Insanity Progress Pics ~ 6 weeks in (I would have quit)

Options

Replies

• Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Your progress is amazing! Thank you for this. I'm on day 5 & I love it as well, but have that doubt in the back of my mind that it will not work. You have given me hope :drinker:
  • jgoutcher
    jgoutcher Posts: 4
    Options
    Ohhhh Insanity is a beast!! I need to try again, I am so chicken though. Can definitely see your progress in the pics! Kudos to you for posting them and be proud:)
  • Omsy828
    Omsy828 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've lost sooooo much weight from insanity. Your results are not right at all! I think it could be apart of your diet. Try eating small meals every 2 hours. I eat 1 cup of brown rice and chicken or whatever meat I add every 2 hours. I've lost 10 pounds in one month and I'm not doing insanity atm. I will being insanity tomorrow and expect to see even greater results!
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a cool program.
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Here's my week 7 update:
    4th fit test = pretty good. I lost a few switch kicks, but went up in everything else; kicked some serious butt on push-up jacks (for me)

WI - down 1 lb :( The scale is not cooperating with this process.
    measurements - down another 8 inches overall! woot! That makes 17.5 inches gone total
    Not a big difference from last week in pics, but I take one at the end of each week. I wish the scale wasn't frustrating me so much!

3133klj.jpg

50l5bp.jpg
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow gr8 work!!! Very motivational as I too get frustrated with the scale although everything else is getting tight!!!
    THink I might need to try insanity too...love a good challenge.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see your progress! Your back transformation is just incredible!! Congrats to you! I start Week 2 tomorrow! I made sure to take before pictures and can't wait until I finish so I can compare them!!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge diff!!!! :drinker: (lmbo at ur husand havin to re-take em.. lol..)
  • tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing....I love your attitude and your outlook on things....I can't wait to see your success story once you reach your goal weight...talk about motivation!!!!:love::love: :love:
  • kaligrl1
    kaligrl1 Posts: 54
    Options
    You look great!!
  • MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!! you are toning up so well, keep up the awesome work!! I start Insanity on Wednesday, I am scared but ready for a challenge to kick my butt. Very inspiring.
  • asiedu82
    asiedu82 Posts: 22
    Options
    You look great! I can def see progress. Keep working at it!! I know the feeling
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Here's my week 7 update:
    4th fit test = pretty good. I lost a few switch kicks, but went up in everything else; kicked some serious butt on push-up jacks (for me)

WI - down 1 lb :( The scale is not cooperating with this process.
    measurements - down another 8 inches overall! woot! That makes 17.5 inches gone total
    Not a big difference from last week in pics, but I take one at the end of each week. I wish the scale wasn't frustrating me so much!

3133klj.jpg

50l5bp.jpg

same with me and the scale- your gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time, then the inches fall off with the clothing sizes...youll see, the scale at THIS point is a lier. You look fantastic! keep it up!
  • TheRoseQueen
    TheRoseQueen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello there....

I agree with imchicbad above....

...You are loosing fat and gaining muscle....loosing inches, but the scale is not cooperating..... That is why relying on the "scale" is so un-inspiring (at least for me....and for others that I have been reading about). Just so you know, I am in the "Over 60+ crowd, and have been fighting the "battle" for many years..... A yo-yo dieter of full description. Done and tried almost everything....sometimes I was up in weight, and sometimes down in weight......but now in the 60+ age bracket it has become a major challenge to "go back down". Working on it though!!!!

I need both knees replaced, and since joining MFP about 2 months ago have been doing some serious cardio and weight machine workouts.....along with daily diet changes. Love this program, for sure!!! Love the accountability.....and most important of all.....Love most of the community I have come to know!!!!

YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!! You have the same issues as both myself and my daughter, and the two months of hard work DEFINITELY IS SHOWING!!!!! Don't count on the scale so much right now....it is so variable. I haven't lost pounds myself as much as I have lost inches....and from what I understand, after all the dust finally settles, the pounds will suddenly start shedding. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. Really would love to see your progress over the next upcoming months.....especially to show my daughter (who does work out, was a former water polo player and distance swimmer --- but has the same body type as you) so she can see that the "rolls" you refer to can actually come off with dedication and hard work. Please feel free to "friend" me if you want. I don't ask to many to "friend" me.....just those who really inspire me. Keep up the fantastic work, and look forward to hearing from you in the future.
  • nmsteele
    nmsteele Posts: 2
    Options
    Great job! There is definitely a difference! Hang in there! You look great! :)
  • greyfeathers
    Options
    Girl, my eyes just about bulged out of my head when I saw the difference between your Day 1 and Day 49 pictures. Amazing how much you've accomplished in that short time! Keep up the fantastic work!
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Yes, I see the difference and if you keep it up, you will only see more wonderful results! You're going in the right direction- good job!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I do see a big difference. Keep doing a great job. Am starting Insanity tomorrow too.
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wow! Such an awesome difference! Amazing job!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can definitely see a difference in the way you look. You might be holding water, which is why you're not losing more weight, but keep it up. It's worth it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!