Smokin' Hot Green Pepper's ~ Week 3

Options

Replies

• sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    WTG Pepper's :drinker: Everyone is doing great, even if you gain or did not loose you are still trying. It is hard to stick to everyday, but we all can do this.

I am so excited to be out of the 200's because I know that number will never come back on my scale :bigsmile:

I dont look at this as a diet, I feel it is a life change and I want to be healthy for me. I am starting to feel more like I have more energy everyday. So on to this weeks challanges. 3 veggies a day this one is going to be tough but I am up for it. I am stay with the fruit, water and exercise challenges too.

Thank you everyone for all the great support. I enjoy being a SHGP and glad we are in this together.

Have a great afternoon, check back in later have to get back to work :drinker: :heart:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Today’s weight
    I was hoping for more…but…. As it’s been said, a loss is a loss.

Exercise
    20 minutes walk
    15 minutes run
    30 minutes curves

Hopefully our families will see our new changes and incorporate changes in their life.

What I’ve learned this week – it’s OK to ask and/or accept help from others. My ego, pride and need to be self reliant caused me undue stress.

My other big “a-ha” moment this week – has been accept successes. I’m been critical in my thinking “it’s not good enough.”
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Peppers:

Happy Saturday Everyone:

I got my 3 veggies in yesterday but only 1 fruit (oops) lol.... and my total for excercise is 315 minutes (total for 3 days)

Hope everyone has a great weekend :flowerforyou:
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    w2-1.jpg

let me know if i need to change anything on the chart. will be doing the * SHGP's 200 hr Exercise Challenge * chart soon!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    kelly
    change the name to balcott
    starting MFP weight was 172

today's exercises
    75 minutes walk.

gotta go....looking at a van...used, cash sale, but it's all I can do
  • evgal
    evgal Posts: 22
    Options
    kelly, not sure where 225 came from lol but my begining wt was 185 now 182. last week was my ist weigh in.so looks like i'm aweek behind everyone,
    karen
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Hey all!! Its Saturday night and not to bad of a day. I was in class all day, but i went prpared and took a cutie and apple to eat during the breaks, had a pretty good lunch. Was so happy to get out early enought to make to the Y before they closed. Got a 53 min work out in before they closed. Doing good on the water and vegatables. found coleslaw made out of carrots and brocholi , it really dressed up my salad for dinner tonight. I know its drastic but I kept telling myself all day if I do nothing else I must exercise.
    Kelly-love the chart, next week is gonna be better.
    OMG I think its Crystal I got to thank but if its someone else Please be forever thankful about the skinnycow talk I bought yesterdy, they are sooooo good!!
    talk to ya all later
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Happy Sunday Pepper's! :smile:

been busy since Fri afternoon....we started out winning our Homecoming game, but ended up with a loss, 17- 20. my ds was so upset, i felt bad for him. they at least scored on one of his long catches. and...my oldest ds's g/f won homecoming queen!! it was so exciting!! will get a pic of that on here soon. yesterday i started cleanin my bedroom closet out...UGH :ohwell: few bags of clothes goin to goodwill. this is kinda weird, but i do have some fav 'fat' clothes that i am donating. dh and i went to the local steakhouse here...and i really did indulge :tongue: nothing was clean, but i figure that is 2 meals in 2-3 weeks, pretty darn good. i just gotta keep doin this...it is working. and i know once i get to exercising more, i am gonna reshape my body, that's when ppl really notice for me. anyway, i had 6 fried shrimp w/sauce, baked potato w/butter and sour cream, a small salad with black olives, onions, cheddar cheese, croutons, ranch dressing, cottage cheese, a pasta salad and a diet pepsi. i was a lil concerned at how my body would react to all of this, but i was only a little uncomfortable for a couple of hours, and of course pushed the water when i got home. back to clean this am, and ready to make it a great week......

barb ~ good luck with the van today, hope it all works out. seems like lately we are having problems with our vehicles, tires/brakes for the truck, tires for 3 cars and one also needs a tie rod and another rack and pinion. :angry: i don't complain much tho, as i am lucky that i drive the bus most of the time, and the school pays for it's fuel and repairs.

jacque ~ i too have room for improvement.....gonna try a little harder this week with the exercise, and hopefully that will boost my motivation some. you did very well Sat. YIIPPY for you! :flowerforyou:

ok Smokin' Hot Green Pepper's ! just a reminder of all the GOOD, healthy challenges we are doin here ~
    our current challenge is 3 sevings of veggies each day

you can continue if you wish ~
    8 glasses of water each day
    3 servings of fruit each day, diff colored

and....
    our ** TEAM ** exercise challenge ~~ we are working towards 200 hours of activity!! currently we are at 39.9, almost 40 hrs. if we stay at that level, we will be near 120 hrs at the end of our challenge....CAN WE DO THIS???? let's get movin'!! :bigsmile: BRING IT TEAM!!! :drinker:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Peppers:

3 veggies for me yesterday...3 fruits for me yesterday...100oz of water for me (but thats everyday) and 360 hours of excercise since Oct 1st....

Have a great sunday everyone ....
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Ok group -- today's update --

Exericse
    13 min run
    30 minute walk

At 7:30am this morning I did my employer fitness test. Here's the breakout --

Waist measurement - 36 inches. Must have 29.5" for maximum points. Needless to say I ddin't get much points.

