Why 3 meals a day doesn't work...

Options

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You guys were pretty harsh on the guy. Not really the best way to embrace people in this community.

Obesogens don't play around. The internet is serious bizness.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Wow,
    I have to say I didn't expect this. Just so we're clear I am not the one who wrote this, I got it from here

http://www.highimpacttraining.org/HighImpactTraining.org/Eating_often.html

and I've seen it in numerous other places, magazines, books, etc. from people who know way more about this stuff than I do. If anyone cared to show me why I was wrong I would have appreciated that, but instead you all just hurled insults at me. I was just trying to post something that was helpful to me, and I thought might be helpful to others. But thank you, thanks you for all of this.

I posted a nice explanation as to why you are wrong. It's on page one.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    False.

Meal frequency does not increase or decrease metabolism.

Agreed! Personal choice. For me though I need AT LEAST 4-6 meals a day. And a year ago I would always tell everyone to do the same because why, it worked for me but not everyone! I am small so I run out of energy faster then others and my stomach is smaller so I don't eat as much. I have also eaten like this most of my life too. I have tried switching it up to see what happens and I get too hungry then binge because I am starving! However if I eat a big breakfast I binge throughout the day too so a good granola bar in the morning works for me. Its TOTALLY how you and your body work and a preference. Nothing more. But its good you found out what works for you!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I've always heard you're not supposed to go more than 6 waking hours without eating something...True or False?

This is a serious question.... i'm new to this dieting thing and trying to figure out the best way for me. I've been led to believe I should eat 4 to 5 small meals per day 3 to 4 hours apart?
    There's nothing wrong with eating several small meals, and many people prefer it. If it fits your schedule and makes you feel good, go for it. But there's no particular advantage to it either. You should do what works for your schedule and preferences.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    OP, how come one of your arms is way more muscular than the other? Also your photo background is warped. Gotta watch those straight lines when photoshopping.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha....

I had to go look :noway: lol
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I've always heard you're not supposed to go more than 6 waking hours without eating something...True or False?

This is a serious question.... i'm new to this dieting thing and trying to figure out the best way for me. I've been led to believe I should eat 4 to 5 small meals per day 3 to 4 hours apart?

This idea will always be around. You will have no advantage with 6 meals as you would with 3. Being at a caloric deficit at the end of the day is all that matters.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I DON'T WANT TO GO INTO STARVATION MODE!!!!! THEN MY FAT DOESNT TURN INTO MUSCLE AND MY STARVING BODY CONSUMES ALL OF MY MUSCLE MAKING ME FAT AGAIN!

TO THE KETOSISMOBILE

OMG this is the best thing I've ever read here.....Ketosismobile......:laugh: You're awesome. I love all of your posts. Lets be friends!!!! :drinker: :heart:
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    OP, how come one of your arms is way more muscular than the other? Also your photo background is warped. Gotta watch those straight lines when photoshopping.

Maybe he used a penis pump to make his triceps bigger?
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

There's nothing wrong with eating several small meals, and many people prefer it. If it fits your schedule and makes you feel good, go for it. But there's no particular advantage to it either. You should do what works for your schedule and preferences.

My schedule actually only really allows the 3 meals a day (I work full time and my job doesn't really allow more than one break) but I have tried to snack on SOMETHING at my desk to cut down the time in between meals... i've hit a plateau just trying to figure things out! Thank you :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

I guess squishing his bicep against his body didn't make it look awesome enough
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    You guys were pretty harsh on the guy. Not really the best way to embrace people in this community.

tumblr_lohuilWqm11qcbk22.jpg
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options

I had to go look :noway: lol

Nah, no photoshop, he just beats it a lot. :laugh:
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

This idea will always be around. You will have no advantage with 6 meals as you would with 3. Being at a caloric deficit at the end of the day is all that matters.

Thanks!!! :)
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

Maybe he used a penis pump to make his triceps bigger?

O_o I just died a little.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options

When bulking up and trying to keep your calorie intake a specific calorie range it may make it tough for some people to eat huge meals. Splitting meals is a perfect way to remedy that. Instead of eating 3 1100-1500 meals then why not eat 6 600-700 meals?
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Nice broscience
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

When bulking up and trying to keep your calorie intake a specific calorie range it may make it tough for some people to eat huge meals. Splitting meals is a perfect way to remedy that. Instead of eating 3 1100-1500 meals then why not eat 6 600-700 meals?

DEFINITELY not trying to bulk up- I have about 90 lbs to lose still! :( I want to be smaller and TONE...not bulky.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

Damn, I don't think I could do either!
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options

Just do what works best for you and your schedule. I eat 3 meals a day and a small snack between lunch and dinner because I found that's what works best for me. As long as you hit your macros and stay around your calorie goal, you're golden.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I only eat one meal a day, but it starts about an hour after I wake up and ends about an houre before bed... unless there is some extra bacon left, then it ends after I am already in bed... nom nom nom... bacon crumbs..