I AM FAT BECAUSE.......

Options

Replies

• 40tmw
    40tmw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I made excuses. Until someone called me out on each and every one of them that I gave.

Then I stopped blaming genetics, time, kids, food, stress, money, boredom and everything else that I pointed to - and quit putting crap in my mouth, got up off my butt, and did something about it.

Now I not only look better, I feel better - about myself and about life. It's called personal accountability. Now, whether I am fat or skinny or whatever my circumstances in life, I know that I can choose to do something about it instead of making excuses.

And I am still working on it.....
  • pickledginger
    Options
    I am fat (and frustrated!) because I am injured and ill -- with dysautonomia ( http://dysautonomiainternational.org ) and digestive disorders -- and therefore am not able to get my exercise fix. The sleep and metabolic disorders also aren't helping. :-/
    Trying to cut carbs, in hopes I can at least get the blood sugar down.
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I was overweight because I was ignorant. I really (no seriously, I really did) think that I could just eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted and exercise whenever I wanted (which was pretty much never). It worked for the first 26 years of my life...no reason to think that would change. But then time kept adding years, and marriage, and children, and for some reason my plan of whatever/whenever just did not work anymore. Now I know better! I'm still not a clean eater...but I do understand moderation and I fell in love with running so exercise is a social event now instead of just exercise. :happy:
  • slincoln2007
    Options
    I really HATE the word fat. I think "unhealthy" is a better description of what being overweight really is. We all over our lifetimes accrue good and bad coping skills for the various stressors in life (or for some people..trauma). People who become overweight ALL have many complex reasons for the fact. But we have one thing in common...we adopted eating unhealthy foods and/or too much food in order to cope with those stressors. Some people drink, some people do drugs, some people hurt themselves, some people hurt others...the list goes on and on of those things we can adopt in our lives to "deal". the bottom line is, we all need to find HEALTHY ways to cope....and not define ourselves by how much we weigh, but how we feel about ourselves and our lives.
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Because I loved (and still do from time to time) all foods fried and way too much of it at one time, I hated the word exercise and love the words "Let's dine out for dinner tonight", was a fastfood junkie and baked brownies at least 3 days a week, I could go on with this but I'm sure you get the idea :)
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    I was fat because I was a bit of an emotional eater , pizza and fast food was always there when I needed it
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to food, plain and simple. I ate when I wasn't hungry because I wanted the taste of something good. I craved it like a smoker craves nicotine. I know I'll always have this problem but now I'm strong enough to fight back.
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Simple....I LOVE FOOD! IT'S SO GOOD...YUM!
  • wholelottarosa
    Options
    First because my mother insisted I finish my plate no matter what, cause starving kids in (insert country.)

Would that be a Dutch mom, by any chance?
    It sounds suspiciously familiar. :)
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I didn't move
  • I began binge eating as the result of compulsively starving myself for six months. Fortunately, things are looking up now. Good luck to all. :heart: xxx
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am fat because:

I like to eat out and do not have portion control when I eat.
    I like salty snacks like chips.
    I like fast food.
    I was lazy.
  • la_faerie
    Options
    I spent too much of my life not caring what I was eating, and eating a lot of it,
    I quit volleyball which took its toll as well,
    And I spent way too much time drinking and smoking last year which ended up in a downward weight spiral Or upward, I suppose).
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Oh and the whole " I am genetically predisposed to be fat" thing was a good one for awhile. How could I have been so stupid?
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I was on my way to becoming fat because I ate without thinking...

Now I think before I eat, I have learned to say no, I only allow myself to indulge on occasion, and I exercise more.
  • drthipah
    Options
    I love candy, pop and bread and I would snack on them instead of cooking meals for myself which is pretty much saying I was lazy. I never went to the gym, ever. I look at some of the stuff I used to eat and it DISGUSTS me I used to fill my body with nothing but garbage!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I grew up and lots of nights we didn't have enough to eat. My mom was a single mom with 3 kids, and my dad was a useless alcoholic that didn't want the responsibility of 3 kids. He left when I was 6. Mom worked full time and did the very best she could. We never knew we were poor, and I knew I was loved and that she was doing everything she could. So a lot of time I would pretend that I wasn't hungry so my brother could have my share. So when I was finally grown and making my own money I ate and ate. I was in a vicious cycle eat loose eat loose eat loose. Finally when I hurt all the time, and all over I decided that for me I could and I would loose this weight. I wanna move when I get old and at the rate I was going I would be dead instead of moving!
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love cake!
  • TARALABAMA
    Options
    Ha, me too!! I eat so good at work and at dinner most of the time, then comes the wine!! haha I have learned if you want wine, just have a leafy salad for dinner :-/
  • aljeca
    aljeca Posts: 83
    Options
    I eat eat eat, and eat lots of sugary/salty/carbolicious foods. And do not exercise. And eat massive portions even when it is of something healthy. :S