Do You Ride a Motorcycle?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Based off my profile, yes I do. I have a 600 katana. Great bike. I wouldnt neccesarilly agree with jenj, depending on what type of bike, whether cruiser, sport, touring, super sport, or some combo. 600 on a sport touring is great for me, but I probably could handle a bigger bike now that Ive been riding for a few years, but dont get a 1200 super sport for your first bike. Get one used off craigslist, get a good feel, then buy a nice new pretty bike
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    This is my custom HD Bagger...

Mybike2011.jpg
  • disdatdude
    Options
    I started riding when I was a tike. It was a Trail Horse and had a little Briggs and Stratton motor. That thing put scars on every kid in my family for 3 years :laugh: It had no shocks and we had to ride in the alley so those bouncy round tires and gravel were an accident waiting to happen. I graduated to various motorcross bikes and loved it. Parents would never let me race.

I joined the Navy and used a buddies street bike to go see a girl. I guess he thought I knew how to ride from the way I took off. Dirt bikes and streek bikes are two different animals. Anyway, I almost died about 3 times that night (for real) doing wheelies and speeding so I decided there and then I wasn't ready for a street bike.

10yrs later I bought a 1979 KZ1000 for $125 bucks at a Goodwill auction. Loved the bike and went everywhere on it. Topped out at 130mph and was a lead sled (didn't stop for crap). Became a dad and decided to stop riding because of a few close calls prior to becoming a dad (still acting crazy on it). Lost it during a blindsided divorce...took it to a shop because I had to empty my stuff out of the house. The owner's buddy took the bike and I could never chase him down :devil:

Divorced about 5 yrs later and picked up another Kaw. This time a ZX6r (2004). This thing is insane. 120+mph in about 10 seconds. From 80 to 150 in even less time. Yep, I'm still an idiot. Realized that and now I only take it out inside of the city. I avoid the highways for obvious reasons (Sammy Hagar, baby!!!...I can't drive 55):tongue:
  • crissy_percival
    crissy_percival Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    yeah i can ride a motor bike havent in many years though
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I ride on one with my bf. He has a Harley. I'm hoping to get my endorsement this summer!
  • tynger112
    tynger112 Posts: 351
    Options
    I'll say this, I bought my harley in 2010. From my experience, You really need to identify what type of person you are. riding is an addiction. one that can get out of hand...riders know what i mean. If your the type who enjoys going fast, or drive a car reckless, the bike will amplify that exponentially. I know that i drive like a crazy man, sport bike, definately not a good fit for me. Id rather cruis chill and haul *kitten* in a rumble. Im not sayin dont, just sayin, consider what type of rider your going to be.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I bought my Harley Heritage Classic in 09. I spent 6 months in Florida riding all the time but now I am in Utah and wont be riding until the damn snow melts and it gets above 25.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I ride a Ninja600e and LOVE it...handles like a dream, not supersport, the riding position is good and comfortable for longer rides. Corners awesome. Started on a dirtbike....before bikes I had a lot of experience on sleds....and the different riding helps make you a better rider.
  • johnjkkelly
    Options
    02 buell cyclone
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Crashed on a Honda Shadow ACE 750cc when I slid on some gravel leaning into a curve. Fixed the bike though, and I was fixable too.

Crashed and burned that same bike when a deer popped out in front of me. I was fixable but the bike wasn't.

Now I ride a Suzuki Boulevard C90 1500cc.

319435_10151369421250200_1965909945_n.jpg
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yep, started out on a 250 Rebel, went to a Boulevard S50, now have TWO Suzuki Volusias. (Now called a Boulevard C50). Love it!!!
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    GPZ900R sold 2 years ago :-(