Smokin' Hot Green Pepper's ~ Week 3

Options
Post your wt and minutes exercised...keep up with the water and fruit challenge. This week our challenge is to get in at least 3 servings of veggies a day. Good luck with your lifestyle change pepper's....if anyone can do this, WE CAN! you are all such great ladies and bring tons of support and motivation here! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi there Peppers ... just want to drop a quick note ... my computer is being wonky ... maybe a virus or something ... my techie friend will be checking it out for me but not 'til next week so not sure when I can get back on. I'm heading out of town for a few days so I'm hoping to have this fixed up after I get back. Honestly ... what ever is going on is making this computer sooooo slow. Please don't count me out if I'm not on for a while ... I'll be back as soon as I can.

technical_difficulties.jpg
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    magglett that's fine...we'll be here. hope the pc gets fixed soon and it's nothing major...enjoy weekend away! take care *hugs* :heart:
    kel
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Ok, 3 veggies.
    Thanks.

Barb
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • evgal
    evgal Posts: 22
    Options
    morning peppers,
    must have been having a blonde momment, i thought it was friday yesterday!!!:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
    i've been looking @ the scale all week & was anxious to see if i was losing, but i wanted to wait the week, i was afraid if i wasn't losing or god forbid gained, for sure hit the snack cabinet:laugh:
    so i lost 3 lbs
    exercised 995 mi./16.3 hrs mostly walking
    ate melons,strawberries,banna,oranges,apples,peaches,cranberry jc
    got all the h2o in
    but not getting all the calories in, i've been ranging 800-1000 without exercise, i'm supposed to eat 1300
    i'm not trying to cut them out but i'm not hungry, even the day i had the 900 cal lunch :blushing: :blushing: i didn't go over came out to1396 but with excercise was supposed to eat 1750!! how accurate do you think the calorie counter on this page is?
    3 veggies sounds like a good challenge:smile::smile: :smile:
    karen
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    afternoon peppers! well, the rain has not let up and i really should have stayed home today.....anyone else's life on hold b/c of aunt flow? :angry: i will not make this mistake again. really looking forward to the weekend and the next 2-3 normal/dry weeks...

HI kitn!! :flowerforyou: good that your keepin busy there! hey, are you a GT fan?

sindy ~ a carb is a carb is a carb...and we all know there are good ones and bad ones. yup, sugar is in fruit, but it is a natural sugar...however, there are some fruits that have lower "glycemic' levels....those would firstly be your berry fruits, and all of them! and maybe slightly better would be the melon family. next would be the tomato's, then the citrus clan....and then the peach/plum duo, and grapes are good. now the higher ones are banana, 23.7and pears 25.1. i say don't worry bout it, but i do try to stay with the lower ones, even tho nanners are my fav. something i learned from JM Master your Metabolism, is to have your fruits earlier in the day, and preferably not after 3pm......b/c of the sugar content. this way you have all day to burn off the sugar/carb when you are likely more active....well, for some of us, and then not for those of us who workout in the eve. i would just do what works best for you and be careful with the diabetes. congrats on being mindful of this. my mother is diabetic insulin and she is a horrible patient. she doesn't check her blood levels, and has not changed her diet one bit. it is very tough to see her do this to herself, but it is her choice. good luck and let us know if you switch anything up:wink:

you guys wanna go with a veggie challenge starting tomorrow? like, 3 servings / day????

** ALSO ** don't forget to post your exercise/workout minutes so we can keep track for the 200 HR month challenge!! woot woot, go SHGP's!! wishin ya all the best tomorrow! keep on keepin folks!

Kell-Yes I am a GT fan...why???? you gonna give me some tickets??? lol :bigsmile: :heart:

Ladies.....so excited to report that I weighed in at 126.0!!! woohoo...back to where I was a month ago...it just took me to get back into watching my food intake a bit better! :bigsmile:
    But gonna be doing some good exercising this weekend so hoping for better results next week. I love the challenge this week b/c we eat veggies at every meal so I know I can meet this goal a bit better!
    I did ok with the fruit last week.....I got in usually 1-2 fruits at least so its better than nothing!
    I hope you all a great day...I will check back in later in the day...maybe a couple of hours or so...wishing everyone a great and lovely Friday....and cant wait to see what everyone posts!! lots of love to you all!:heart:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Pepper's,
    This was a very long week for me. I had 3 different fruits everyday except 1, drank 8 - 9 glasses of water everyday, I exercised for 272 mins. or 4 1/2 hours this week, Ok now will tell you the weight, last Friday was 202, TODAY :bigsmile: 198 pounds that is a 4 pound loss for the week, I could not believe it, I got off and back on a couple of time to make sure it was correct. :drinker: :laugh: :sad: :bigsmile:

WTG evgal, 3 pounds is great :drinker:

Magglett, hope you get your computer working.

