Do You Ride a Motorcycle?

Options

Replies

• GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Just drooling over the bikes, don't mind me. Missing riding one. Ugh.
  • C00lCountry
    Options
    I currently ride a 08 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic fi.
    I like the comfort and smoothness.
    Wife likes the room on it and comfort since added a trunk.
    I like the storage since trunk and saddle bags.
    I have various other sizes.

Something to consider.
    How long of trips you plan to take?
    Are you ever going to ride 2 up?
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Today is the 40th anniversary of getting my first motorcycle.

I was given a Honda 50 for my 8th birthday, years of racing (dirt and road course) and numerous crashes (dirt/track/street) and I still ride.

[img]http://www.emaren.com/gallery/var/resizes/Bikes/Speed3/vi-Gallery Image-1800350236.jpeg[/img]

Bike is a 2007 Triumph Speed Triple that now has about 37,000 miles on it - I got it new in August 2007.....

Due to my experience I wear gear on every ride - on short trips I will wear kevlar jeans, on longer trips I am a full-leathers kind of rider....

Max_T3_large.jpg?m=1353272154

Feel free to mention power rangers and generally tell me I am a jerk for advocating full gear or explaining that it is too hot for leathers where you live. Many people do. But I've come off 'at speed' on a couple of occasions and actually worn through 1.6mm of fine italian leather as I have slid along the road, I have also worn soft spots in a helmet and escaped with little more than concussion......

oh and first bike ?

Ninja 250, then after 5000 miles an SV650, then after 10K and half a dozen track days, maybe a sports 600 if you want to actually learn to ride.

Otherwise it is up to you, but the more intimidating the bike, the less you learn.

PERIOD...
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've been riding solo alongside hubby for 28 years. My first bike was a '65 Harley Panhead. Hubby fixed up a '80 Harley Wide Glide to get me off the Panhead - he said I was putting too many miles on it! I now have a '01 Harley Road King. I still ride all three bikes. Love my Harleys :love:
  • TheOrangeViolin
    Options
    I ride a 94 Yamaha Vmax 1200. Great bike and wiked fast! New to posting on boards, so don't know how to post a pic. If there are anymore Vmax riders or lovers out there post pics!!
  • Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    Yes a Kawasaki Vulcan classic 1600 the model year is 2006
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    NOOOO NO MOTARD. I saw a handsome, tall, sexy man with a helmet at a coffee shop one day, and he immediately caught my attention... UNTIL I saw him go get on his scooter. Go shop to shop, test out bikes. See what you like. Then decide. My first bike was a Honda Nighthawk 550, which was an excellent first bike. Now I ride a Vulcan Meanstreak. VROOM VROOM!!!! ah FREEDOM... it's wonderful...
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Yes a Kawasaki Vulcan classic 1600 the model year is 2006

HA ME TOO!! Mine is a 2008 Custom red and black though :D
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Honda VTX 1800r....see pics....should be in the back of my truck. I'm 6' and handle it great.

Why do I ride? The freedom honestly. Being open and on a winding road, just me, no one to bother me...it's peaceful, relaxing.
  • DustyM777
    DustyM777 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Looking through old posts here and found this one.

My new ride when I brought it home. `06 Victory Vegas Jackpot
    Jackpot2.jpg

And here it is now
    4967D34E-4A40-4A88-B119-89DC49799E0A-2698-0000020433F6ACFA.jpg
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Nope....but would love too.....
  • lisadiane41
    Options
    No but if I did I would ride a Harley
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Heritage Softail, everyone in our family rides. Awesome family together time
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I started with an 82 Honda CB 450T, my learning bike, which I rode for 2 years. Upgraded to an 84 Honda Hawk which wasnt too bad (650cc). I now ride an 03 Dyna Wide Glide. This is the most comfortable of the 3 bikes for sure. Doesn't feel like a gust of wind is going to push me off the road either. My husband loves his 02 Sportster, he must love it as he's put 175,000 miles on that bike.
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I ride, my first street bike was a 250 Honda Rebel, i have had Suzuki's and other Honda's. I didnt get my first Harley 1200 Sportster till 2005, then a Softail Standard and then a Softail Deluxe. I love the sound of a Harley but respect anyone who rides regardless of make or model. My ride now is HD 2009 Street Glide, my favourite bike this far. I would like to someday own something Vintage in Harley or a New Triumph. Best of luck on your new purchase:drinker:

Ride Easy
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    No but I totally want to take some pictures on someone's bike so I can look hotter than I am. :-)
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Did, but I was in college and my Daddy never knew. (Yikes, STILL afraid to think about that.). -Had a Ninja. (College was a LONG time ago...).
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I ride a 01 Vstar 650, It pushes me around just fine. Smaller bikes are great to start on, I hope to move up some day but for now I'm fine.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I drive a cute little white moped/scooter :flowerforyou: with a pink sparkly glitter helmet!!

And drive a lambo gallardo for when I wanna hang with the boys! LOL :drinker:

**needs attention, no?**
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    My first (and only so far) bike:

http://img1.findthebest.com/sites/default/files/778/media/images/2010_Buell_Lightning_XB12Scg_Motorcycle.jpg

Get a 1200. You'll grow out of a 650 in a year.