cereals......

Options
12346»

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I'm one of only two people I know that eats Grape Nuts.

oooh, those poor grapes! :laugh:
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    i got told of a trainer a while ago to keep away from cereals .... all cereals have sugars in etc etc.... i now have a bowl of cereal nearly every night & occasionally on a morning........... do you eat cereals??

Cereals aren't so bad--but you do have to read labels. Shredded Wheat and oatmeal have very little sugar, if any. Stay away from stuff like Super Sugar Crisp, because that one is loaded with sugar.

A not-so-great cereal will have sugar among the first listed ingredients.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Yup. I eat cereals. LIFE is one of my faves! Had it this morning.

OMG I LOVE Life cereal.

I like Life Cereal, too.
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    I admit I am addicted to cinnamon life cereal... I eat 2 servings a day for breakfast with 1c of milk. Ever since my lifestyle change I have become addicted to different foods.. For 2 months straight I ate 2 blueberry eggo waffles with 1 TBSP peanut butter, then for a month it was Sara Lee 45 calorie bread with Welch's natural strawberry spread. But I am def planning on eating cinnamon life for the foreseeable future lol.. it is so good. Loaded with sugar? No, but it's just sweet enough & I figure if WIC approves it to be nutritionally sound for my 3 year old.. it can't be all bad. I just do everything in moderation.
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I often eat Special K Red Berries as part of my breakfast. I measure out a serving, and I eat it dry. It fills me up just fine because I typically eat it with eggs and some sort of breakfast meat. Cereal isn't evil - anything can be bad for you if you eat it by the boxful.
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Watched a documentary on food additives on the CBC...the sugar is bad enough but...

Tri sodium phosphate (TSP) is added to many breakfast cereals.....ugh! That stuff is a solvent cleaner that janitors use to clean toilets and walls.

Honey nut Cheerios was one of the cereals they mentioned...I checked the box and sure enough. No more for me. Ewwww!