Well hope everyone had a positive day with weigh in.

Love the new veggie challange, will keep the other two it really keeps me on track

Check back in a little while. Happy loosing Pepper's :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Wow!!1 Everyone is doing so great.

I stayed the same on weight this week 139.8 - pretty typical for me, I usually drop weight every 3 weeks.

Exercise - 250 minutes

Will do great with the veggies challenge, still good on my water.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Jenn
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    ok so no wt loss actually gain 2 pounds,
    exercise-64 min
    well def need to step my game, well after last night I def need to get serious. My poor ds was told by her cariologist if she didn't get her heart rate under control somehow beside with the medicine they can only give her 5 years, she is only 44, it is breaking my heart. I just want to hit her over the head and say get moving, stop eating crap! but who am I to talk, so now after seeing this morning scale and my week total of exercise I realize I could be in the same boat. So pray for me SHGP I need to get serious in a bad way!
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    BTW: I did my 3 hrs of exercise overall......so count me in for 180 mins. Between all the gardening and walking at the fair I know that is what helped me out this week!

WTG sindy....that is a wonderful weight loss.

Jacque...sorry about ur sister...I hope she can find a way to get her heart rate under control and you two can use each other as support!

Jenn-great Jenn. No weight gain is better than weight gain. And like you said...your boby is on a pattern and you see loss every 3 weeks...so keep up the great work!!!!

ladies I forgot to mention this...but my baby will be 5 yrs old in 10 days....AHHHH!! shes my only one and we wont have anymore and I am just so sadden at how grown up she is. Shes supposed to be my baby forever! what happened!!!!
    and then yesterday she had an accident on her bike and busted her mouth up....its swollen, cut and bruised and all she wanted to do was be babyed and loved...I LOVED IT!!!!! (not that she got hurt but that I got to hold her, rock her, and love on her) Hoping she feels better soon bc she says she doesnt want to go to softball tomorrow and everyone make fun of her. :brokenheart: how does a 5 yr old worry about what others think? :frown: shes so sweet!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    mornin pepper's! wishin you all a good Friday and an even better weekend! will be here off and on today.....just keep sending your stats and i'll log them as they come. just want to remind everyone that if you want i can record your starting MFP wt....kinda gives you an over all look at your progress.

i am down 1.6 this week to 176. gettin closer to my *personal* mini goal of no longer being obese...i did good each day with the water and fruits, need to work a little harder on my exercise, only at 2.25 hrs this week......i'll do better from now on!

evgal ~ i learned early on that the calories here are pretty close, but some are way off. so, i compare everything i eat. some values could really make a diference in your daily totals.....and if we are to be watching our calories, i want the most correct info. i have added many of my own foods. but i also weigh most everything i eat too. yes, very time consuming, but once i get a better visual on things, that wont' seem so obsessing...great job on the 16+ hrs of exercise! great for the heart, lungs, and flexibility!

kitn ~ wonderful you are down!! happy for you! lil changes here and there add up. that is the first thing i notice when i start eating healthier, i feel better physically and mentally, and now i want to feel that way, every day! plus, the scale shows proof too! re GT, do you remember a few yrs back when the Iowa wrestlers and Tom Brands came to VT??? well, those 3 wrestlers are all within 25 miles of me....AND, one of them was from our school, North-Linn. i was his bus driver for wrestling for over 5 yrs, and I still drive for wrestling and his coach! small world! :wink:

sindy ~ woot woot, you are in the 190's girl!! YIPPY! i knew you could do it! aren't you excited!! nice job on the workouts!

jenn ~ i show a .1 loss for you!! every little bit counts! keep up workout routine! you're amazing!

jacque ~ 2 lbs isn't really that much. it could be water. that is scary about your sis, i hope things improve for her...she can do it! girl, i will surely say some prayers for you....i totally understand your struggles. right now i am doing pretty good, but in the back of my mind i have this fear of 'going back' to my unhealthy ways. i think making small changes along the way has helped me the most. over time these minor modifications have begun to reprogram the way i look at food, and done so without the pressure of a sudden life change. never underestimate the positive you are building, with even the slightest improvements! you CAN bounce back from a slight setback or an indulgent weekend, we all can. being healthy can take time, planning and mostly devotion. however, like most other areas in our lives, the upfront commitment reaps long-term benefits. positive changes start with the choices we make every day!! here's to you jacque...i know you can do this, you are worth it! ** hugs ** :heart: the pepper's are here for you no matter what!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Morning all! well I weigh 220 (Yay havn't seen this number since in about 5 years!)this morning which is a 4 pound loss I think form last week. But that is most likely dues to me dueing sick and not able to keep much down. But a loss is a loss for me:) LOL :happy:
    Evgal-WOW so many workout hours! you go girl!
    Jacque-hope that your sister can find a way to calm her heart. I know you are a great support system for her! I feel it!
    miss kitn- I know what you mean about the little one! my oldest is turning 7 this monday which is hard for me to understand!:)LOL
    Jenn- it sounds like you know how loosing works with your body! I wish I had that ability:) LOL :tongue:
    Sindy good jobo on the loss!:bigsmile:
    PROUD OF ALL THE PEPPERS!:heart:
    ~E
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Good morning Peppers

