Smokin' Hot Green Pepper's ~ Week 3

Options

Replies

• kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    afternoon peeps!

jacque ~ you are doing so great...i am so excited to get on each time and see all that you are doing! this will get you to where you want to be, keep it up! ** believe in you ** it can be done sweets! :heart:

sally ~ so sorry to hear about you job loss. what a very stressful and frustrating time for you...seems like i hear of someone every wk that is affected. hang in there.....try to stay positive, and focus on *you*, keeping healthy. visit us here, we'll do all we can to pull you along...:heart: take care:heart:

Miss V ~ way to go darlin'...you are having a great day! proud of ya!:flowerforyou:

well, i did 3miles with Leslie and that was ok, even with my 3 lb wts, and it's been a while since i have walked.....then i stretched with Denise...oh my :noway: ....about 10 min into it my muscles were :noway: :noway: s-c-r-e-a-m-i-n :noway: :noway: , but i just kept a goin. this usually happens when i start this video. my entire body will ache the next 3 days and be good by Friday ( least that is my past exerperience) i just need to figure out a plan and stick with it. maybe once i get feeling stronger with it, i will back off to twice a day. the stretchin just feels so good!! i have never done any other exercise that has been able to stretch my entire body. this is my all time fav video, and the results are immediate. so, here's to pain with gain, in being toned that is. :wink:

fruits ~ banana and peach
    veg ~ broccoli and green beans
    water ~ 48oz so far
    exercise ~ 45min/3 mile walk and 27min stretch (458 cals)
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    finished dinner made: veggie sloppy joes with leftover butternut squash and brussel sprouts.
    It was good!
    Did good today, totally under on all my food, and under on my H2o but i am still drinking it for today!:)
    See you all in the morning!:)
    ~V:bigsmile:
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    ok worked out for 38 mins, was trying for an hour but the cell phone never stop!!:explode: 6 people with 2 being my lovly kids calling back and forth. Def got water, vegtable and fruit in. have 52 cal to spare and all I want is something tasty, not hungry so I am gonna try to drink some water and move on.
    V- how did u make the sloppy joes, this is my all time fav food, if I was on biggest loser sloppy joes and tacos will be in my cabinet!! so recipe pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • jacque509
    Options
    Ok so its Tuesday, feeling a little worn out. Very frustrated at work. I am doing the work of many. A year ago we left one insitution for another. We left right before we were to get our increase and came over to a new place at our same salary but insurance was higher, now I have to pay for parking. So that made the money less. Now this year has come and because of the ecomony there will be no yearly increase so another year without an increase. Since then I got certified in research, lost the second job I needed so bad and now the cost of living is higher. So I am now robbing Peter to pay Paul. I come in this morning and there is an email for me to assist in clinic because the dumb !@$$ manger let 2 nurses be off at the same time leaving 1 nurse to run clinc who has already quit and just workin til the new nurse comes in, haha which will be never,because wait a minute Jacque a nurse, we can make her help AGH!!!! God I really wonder what the purpose of all this. AGH!!!:mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble:
    Ok maybe I can chill now and get through the day. Thannks guys for letting me vent
  • evgal
    evgal Posts: 22
    Options
    morning peppers,
    kelly, the charts are super, i've never done a video excersise tape, maybe i'll try one! not sure i'll have as great a week with the excersise. sore back from all the raking!!! lol
    i made a veggie medely, zuccinni,yellow squash, red&yellow peppers, onions, tomatoes, have had it as a side dish & a veggie sandwich. added some roaster chicken breast once. yum!

sally,sorry to hear about your job loss, my son lost his last wk, know the anxiety, glad to hear yor felling a little better.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    kitn, don't have an ex but plenty of my friends do, my heat goes out to you & your daughter,sounds like you have a good attitude, forget him!!!!!
    v, your always so up beat,
    jacque, i don't eat sloopy joes but try the veggie sandwich maybe add taco flavoring ,lite bun very low cal.
    karen
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    :frown: Seriously must be something in the air that's causing job frustration ... I am filling in right now in a position that I didn't ask for until they hire the new person to fill it. Meanwhile ... I had to train a temp to do my position. I'm thinking it would have been better to train the temp to fill in the other job so we only had to train them rather then them and me but hey ... who am I? Anyway ... needless to say ... I want my old job and old routine back badly. I've gained 3 lbs. since the change and I'm sure it's because I'm less active ... my real job has me walking most of the day ... this one ... not so much. I don't know what's in the air but I hope the stars re-align soon so that all us Pepper's get rid of our work frustrations and stress.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Good morning all you Smokin' Peppers!!

