I AM FAT BECAUSE.......

Options

Replies

• jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    ...my calories increased, but my exercise decreased. I became comfortable and convinced myslef I was happy despite the weight gain. At 170 lbs I wanted to lose weight, but I only lost 5 pounds and then the weight kept creeping up. Now, at 4 months post-partum, I am at my heaviest weight...170 lbs would be a milestone in my weight loss journey.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    because I put too much food in my belly on a regular basis....

everything else is just an excuse.
  • xoMeaghan
    xoMeaghan Posts: 175
    Options
    i like twinkies
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    drank too much diet soda
  • apatheticLog
    apatheticLog Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    : : boxes : : of cereal.
    whole pizza pies.
    chinese food.
    italian food.
    PINTS AND PINTS of ice cream.
    and no movement whatsoever.!!!!
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I eat too much junk food
    I don't exercise enough
    I don't get enough sleep
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Eating too much, moving too little.
    I have a sedentary job that bores me to snacks.
    I have bites while I cook meals and while I put left-overs away.

I'm trying to break these bad habits.
  • jmerhianna
    Options
    I have a strong emotional attachment to food. It started as a child when I was abused, and has carried over into my adult life. Combine that with inactivity, and that is why I am fat.
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Because being pregnant cured my irritable bowel disease so I splurdged during all my pregnancy gaining 50 pounds and not losing any.
  • FittyForLife
    FittyForLife Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get through binge eating disorder.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    although I eat very healthily, I have a major problem with portion control, not to mention a weakness for wine!

My soul sister!
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    After a baby, many many stresses from normal everyday stresses, to the stress of courts and being a young single mother, I gave up on myself and stopped caring for awhile. Then started the "I can't" and "It'll never happen".
  • wholelottarosa
    Options
    ...I'm sabotaging my efforts to lose weight. I've lost at least 10 pounds in the last 6 months or so - only it's the same two pounds over and over again. Apparently I'm more comfortable being insecure and a little overweight than I would be if I were to succeed.

Since this makes no sense even to me I'm going to keep at it and this time it's going to work.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    because I had 6 kids and stayed at home to raise them on a VERY comfy couch
  • kristamarie91
    kristamarie91 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    For me I think it was the fact that when I lived with my parents they controlled everything we did. Including what we all ate. We didn't have cable TV growing up, and we didn't get fruit roll-ups and little cupcakes in our lunch's like the other kids. So growing up we were all very fit and thin kids. But then when I moved out I discovered a world of junk food we could never have! Also that and my now husband took me out to dinner like every night when we were dating because that's what he thought he was supposed to do. That and he couldn't cook!

But now I ask for healthy recipes from my dad to make for my husband and I. It was only a matter of time that I ended up going back to my well at least my dad's way of eating-parents are divorced now.

I've lost the weight because I've tried to cut out most of the junk (yes-most, my husband is a sugar FIEND!). But now that I am getting older and realized how heavy I had gotten so QUICKLY! That eating healthy is so important.
  • beckertjamie
    Options
    cuz i'd eat whatever i wanted when i was youger and never got fat..and i thought i could do that forever until i had my son 3 yrs ago and i no longer have t he metabolism i used to (duh)..and i have a twin sister that is about 25 lbs lighter than me...so life is GREAT!! (insert sarcasum voice)..im working on it tho..just a lot of pressure
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I ate the same food and drank the same amount of alchohol as my ex husband...who was twice my size
    I went from being very active to absolutely doing nothing at all
    I had three pregnancies and didn't lose the weight after
  • yannasmommy145
    yannasmommy145 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    1. I EAT TO MUCH
    2.SWEETS R MY ADDICTION
    3.I SAY IMMA WORK OUT AND I DO NOT
    4.I PROCRASTINATE WAY TO MUCH
    5.STRESS
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking and had to do something with my hands...so food was the easy choice
    I was not educated enough to understand the calories in calories out concept
    And when I initially learned about calories in calories out concept was too lazy to track it properly
  • canuckgurrl
    canuckgurrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do not eat the "right" food.
    I don't exercise enough
    I don't get enough sleep
    I am overstressed