Why 3 meals a day doesn't work...

Options

Replies

• SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I DON'T WANT TO GO INTO STARVATION MODE!!!!! THEN MY FAT DOESNT TURN INTO MUSCLE AND MY STARVING BODY CONSUMES ALL OF MY MUSCLE MAKING ME FAT AGAIN!
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You sure about that? Try telling that to the thousands of inmates that build phenomenal prison bodies eating only three times a day. I myself typically eat 3 times a day, doesn't seem to be hindering my progress.

I agree brother!

When you are bulking up and you are eating massive numbers of calories it is favorable to split your meals into 6 to not feel extremely full all the time for example. Doesn't really make a difference to be honest with you. Doesn't mean it is impossible to achieve your goals with 3 meals. Our metabolism doesn't just simply slow down for no reason because we burned all the food we ate, that is a false myth. The most common reason why metabolism slows down is usually when we force our body to go into some type of starvation phase as it is our body's natural reaction to combat using muscle as fuel.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Guy's, it's clearly satire. Right?

RIGHT?!?!

DON'T MESS WITH ME ON THIS! I NEED TO KNOW THIS WAS A JOKE.

QUICK EAT THE PIZZA SO YOU DON'T GO INTO STAVATION MODE

Is stavation mode like starvation mode, but in Boston?
  • ZeroWoIf
    Options
    Threads like this need an MFP stamp of approval.

I don't even know who the *kitten* you are.. why should I listen to you?

Someone has a potty mouth lmao.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Guy's, it's clearly satire. Right?

RIGHT?!?!

DON'T MESS WITH ME ON THIS! I NEED TO KNOW THIS WAS A JOKE.

QUICK EAT THE PIZZA SO YOU DON'T GO INTO STAVATION MODE

Is stavation mode like starvation mode, but in Boston?

Do you have the hopper from Dish Network?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq_hOx8E2uo
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I DON'T WANT TO GO INTO STARVATION MODE!!!!! THEN MY FAT DOESNT TURN INTO MUSCLE AND MY STARVING BODY CONSUMES ALL OF MY MUSCLE MAKING ME FAT AGAIN!

TO THE KETOSISMOBILE
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

-Laugh more often (laughing has been proved to aid in raising metabolism and overall bodily health)

does typing "LOL" count?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Wow,
    I have to say I didn't expect this. Just so we're clear I am not the one who wrote this, I got it from here

http://www.highimpacttraining.org/HighImpactTraining.org/Eating_often.html

i and I've seen it in numerous other places, magazines, books, etc. from people who know way more about this stuff than I do. If anyone cared to show me why I was wrong I would have appreciated that, but instead you all just hurled insults at me. I was just trying to post something that was helpful to me, and I thought might be helpful to others. But thank you, thanks you for all of this.

Appeal to belief/authority
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    You took a long time to type up one of the dumbest statements EVER
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Wow,
    I have to say I didn't expect this. Just so we're clear I am not the one who wrote this, I got it from here

and I've seen it in numerous other places, magazines, books, etc. from people who know way more about this stuff than I do. If anyone cared to show me why I was wrong I would have appreciated that, but instead you all just hurled insults at me. I was just trying to post something that was helpful to me, and I thought might be helpful to others. But thank you, thanks you for all of this.

Most everyone is just having fun and not intended to be a direct stab at you. However, as most have said, our bodies don't know what time it is. It takes a lot longer than a few hours for metabolism to slow from lack of food. That is more like 72 hours or so. As long as you end the day at a caloric deficit, then how you got there is not going to matter.
  • luvhandles74
    luvhandles74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow,

and I've seen it in numerous other places, magazines, books, etc. from people who know way more about this stuff than I do. If anyone cared to show me why I was wrong I would have appreciated that, but instead you all just hurled insults at me. I was just trying to post something that was helpful to me, and I thought might be helpful to others. But thank you, thanks you for all of this.

Aww.. Don't take it so personally! A LOT of people post a LOT of stuff on these boards and then preach it with no flexibility, problem is that it's not quite right. Had you posted and stated that you were copying it from somewhere else, and just trying to "help" the response probably would have been much different.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Wow,

The thing is, you didn't post it as something you read, you posted it as your own words, as if we should just take you as some kind of authority. Now that you see he backlash you're trying to put it off on someone else.
  • cunfewzed1
    cunfewzed1 Posts: 80
    Options
    False.

Meal frequency does not increase or decrease metabolism.
  • ZeroWoIf
    Options
    You guys were pretty harsh on the guy. Not really the best way to embrace people in this community.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    But thank you, thanks you for all of this.
    No need to thank us. But hey, you're welcome anyway.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    OP, how come one of your arms is way more muscular than the other? Also your photo background is warped. Gotta watch those straight lines when photoshopping.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha....
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You guys were pretty harsh on the guy. Not really the best way to embrace people in this community.
    Yeah, I'm not here to embrace anyone.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

Hahahahahahahah... huh?
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I've always heard you're not supposed to go more than 6 waking hours without eating something...True or False?

This is a serious question.... i'm new to this dieting thing and trying to figure out the best way for me. I've been led to believe I should eat 4 to 5 small meals per day 3 to 4 hours apart?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You took a long time to type up one of the dumbest statements EVER

No he took a long time to copy and paste one of the dumbest statements ever and then claim it as his own.

To OP:
    Look at my pictures.. See them? Eating 3 meals a day is what got me the body I have.. not 6-7

I'm a teachers aid.. I eat breakfast, I eat lunch, I workout, I eat dinner.. Any questions?