bread (50 cals/slice) with natural peanut butter (1 tbsp = 95 cals) and sugar free jelly (1 tbsp = 10 cals)!

That's what I do too. Heaven!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great snack :) I make mine with whole wheat bread, all-natural peanut butter (no added sugar or anything), and sugar free fruit preserves. I think it's pretty healthy!

ETA: basically, this
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i would eat nothin but peanut butter n jelly sandwiches for the rest of my life if i could haha!!1
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I had PB&J today for lunch :) Oh so yummy <3 and it's all you really need for a meal although occasionally I will add a 100 cal snack on the side or something. Not bad for you at all unless you eat a double decker XD or more than one lol
  • Afternoonfoxy8
    Options
    I hadn't really been a PB fan until I discovered Smucker's Sugar Free Preserves. OMG! The bread and PB has only really become a vessel with which to eat the jam! I have actually eaten the jam out of the jar with a spoon! (Good thing I live alone!) It tastes so good for SF, and it does turn off my craving for something sweet!

Unfortunately, only 1 store in my area sells the big (27 oz) jar of Smucker's Strawberry Preserves, so when I shop there, I buy 4 or 5 jars so I always have it on hand! Yum.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and regular jelly on wholemeal bread is healthy for most people.
  • askcupid117
    askcupid117 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I too love PBJ but I am trying to reduce my carbs since I tend to over indulge in all things carb laiden. I make a PBJ protein shake that I swear is the closest thing you could get to the sandwhich

1 cup skim milk
    1 cup frozen strawberries (I get a generic costco jumbo bag that ends up being pretty inexpensive per shake)
    1 or 2 tablespoons of Peter Pan Whipped Peanut butter. (More quantity for your calories because there is air whipped into)
    1 scoop of vanilla protein powder

Blend and enjoy. It is wonderful! Mine average 300 calories which seems high but it has 36 grams of protein which really helps me hit my protein goal.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It's VERY healthy! And yummy!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I take them to class all the time :)
  • katseguin
    katseguin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i am addicted to peanut butter period!.....i have been known to eat a 500g jar in one day......:D....now i dont even want to see it or every fibre of my being will crave it!...:D

I'm with you, can't stop at a little bit of PB - once I start, I'm done.......and so is the peanut butter:)