PSA: Muscles do not weigh more than fat.

Options

Replies

• fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Oh just shut up like we haven't had this thread 100 times before. Are you being supportive! No. Are you teaching us something new? No.

Sort it out people this is a support forum.

*rolls eyes*
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I think you know what people mean when they say it.

I don't see what's wrong about saying "muscle weighs more than fat" ... if you take a blob of fat and then take a blob of muscle of the same size, the muscle will weigh more. I wish people would stop nit picking everything that is said on here.

:drinker: Took the words right out of my mouth.
  • nheilweil
    nheilweil Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    By this logic there is no difference between a feather and a pile of poop.
    Burn the witch!!!!!

Hahaha...classic! First thing that sprang to my mind as well!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Oh just shut up like we haven't had this thread 100 times before. Are you being supportive! No. Are you teaching us something new? No.

Sort it out people this is a support forum.

*rolls eyes*

What a neat, tidy, and remarkably efficient world you must live in.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I had no idea there were this many rocket scientists on this board.
  • Brannock8
    Brannock8 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Yet 1 mb of RAM weighs more than 1MB on a flash drive... hmmmm I'm gonna start counting food by bites (bytes, get it? Nerd joke... Shut up I'm tired...and I probably don't like you anyway).
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options

I don't see what's wrong about saying "muscle weighs more than fat" ... if you take a blob of fat and then take a blob of muscle of the same size, the muscle will weigh more. I wish people would stop nit picking everything that is said on here.

Sounds good and I agree. But my endocronologist told me i was obese due to height/weight ratio. at 5'3 and 172 i am classified as obese. When I told her that i was in a size 9/10 and did insanity 6 days a week and muscle weighs more that fat she laughed and told me to lose 30 pounds.

I lost the doctor!!!

Good choice!
  • loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Options
    You realized that people mean "by volume" when they say that right?

.FrontProgress-1.jpg

See? I weigh the same as I did when I was fat but now my volume is smaller.
    Why does it look like the sides of your mouth are getting heavier as you're looking better? Smile!
    Good question, certainly the packaging is improved, what happened to the smile?
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    A pound of muscles equals a pound of fat.

A pound of this weighs the same as a pound of that. Interesting theory you have there.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    A pound of muscles equals a pound of fat. However, muscle is denser than fat; therefore a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat.

Have a blessed day!

You are totally amazing! Thanks for that info. You know, it's great when someone is able to bring up a brand new subject that has never been BEATEN THE FRUCK TO DEATH on the forums! Have a blessed day yourself cuz you fugged mine up pretty good...
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options

Sounds good and I agree. But my endocronologist told me i was obese due to height/weight ratio. at 5'3 and 172 i am classified as obese. When I told her that i was in a size 9/10 and did insanity 6 days a week and muscle weighs more that fat she laughed and told me to lose 30 pounds.

I lost the doctor!!!

Good choice!

Oh I forgot this part. that was after she told me to go on the scarsdale diet to lose the weight.... Ahhh No!!!
  • Shannota
    Options
    Yet 1 mb of RAM weighs more than 1MB on a flash drive... hmmmm I'm gonna start counting food by bites (bytes, get it? Nerd joke... Shut up I'm tired...and I probably don't like you anyway).

LMAO...OK, I am married to a computer technician...and I quote Yoda on occassion. Still, I thought it was funny
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    A pound of muscles equals a pound of fat. However, muscle is denser than fat; therefore a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat.

Have a blessed day!

You are totally amazing! Thanks for that info. You know, it's great when someone is able to bring up a brand new subject that has never been BEATEN THE FRUCK TO DEATH on the forums! Have a blessed day yourself cuz you fugged mine up pretty good...

So the thread title wasn't a clue? If my day were as easily ruined by MFP forum threads as yours apparently is, I would be more careful which ones I clicked.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    By this logic there is no difference between a feather and a pile of poop.

Ha! So. True.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Why does it look like the sides of your mouth are getting heavier as you're looking better? Smile!
    Good question, certainly the packaging is improved, what happened to the smile?

I can't smile and flex at the same time! I wasn't flexing for the first 2.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    So the 5lbs I gained this week weren't muscle?! UGH. I just started 2 weeks ago and haven't lost 20lbs like everyone else.
  • Shannota
    Options

I lost the doctor!!!

Good choice!

Oh I forgot this part. that was after she told me to go on the scarsdale diet to lose the weight.... Ahhh No!!!

Had to look that one up...yeah, I guess you'd lose weight, but yuck and unsatisfying. You definitely made a good choice!
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    The answer is 42.

..... /endthread

Exactly!
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options