Sally, I hate to hear that you are out of work. I hope you find something soon.

Jacque, I've made Cooking Light's recipe for sloppy joes. My very picky husband even liked them. Here's the link. http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=577147

Kelly, the charts are awesome!! Thanks a bunch.

Yesterday went really well. I had 3 servings of fruit (yay!!) and 4 servings of veggies! Last night I spent 30 minutes at the gym doing what I'm calling Week 0 of C25K. I’m still not up to finishing Week 1, so I created my own starting point. I may even create Week 0.5 if I think I need another step before starting Week 1. I also walked a mile during lunch for another 15 minutes. That puts me at 190 minutes of exercise this week so far. Go me!! I’ve gotten this week’s 3 hours done and 10 minutes towards what I didn’t do last week. I’m hoping to get in at least another hour before Friday rolls around.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    wishin all the peppers a happy and healthy Tuesday!!

love readin bout all the veggie dishes you are havin' YUM :tongue: i used to always buy sweet potatoes in the can, drain, add some butter, brown sugar and top with mini marshmellows and pop in the micro....well, i have been buying real sweet potatoes, and dh loves them, plain! so, we have stopped buying white potatoes and canned sweets, and now we eat the real sweet ones! much better trade off.

takin inlaws to airport today, then goin to my nieces volleyball game after my pm route, then home for Biggest Loser. gonna walk with Leslie and stretch with Denise when i get off here.

hate hearin bout all the job issues here, esp when there isn't much we can do about it. i am feelin for ya all goin thru this.....take one day at a time and try to get some exercise in for stress relief....don't eat your stress, that would be negative. hang in there pepper's, it is bound to get better sometime soon. prayers of strength and continued positive behavior for all of you :heart: don't forget we are here for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hey Crystal!! :bigsmile: go YOU!! great job on the workouts! i have not started back to C25K either. need to get my walkin going good for a while. keep on keepin, you're doing great! am sure you'll have a loss come Fri! :flowerforyou:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    hey Crystal!! :bigsmile: go YOU!! great job on the workouts! i have not started back to C25K either. need to get my walkin going good for a while. keep on keepin, you're doing great! am sure you'll have a loss come Fri! :flowerforyou:

Thanks!! I sure hope I have a loss. I might cry otherwise. :sad: I'm working hard this week.
  • jacque509
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe Crystal! looks good:flowerforyou:
  • artichoke
    Options
    great job last week everyone! i started back to work and FINALLY have my scale unpacked. i'm back to my regular routine and excited for friday's weigh in. the carnage from the past two weeks was not as horrid as i had anticipated when i weighed myself this morning....still up a few pounds though, but not awful. yay for that!
  • jacque509
    Options
    wow slow tonight, anyway went over calorie tonight not to happy but i did record them, when I think I went over I usally dont so I think its progress to accepting or owning up to my issues. Didn't make it to the gym but took a walk did my mile in 24 min. very happy it been taking me 30 so I know I am getting stronger. So now it time to keep on moving on. Well hope the rest of you had a good night.
    See ya tomorrow:smile:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hey all you smokin' hot green peppers!! happy wednesday!! well, i had to dvr biggest loser lastnite, so will have to watch it sometime. i really need to do some serious yard work today....gonna be nasty the next few days or so. no leaves down yet, but i can put away all my yard junk ( decor:laugh: ), and put my chair cushions up for winter. will probably mow too. gonna wear my hrm and see how many cals i burn doing trim with push mower. i was under a glass in water yesterday, but the rest was good. 77 workout minutes and 457 cals burned. might have been under cals too...i am real good bout logging brkfst, lunch, snacks but dinner needs to improve. and some things i just can't find here, so need to do a little better and plan ahead.

artichoke ~ glad to have you back and ready to go at with us!! sounds like you are motivated and determined! :flowerforyou:

jacque ~ don't worry bout yesterday, today is new, just get back on track. you are doing so good and i know you can do this! good job on your mile time....take it easy and a pace that is right for you. i am so proud of all that you are doing!! :flowerforyou:

