PSA: Muscles do not weigh more than fat.

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Also did you know that its 'a pound of muscle' not a pound of muscles'? 'Muscle' is a kind of tissue. 'Muscles' are organs. Saying muscles weigh more than fat, is off. Its "Muscle is more dense than fat."

Sorry, since you just schooled us in something so painfully obvious as one pound = one pound, I didnt think you'd mind me returning the PSA.

The problem here is that you've totally glossed over the fact that a pound of mussels NEVER EVER EVER equals a pound of mussels once all is said and done.

'Coz, you know, you don't eat the shells.

And there's the whole margin of error involved in dipping in melted butter.

omg.... youre right. facepalm of humiliation. you got me. how could i have missed da mussellllllllllsssssssssssssss
  • Tammi623
    Tammi623 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    First i was like :huh: this again. Then i was like ....
    :laugh: so much trollage going around ......... ALL the LULZ!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    To the OP:

No effing *kitten*, Sherlock....

If I see another thread that addresses this highly inexcusable source of confusion, I'm going to scream.

:explode: :explode: :explode:

Not only is another thread on this topic possible, but also it is very likely. In fact, I would say that it is inevitable.

(Makes note in calendar...August 1, 2012...start MFP forum thread on relative weights of muscle and fat. Use the following as examples: dog poop, feathers, boats, aluminum foil, chunks of iron, buoyant humans in various positions, etc.)

Eh, so I decided not to start a new thread, but instead, bump this one.

So here's your reminder about this incredibly important topic.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    To the OP:

No effing *kitten*, Sherlock....

If I see another thread that addresses this highly inexcusable source of confusion, I'm going to scream.

:explode: :explode: :explode:

Not only is another thread on this topic possible, but also it is very likely. In fact, I would say that it is inevitable.

(Makes note in calendar...August 1, 2012...start MFP forum thread on relative weights of muscle and fat. Use the following as examples: dog poop, feathers, boats, aluminum foil, chunks of iron, buoyant humans in various positions, etc.)

Eh, so I decided not to start a new thread, but instead, bump this one.

So here's your reminder about this incredibly important topic.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I love mussels.....so tasty