I AM FAT BECAUSE.......

Options

Replies

• sarahmcp3
    sarahmcp3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like carbs. I had the self control to quit eating most bread. I was eating under 1000 cals a day and my unhealthy eating upset my boyfriend. I ate for him but still tried to monitor myself. I had some blood sugar issues that scared me. I over ate because I was afraid of passing out and from pressure from my boyfriend to " eat normal and exercise " I ate normal and didn't exercise and now being over weight has slowly crept up on me.
  • greentiffanie
    greentiffanie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am an emotional eater and I let food control me...and it got outta control!
  • tmielke74
    tmielke74 Posts: 8
    Options
    I believe I got fat because as a child I was taught to eat all my food on my plate "or else" so thats what I have done for years
    I still eat everything on my plate I just measure it out now so I know exactly how much I am really eating :)
  • optimumchill
    Options
    For years I kept making excuses why I don't feel like exercising today or why it's okay to eat the whole pizza, hamburger & fries, etc.....instead of just eating in moderation, choosing healthier snacks and exercising more.

Time for a lifestyle change!
  • Kellysmom78
    Kellysmom78 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I throughly enjoy food.....I love eating it, talking about it, reading about it and watching it being prepared!
    I hate the process of trying to lose it, because it has taken all the enjoyment out of eating! To worried now about how many calories are in everything to even enjoy what I am eating!
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Because of the mcdonalds outside my college u.u
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I am fat because I had binge eating disorder.

In High School I binged and purged when my parents moved us to Yuma, AZ. It was the only thing I felt I could control as a teenager. It was easy and I was at my thinnest weight ever @ 115lbs. But I know it was not healthy. I won't ever do it again but having had an eating disorder it does cross my mind occassionally...

I was near anorexic in high school then developed binge eating disorder. Then bulimia. It was bad. But right now I haven't binged or purged for almost five weeks so I'm hoping to continue on this path :)
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm bored, happy, sad, stressed, you name it.
  • wifeygrooms
    Options
    I never like anything healthy and love bread, sweets and soda....
  • skoshness
    skoshness Posts: 175
    Options
    too much chocolate, crisps, bread and butter and not moving enough!
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    ....food was my friend. I turned to it when I was happy, sad, depressed, lonely, or any emotion in between. I ate myself to 282lbs and man that was a lot of yummy food. But totally not worth my life.
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's very complicated, a hybrix mix of ignoring my weight, dealing with a goiter (which is now all better!), 5 years of fulltime college (I graduated) and some pretty awful eating habits for the last 6 years or so. Looking at my list, I see excuses, but I'm all done with excuses. One of my friends quoted from something that said, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." I think I understand that now. Working on taking off 84 pounds one day at a time.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be kidnapped!!
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    wine, margaritas, mexican food, pecan pie, movie theater popcorn, to name a few. ;)

But usually I blame it on my 3 kids (pregnancy, breastfeeding, eating their leftovers)
  • melissa_fitdiary40
    melissa_fitdiary40 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sugar and dairy
  • MegdKel
    MegdKel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    lazy. compulsive overeater. no exercise. addicted to carbs/sugar.

^ this.
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    im sad.
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I quit playing sports but kept eating like I did when I was super active. And just not having any nutritional knowledge during those years.
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I WAS FAT BECAUSE I LOVE TO EAT FOOD;... I AM NO LONGER FAT BUT I CONTINUE TO BINGE.. AND THAN I GO AND WK OUT FOR 3 HRS.. SO YES I HAVE AN EATING DISORDER
  • texastango
    texastango Posts: 309
    Options
    For years I kept making excuses why I don't feel like exercising today or why it's okay to eat the whole pizza, hamburger & fries, etc.....instead of just eating in moderation, choosing healthier snacks and exercising more.

Time for a lifestyle change!

Well said. You're right. And that's the ticket!