** anyone ** ideas for our new challenge starting this Fri? post it here!

2 more days til weigh in peppers! keep up with the challenges and realize the importance of your health, every day. you are worth it....by taking care of you, you are taking care of 'your' world :bigsmile:
    make it count! :heart:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Good morning Pepper's.
    Sorry for not posting yesterday it has been very busy around here. I am doing well on all challenges. and feel much better being off the meds. I did not get to exercise yesterday, but stayed within my calories so should be ok. I will get a walk in today if the sun comes out (darn rain:grumble:)

Hope everyone is doing ok. The big boss is here since my manager left and they are not replacing her. So that is why it is so busy.

I will check in later.

Have a great day. :bigsmile:
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    Good morning SHGP! I have been doing good with the water, fruit, and veggies since Monday. The week end however was not as good as I should have been with water and veggies. I have enjoyed fresh green beans and corn on the cob on Monday. Cucumbers, fresh leaf lettuce, tomatoes on Tuesday. I am eating as fast as I can my produce from the farmer's market. My food is going back quicker than I expected. I plan on having a huge garden salad with fresh leaf lettuce, peppers, broccoli, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots and corn on the cob for lunch. I have got 315 minutes of exercise in since Monday. I am half way to my goal of 630 minuted for the week. I plan on going back to the gym to swim for an hour and I want to get on my wii fit today also. I don't think I will count that as exercise minutes but will note what I did under the exercise notes. I hope everyone is having a great day.:smile:
  • jacque509
    Options
    Good morning all!! N new day to do better. Hey looking for a good califlower mash potatoes recipe?
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hey all
    Jacque- I did have one for cauliflower and kale mashed it was way good. I will look for it:) \
    Doing good, here trying to keep motivated, eating little, but what I am eating is healthy mostly:laugh:
    it is:)
    Not really talkative right now, just talked the the hubby, he is loosing weight there because the food is aweful:laugh: Some people try and some people eat aweful food:) LOL
    anyhow I will look for that recepie and come back on!
  • jacque509
    Options
    Hey V I also wanted your sloppy joe recipe that you made the other night
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options
    oh:):laugh:
    OK I used 1 cup of morning star scrambles (veggie stuff like ground beef) I hafl small onion, i tsp crushed garlic, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chili powder and 1 can crushed tomatoes with jalapanoes:bigsmile:
    I didnt have and tomatoe paste, so I put in some thick pizza sauce... I would normaly use bell peppers too... you gotta taste it the whole way through though:bigsmile:
    OK the mashed cauliflower:) one

IT SAYS POTATOES, I just used cauliflower instead... there is another good recepie, but I gotta look for it:) :bigsmile:

Kale and Olive Oil Mashed Potato RecipeFor this recipe, be sure to wash the kale well (or spinach, or chard) - dirt and grit hides in the leaves. I don't like floppy leafiness in my potatoes, so I chop the kale quite finely. If you stir the kale in too much it can lend a slight green cast to your potatoes, so i just barely stir it in right before serving. Also, on the potato front - feel free to use unpeeled potatoes if you like something a bit more rustic (and nutritious). I picked up some yellow-fleshed German Butterball potatoes at the market last week and they added the visual illusion that the mashed potatoes were packed with butter. Didn't miss the real thing a bit.
    3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
    sea salt
    4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 bunch kale, large stems stripped and discarded, leaves chopped
    1/2+ cup warm milk or cream
    freshly ground black pepper
    5 scallions, white and tender green parts, chopped
    1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish (opt)
    fried shallots, for garnish (optional)
    Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt. Bring the water to a boil and continue boiling for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
    Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, chopped kale, a big pinch of salt, and saute just until tender - about a minute. Set aside.
    Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or fork. Slowly stir in the milk a few big splashes at a time. You are after a thick, creamy texture, so if your potatoes are on the dry side keep adding milk until the texture is right. Season with salt and pepper.
    Dump the kale on top of the potatoes and give a quick stir. Transfer to a serving bowl, make a well in the center of the potatoes and pour the remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with the scallions, Parmesan cheese, and shallots