Any temptations by your gym

Options
124»

Replies

• Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I don't belong to a gym, but if I did, the one I'd join is next to the Affinity Credit Union (best not-bank ever!), across from Energy Rev (protein shake bar!), a vet, a nail salon, and a Papa Murphy's, which doesn't entice me at all. Great location!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    my workout studio is next door to a donut shop & across from a mexican restaurant
  • Mizzhill
    Mizzhill Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    there is a Chinese buffet next to my gym.... it only smells good once I'm leaving the gym... smh
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have two that I go to, one is on the upper level of a grocery store, and one is attached to a bar that has really great food!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Mins has a smoothie shop attached to it...and is relatively near Timmies, Harveys, Subway, Williams, Manchu Wok, Pizza PIzza....but they're in another building altogether so I don't see/smell them!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend works at the YMCA and on holidays I always bring in homemade holiday-themed cupcakes to my job (I work in an office). I always feel bad for not making him some to bring in, but he reminds me of how many frustrated people it would probably cause who would be coming in to work out and just end up insanely tempted.

That gym also happens to be right next to a popeye's chicken and a checkers. :P
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be next to a butcher and just moved to a building below a church. So nothing now except God upstairs judging all the music with bad language that gets played during classes.
  • Jeliwood
    Jeliwood Posts: 61
    Options
    Mine is by a taco bell, Arby's, Burger King, Wendy's and a KFC. And on the drive home from the gym (which is 5 minutes from my home) there is a Starbuck's, Wafflehouse, Sonic, and Mcdonalds. The only one that doesn't really kill me is Starbuck's and that's because what I normally get doesn't have that many calories in it and I only get it every great once in a while.
  • carrie3479
    carrie3479 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I deliberately did not join a Gym where I live because it is above Frankie and Bennys , and when on the treadmills you have the sign in front of you from the windows! it would be far too tempting!! The gym I go to is in the big sports centre but has an over priced bar, over priced coffee shop and a wimpy's (which I hate!) other than that there are vending machines, but I cant stand cola (fizzy drinks in general tbh) and I hate crisps which they are full of. In the actual gym they have protein shakes in the vending machines :) .. I do have to drive past a burger king (cant stand stuff like that though!0 and a really really really nice burger van that smells delicious and does the best fried onion EVER!! so unfair!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    yup, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Bojangles, a couple carry outs...
  • TracyAnn90
    TracyAnn90 Posts: 20
    Options
    My old gym is in a strip mall with a Subway and an amazing high end cupcake shop.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    The gym i have used mostly up to now is the one at my office. it is right by the exit. very tempting.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    My gym shares a parking lot with Duff's. Local chain famous for it's wings. (I live in Buffalo, these are without a doubt the best wings you'd ever have) I can smell them as I leave the gym.

You win for most tempting. I would be there every day!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    A chipotle, a chinese place, a pizza place and victoria's secret. Three ruin my thighs and one ruins my wallet!
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the same plaza as a McDonalds. Why do those damn fries have to smell so damn delicious? UGH!
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Mine has a bar and what amounts to a sports pub built right in - you just have to walk upstairs. How evil is that?
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My gym sits between an ice cream store and a bar, specifically the patio to the bar.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    the girls in yoga pants..yumm
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the same parking lot as Five Guys and a chicken wing place...
  • faylenechung
    faylenechung Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    its a 20 min drive so there is every fast food place you can think of on the way.