I AM FAT BECAUSE.......

Options

Replies

• eln2008
    eln2008 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am an Emotional Eater and I allow stress to consume me sometimes. Food has brought me comfort when I know I should have found another solution to the stress. I love this post. Thanks.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    ...of poor choices and self inflicted habits!
  • mxtodsi
    mxtodsi Posts: 23
    Options
    I told myself that I was getting old so it didn't matter. Little did I realize that I was also destroying my health.
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    getting married and relaxing and "enjoying" life that inculded too many unhealthy choices... also emotional eating to fight boredom and anger...
  • cerwin17
    cerwin17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Of so many reasons I could name...having pretty much no concept of portion control for most of my life. Enjoying food, cooking it and eating it. Social eating. Emotional eating. Not enough physical activity. Low self-esteem. Getting comfortable in a long-term relationship and letting myself go. Family influences. Genetics. Being a full-time college student. Etc...
    But as tempting as it is to blame other people/things for my fatness, no one is to blame but myself. I'm realizing that my ideal weight and body is actually attainable, rather than a fantasy that I think will never happen. I just have to put in the work and do it.
  • Luckycharm76
    Options
    Food has become my entertainment, I live to eat!!!
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    It never occurred to me that a serving of macaroni and cheese might be less than 2 cups.
    /\ This!

I don't want to be kidnapped!!
    this is totally my problem
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • Titilayoo
    Titilayoo Posts: 2
    Options
    Because I never realized all of my unhealthy eating habits and no exercise would catch up at 40!!!!
  • Yummypunknpie
    Yummypunknpie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i have chronic fatigue syndrome ,im unhappy and i am an emotional eater as well.
  • Dream_Maker
    Options
    ...I didn't care...
    ...I don't have self control...
    ...I don't know where to start to get healthy...
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Sedentary lifestyle, anti depressants, bad foods and I just had such a low self esteem that I didn't care.
  • amersmanders
    amersmanders Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am fat because I use being busy as an excuse for eating poorly.
  • trina433
    trina433 Posts: 96
    Options
    same here girl!! i am experiencing that right now :(
    I'm fat because I like to eat. When PMS rolls around I'm scarfing down junk at an alarming rate. Two weeks out of the month of eating junk catches up after a while.
  • smartmom0818
    Options
    Food has always been a comfort to me. I have always like to feel my belly full, even when I was younger.
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    because i always eat too much.. i love food and it's almost my enemy seems like...
  • trbrf9
    trbrf9 Posts: 1
    Options
    I gained 70 pounds after having my son and didnt do anything about it
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    No exercise, unhealthy eating, and not having any concept of portion control crept up on me over the years. I use to love Ben and Jerry's Heath Bar Coffee Ice Cream. Now I know if I really want some, I'll have to give some calories up somewhere else.....a lot of calories. Most of the time, it's just not worth it! Once you break the habit, the craving is really gone!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be kidnapped!!
    this is totally my problem

Lmao...I really used to say this to people in the past...If I am fat no one will want to rape and/or kidnap me...The bad thing is I really believed it too...How messed up is that. :laugh:
  • krazykristen123
    krazykristen123 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I wasn't taught how to eat healthy
    and be active growing up...Good thing
    17 isn't to late to start changing my life!
  • cjroberts08
    Options
    I never learned portion control and didn't realize how MUCH I ate all the time...