Push-ups/1 minute timed test -- 32 -- must do 30 for maximum points. Anything over does not give you more points. I stopped after 32 w/approx 15 seconds to go. I could have kept going but wanted to save energy for run. Push-ups - no sweat - easy as pie for me.

Sit-ups/1 minute timed test -- 43 -- must do 40 for maximum points. Anything over does not give you more points. I stopped w/approx 5 seconds to go - wanted to save energy for the run. Sit-ups - no sweat - easy as pie for me.

1.5mile run -- 13min/15 sec -- that's a 8.76 minute mile.
    WHOA.... after my run, I nearly puked up my pre run protein shake. I knew I had to run SUPER fast to pass. For maximum points in the run, I would have to run 11min/49 sec -- that's a 7.66 minute mile.
    My normal 2 mile runs 3days/week I think I'm doing a 9 minute mile.

Passed by 2 points -- so I barely passed.
    From the previous test in Feb, I dropped 2.5 minutes off run and 1 inch off waist. No change in push-ups or sit-ups. In Feb I had failed w/10 points under passing score.

New standards in Jan -- must have 35.5 inch waist or smaller to pass. If larger, automatic failure of the entire test.

Thus, I not really excited over my passing score because I need to be smaller for new standards.
    I'm glad I passed but realized I won't pass in Jan unless I can get my waist smaller.

However, let's face it -- I PASSED THE DAMN THING. And didn't eat any homemade cookies brought into the office.

Barb
    147642.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jacque509
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good Sunday! Feeling good today. Got some baking in, eating smart and exercised. I love muffins esp bran with chocolate chips so today I made them in the mini size so I can feel like I am having a treat without the guilt.
    Got my veg in today, water, need fruit yet. Got in 63 min exercise yay!!:drinker:
  • jacque509
    Options
    Thats great Barb!!!!:drinker: :smokin: :smooched:
    Passing the cookies and the test
    I hope to be able to run that fast some day
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hello my friends ... I just got back from a weekend away. Hubby and I went to our daughter's surprise 25th birthday party. Way too much food, way too much wine, not nearly enough exercise ... way way too much fun :laugh: Well I'm back now ... back to my normal routine.
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    w2-1.jpg

let me know if i need to change anything on the chart. will be doing the * SHGP's 200 hr Exercise Challenge * chart soon!

What an awesome chart. You did an excellent job! Thank you for all of your had work.:flowerforyou:
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    I have been doing a terrible job with eating my vegetables, but doing good on water and fruit. I haven't exercised at all this weekend. I did make it to the farmers market and spent lots of money on fruits and vegetables. Now I have no excuse not to eat my veggies. I have not been to the farmers market in so long I forgot how cheap and great looking the produce is. I hope everyone is having a great weekend! :happy:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey all!
    Kelly- I started at 230 sorry its late, but I was looking at the chart and figured out that I never put my starting weight in:) LOL
    Jacque_:bigsmile: love healthy cooking:)
    ammcnett- Farmer markets are so much FUN! I am glad that I went to ours a few times this year, but am bummed that it closed for the season.
    Barb- COngrats ON Passing! A pass is super :bigsmile: you did things that I couldn't do that is for SURE!LOL
    Took the kids out on a farm tour all over the island yesterday, ate a halibit wrap it was healthy and wonderful! with mussle gumbo:noway: :heart:
    walked walked walked.....A LOT of walking in! picked the biggest pumpkins in the world! mine was atleadt 50 pounds! I think, Im gonna weight it right now......:bigsmile: Ok I was off...it is 32pounds!!?!? WOW still huge! I had to carry that through a freaking field (because I wanted to get teh best one and went to the end of the freaking field LOL )
    so good day yesterday
    Cleaning a lot today doing the weeks laundry, making a baked chicken breast with 1 tsp pesto and choppend garlic, rice and a baked butternut squash :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :heart: yum O!
    Ill check in tomorrow!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Thanks all.

Angie I didn't do well w/veggies either this week. No excuse -- didn't go to the grocery store... just used what I had in the house.

Now, hubby's away this week & the kids are w/my ex. I'm out of the foods I eat .... so I must go to the grocery store Monday after work.

Yes, I have a quiet week w/o anyone else in the house. If there wasn't two dogs......

Miss V - yup, I would have done the same thing -- walked over the entire field and grabbed the "best" one. The lugged the thing back to the car.

barb
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    w2-1.jpg

That's a nice looking chart ... thanks for doing that ... it also made me realize that I didn't report this week's weight ... it was 176 lbs ... sorry for the delay. :blushing:
  • jacque509
    Options
    Good Monday !!! to all :wink:
    Ok got a good head start this weekend, hope to keep the momentom going. Brought my lunch and trying to focus on school this week. Packed ny gym bag so there is no reason to go home first. Straight from work to the gym yay me!!:laugh:
    Oh so remember the days when we went pumpkin shopping. So wish the kids still like doing that. Maybe I will go just for myself. Hope everyone has a great day
  • kelly_a
    Options
    exercise1-1.jpg

good monday morning peppers! hope you are all off to a great start to the week! this is a tally from the week ending last Friday Oct. 2. please keep track of your minutes/hours exercised...and let me know this Friday @ the weigh in. we have a long ways to go.....we will be at the 1/2 way point this Friday, and should be near 100 hours!! let's do it team! :drinker: