Crock pot.. whats yours?

Options

Replies

• Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Frank's Red Hot Chicken- Chicken Breast (i use frozen), packet of hidden valley ranch dressing mix, Bottle of Franks Red Hot Sauce....Cook all day, shred chicken, make sandwiches.

Chicken, 1 cup corn, 1 can black beans, I cup Salsa, 1 cup chicken broth, 2 tablespoons taco seasioning....eat over brown rice

Chicken Breasts, Ketchup, Diet coke...makes a barbeque flavor

Pork Chops, Hidden valley Ranch packet, Cream of anything soup....this is too salt for my tastse, but thats bc i don't use cream of anything soup anymore, but some people like the salt!!

Chicken Breasts, Cut up potatoes, Carrots, bottle of fat free italian dressing
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Okie dokie...I've got the nutritional information for the pulled pork recipe:

Swift Premium - Petite Pork Roast, 32 oz
    Vidalia - Onion , 0.5 Medium Onion (148 grams)
    Always Fresh - Minced Garlic, 6 Teaspoon (5 g)
    Sauce - Sweet Baby Ray's Bbq Sauce, 0.25 container (62 tbsp ea.)

Per Serving: 217calories 18fat 22protein 567sodium

Makes 8 servings
  • Brandyr73
    Brandyr73 Posts: 9
    Options
    I love the crock pot. I have 4 kids and work full-time. Even when everyone is going to be somewhere, I will throw a yam in there and that is my dinner. I have done dozens of creative things with boneless skinless chicken breast for my family. Chicken tacos are the BEST! They even like them better than beef. Just toss in the chicken. When you get home, toss it in a pot, add the taco seasonings and water, and TADA! It shreds so easily.
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love adding just plain Chicken and Salsa to it. I do this usually on a Sunday afternoon. And this is my lunch during the week at work with Brown Rice, and veggies sometimes!
  • JCo702
    JCo702 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think chicken is so easy and satisfying in the crockpot...and there are so many ways to make it not boring!

Shredded buffalo chicken:
    Chicken breasts and Franks Red Hot (no added calories here!) - eat this plain or throw it on a sandwich for lunch and it's delicious. I usually put it in a sandwich thin (100cal) with goat cheese and spinach ~240 calorie very filling meal

Pineapple chicken:
    Chicken breasts, 1 can diced pineapples drained, 1/4 cup light soy sauce and about a tablespoon of crushed peppers :) Was a little salty so I would recommend a little less soy sauce and maybe keep some of the pineapple juice. I ate it wil broccoli and it was very filling as well ~290 calories

Greek Chicken: (haven't tried yet but can't wait)
    1 Small Whole Chicken (3-5 lbs.), skin removed
    1 Red Onion, diced
    2 Cups Vegetable Broth
    1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
    1 cup Quinoa
    Juice of 1 Lemon
    1 Tbs. Oregano
    1 Tbs. Basil
    Place all ingredients except chicken in crock pot and stir well. Add in chicken (you can keep it whole or break it into breast, thigh, leg wing etc. This recipe also works with frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts). Cook on low for 6+ hours. Use a thermometer to make sure the internal tempature of the chicken has reached 165 degrees (F).
    Serve chicken on top of quinoa dressing. Top with sliced black or kalmata olives and cucumber slices.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Yesterday morning I threw a 1 lb Pork roast in the crock pot with a 1/2 packet of Taco seasoning and filled it about 1/2 way with water. When I came home from work (the smell was devine), I pulled out the pork, shredded it on a plate and drained the water. I threw the shredded pork back in there covered it with Salsa and then made Pork Tacos. They were devine! I had some left overs for lunch today!
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    4 - 6 Chicken breast (4 if they are larger)
    1 cup Hot Sauce
    1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch mix

Put the chicken in, sprinkle with the Hidden Valley and top off with hot sauce. 6 hours on high then shred with a fork. This is amazing. My hubby and daughter love it. We use it for sandwiches.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I use our crock pot for a lot of stuff.

Basic turkey breast-just throw it in with chicken broth and your fav spices. Cook until it's done. Have it traditional the first night. Second night I like to make turkey fried rice. Then sammies. You get the idea.

Spaghetti sauce-I like slow cooked sketti sauce-no idea why except I tend to burn everything otherwise. There are recipes for lasagna in the crock pot too, though I haven't tried them.

Vegetarian chili- 1 can black beans, 1 can white beans, 2 cans diced tomoatoes + sauce, chopped bell peppers (2), jalepenos and banana peppers to taste, cumin, chili powder too. Cook until yummy. (about 4 hours)

Italian chicken- throw in chicken breasts or pieces-your choice. One bottle of italian dressing and then add water to reach the level you need. Cook until done. Very yum.
  • kmurphy0506
    kmurphy0506 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So excited for a crock pot thread.

I've been loving overnight oatmeal in the crock pot. You wake up in the morning w/ the house smelling amazing and breakfast is already done:

Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal

1 cup steel cut or regular oats (NOT Quick Oats)
    4 cups water
    1/2 cup milk (I use skim or unsweetened almond milk)
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1 TBS butter (optional)
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tsp cinnamon

Combine all in crockpot and cook on low for 8hrs. When I wake up, I hit it with a scoop of vanilla whey protein for some extra boost! You can top it with whatever you'd like! My favorite is sugar free syrup and blueberries.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    NC BBQ in the crockpot

Throw in a pork tenderloin or even turkey chops

Pour a bottle of vinegar in with about a 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup of ketchup and a lot of crushed red pepper (to taste)

Cook on low all day

Serve it on a whole wheat bun with either cole slaw or if you want to do it yankee-style, serve it with sauerkraut on top
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Oh man I have to try the buffalo chicken recipe...thanks!!!!
  • MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love the chicken and salsa idea! I i use skinnytaste.com. They have a whole crockpot section that I use frequently :)
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    My kids and daycare kids love chicken with BBQ sauce. Simple and it takes apx 4-5 hrs on high. We shred the leftovers with the food processor and make chicken sandwiches for the next day.
  • Anappy
    Anappy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Greek Style Chicken

Chicken breasts
    can of diced tomato
    artichokes hearts
    olive
    capers

Delicious with either feta or goat cheese crumbles on top, over rice or couscous :love:
  • jicarter01
    jicarter01 Posts: 53
    Options
    2-3 lbs deer backstrap
    2 tsp season salt
    1 tsp black pepper
    Cook in water on HIGH for 120 min
    Then Add:
    1 entire bottle (16 oz) A1 Garlic & Herb Marinade
    1 Cup chopped bell pepper
    2 chopped jalapeno peppers
    1 can mushrooms
    1 whole sliced vidalia onion
    Cook on LOW for 4 hrs
    Total Cook Time: 6 hrs
    Serve over white rice
  • ValMae
    ValMae Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Split Pea Soup with Ham...this is one of my favorites and SO easy. This is great without the ham too but I will hear about it from the fiance if I make a meal without meat. DELICIOUS!

Layer in the crockpot:

16oz package of dried green split peas
    3-4 chopped carrots (I usually add more for our tastes)
    1/2 cup chopped onions
    1-2 cloves minced garlic
    handful of fresh chopped parsley
    chopped ham to your liking
    salt
    pepper
    cover with 1.5 quarts water

Leave covered, do not stir, and cook on high heat for 6 hrs or low heat for 8-10 hrs. Enjoy!
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    pork roast, beef roast, and my fav. chicken with peppers and onions and some montery jack cheese! yummy!
    my crock pot came with a little recipe book and we have tried a few things in there that are really yummy.
    oh, and also a pork shoulder with some bbq sauce and seasonings inb the crockpot all day makes for some good pulled pork (we use salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, and cumin - 2 tsp each)
  • Molissa08
    Molissa08 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken. Great in tacos!!!

from All Recipes "Chicken breasts slow-cooked in Mexican-inspired salsa and seasonings are great to shred and serve on tacos with your favorite toppings."

Ingredients:
    1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
    1 (1.25 ounce) package dry taco
    seasoning mix
    1 lime, juiced 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken
    breast halves

Directions:
    1. Place the salsa, taco seasoning, lime juice, and cilantro into a slow cooker, and stir to combine. Add the chicken breasts, and stir to coat with the salsa mixture. Cover the cooker, set to High, and cook until the chicken is very tender, about 4 hours. If desired, set cooker to Low and cook 6 to 8 hours. Shred chicken with 2 forks to serve.

Nutrition
    Information
    Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Calories: 272 Amount Per Serving
    Total Fat: 4.7g
    Cholesterol: 117mg
    Sodium: 976mg
    Amount Per Serving
    Total Carbs: 9.3g
    Dietary Fiber: 1.3g
    Protein: 45.3g