Happy Friday Everyone :flowerforyou:

Since my weigh ins are on Wednesday's i will post here on Fridays .... 205 lost 2 pounds....since i lost track of my excercise for the month of sept i will start from yesterday oct 1st..... 205 minutes (2 day total)

Congrats to the people who loss weight and for the ones who didnt dont give up just try harder .... :wink:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    karen ~ lil confused on your wt.....on 9/25 you mention 225/224, then the next day you put 185. just wanna make sure i have the numbers right for the chart. thanks!
    kel
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    Good morning ladies. My weigh in for today is 208.8. I exercised for 520 minutes from 9/25 - 10/1. I am really glad the challenge for this week is veggies. I need help eating mine. I am going to have to go to the store for some raw veggies as of right now I can't stand the smell of cooked veggies. I hope this passes soon. My boys(husband & son) are not being encouraged to eat their veggies like they need to. Hope everyone has a great day!:smile:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Morning all! well I weigh 220 (Yay havn't seen this number since in about 5 years!)this morning which is a 4 pound loss I think form last week. But that is most likely dues to me dueing sick and not able to keep much down. But a loss is a loss for me:) LOL :happy:
    Evgal-WOW so many workout hours! you go girl!
    Jacque-hope that your sister can find a way to calm her heart. I know you are a great support system for her! I feel it!
    miss kitn- I know what you mean about the little one! my oldest is turning 7 this monday which is hard for me to understand!:)LOL
    Jenn- it sounds like you know how loosing works with your body! I wish I had that ability:) LOL :tongue:
    Sindy good jobo on the loss!:bigsmile:
    PROUD OF ALL THE PEPPERS!:heart:
    ~E
    aweeeeeeeeee our kids have the same bday .... my daughter will be 4 on Oct 5th :smile:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    kitn ~ oh your poor lil girl...that had to hurt...those precious mothering moments...:heart: cherish :heart: i almost gotta beg for hugs now from my teen boys! my youngest is a SENIOR!! :sad: it is so tough..spend as much time with your kids while you can. i am thankful my 19 yr old still lives here, but he will move out next summer for 3rd yr college....:cry: and he would love to live in CO so he can snowboard.....:frown:

HI megan!! 205/2 days!! :drinker: great!

Miss V ~ congrat on the 4 lbs girl!! you'll be in the 100's in no time!! hope you are feeling better. lots of colds and flu starting here. feel like i should wear a mask on my bus! :ohwell:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hi angie!! you are down this week!! that is great for expecting! you feeling pretty good otherwise? sorry to hear about your stove, glad it wasn't bad...i need to clean mine too! hope you can get out to the farmer's market. ours are starting to end here. so, are you due in April? that will be here before you know it! my youngest was born in April, and i SO enjoyed having the spring off! :flowerforyou:
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    I am feeling great!:smile: I am due 5/11/10. I hoping to go a little bit early. I find the more time I spend in the pool swimming; the better I feel. I hope as long as I eat about 2000 calories a day and not eat my exercise calories I will only gain a little weight during my pregnancy. I am aiming for 11 pounds, which is in the recommend amount for obese people like me. We will see. I really do need the challenges to help me eat healthier. I usually lose my weight by exercising it off without the permanent eating changes. Then as soon as I fall out of the habit of exercising I gain my weight back plus extra. I am really trying to do better because it is not only me that my eating habits are affecting now. I am off to do some more swimming. Have a great day! :smile:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Good morning Peppers!!!

Magglett, hope your pc gets fixed quick. We’ll miss you!!

Congrats to everyone who’s lost!! That’s awesome!

Jacque, that’s really tough about your sis. My dad is very stubborn about his eating habits and it is hard to watch. He just keeps eating all the junk he wants although he’s diabetic and he’s had a bypass. I hope your sis wakes up and starts taking care of herself. Maybe you getting serious will inspired her. Good luck!!

I’m giving up on last week and starting fresh today. I weighed in at 233 (which almost made me cry even though I was expecting it). I won’t be letting myself do that again. I have no exercise to report, but I will make it up this week. We’re going for a bike ride tonight and I’ll either go for a ride or do C25K on both Saturday and Sunday. Then, I promise to keep it up through the week. I want to ride Monday and Wednesday and do C25K on Tuesday.