I don't get enough sleep
    I am overstressed

Simple as that.

Couldn't have said it better myself
  • get_fit_or_die_trying
    Options
    1) I eat too much junk
    2) I have PCOS
    3) I exercise well only during the summer. (When I can swim)
    4) I dont sleep enough.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Because I was not taught how to eat properly growing up. It didn't matter then (or so I thought) because I had no weight or health issues. I didn't start gaining weight until I hit my late twenties. I'm living proof of the basics of weight gain. I ate more and quit moving. So my fancy new diet goes like this. Eat less and move more. I know, who knew, right? LOL I've been doing well at the "eating less" part, but need to get on the "moving more" portion of my program!
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm fat cause....

Oreos, Fritos, and pie all taste like heaven!
    I would marry food.
    Exercise is boooooring. Unless it's roller skating.
  • Kori18
    Kori18 Posts: 48
    Options
    I've never been fat and I have always been fairly active but I had an ice cream addiction along with a Doritos with melted cheese addiction. Plus anytime I went out to eat I was always a "eat what is on your plate" type person.

Now I do not touch ice cream or Doritos and I don't put as much on my plate because I know once it is on there I will eat it.
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am fat because I have never valued myself. Now, I am a work inprogress.
  • StevenHaley
    Options
    I dunno, well I know but I dunno why I let it happen. I ate and drank too much bad stuff. But what gets me is that I never had the sense (not sure if thats the right word) to notice the warning signs. Buying larger clothes etc.. should have been enough to tell me to do something about it but I let it continue and continue, bigger sizes bigger sizes bigger sizes I just kept buying them and buying them.

I don't know why I didn't do something about it years ago, of course I wish had but at least I'm (we all are!) doing something about it now.

I was watching a video of my wedding yesterday, and noted how big and pointy my nose looked when I was thin.

I have lost 10kgs so far though, my 18 month old daughter weighs 11kg and the amount I am trying to lose is the weight of my 9 year old girl!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    because of poor choices......

end of story. LOL
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I couldn't tell you what originally caused it. I assume just poor eating habits. I have been heavy since I was a child. Didn't seem to matter what I ate or how often I ate/did physical activity. I was just the heavy person. I never got bigger, but never smaller either. I started noticing weight gain after my second child. I picked up bad eating habits from my husband like drinking soda regularly, eating similar portions as him (He was in the Army, had a huge appetite, and I just made our plates the same.)

So yeah....poor eating habits, pregnancy, and some unknown (to me) cause from before I can remember.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm not fat by any stretch of the imagination, but I weigh more than I want to/used to because I just had a baby, and my husband likes to cook really really delicious food that I had a hard time resisting. :)
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I would eat a box of ho-hos everday while pregnant.. never changed after kids where born

mmmm....ho-hos..
  • kilikinilei
    kilikinilei Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I hate to sweat and I love to eat. Which is not a good combo I guess.
    Plus I have bad eating habits (Carbs are the yummiest)
    Last after having two kids I put myself last, and stopped caring about myself. Which is easy to do when you have two other people to care of and worry about.
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    When I'm stressed, I eat as if someone is going to steal my plate.

I didn't know what an appropriate serving size looked like.

I have more low energy days than not.
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Lots of interesting different answers here. I am not *fat* by my (normal person) standards, but the reason I don't have the body I want is that I love food. I don't mean fatty crappy fast food... I mean amazing home cooked food. By me, my husband and by my friends. And I like a drink to go with. Not crappy 4% larger that makes you fart, I like fine wine :)
  • davepavone
    Options
    How would you say this
    Chicken
    Ribs
    Pulled pork
    Brisket
    :-)
  • LeidaPrimal
    LeidaPrimal Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Because I have not yet perfected the observation of my own mind that would disconnect eating from pleasure and emotional responses.

I love food. I am middle-aged, female and an endomorph. I will not lose weight unless I follow strict macros and caloric counts in combination with the workout plan and finding ways to soothe and distract myself that do not pull on the gourmand strings.

My mind is my obstacle, and until I learn to understand myself and food becomes no more than food, I will remain fat.
  • birdieandkenadi05
    birdieandkenadi05 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Because my little fat hand keeps shoving stufff into this little whole in my face!!

NO EXCUSES....THAT....IS.....ALL!!!!
  • daisiecpa
    daisiecpa Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    simply because i love food and hate exercise
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Because my fav meal has - and will always be - and big bag of plain ol potato chips and a tub of dip. *drools*
  • INSANITY43
    Options
    ....everytime my elbow bends my mouth pops open :sad: