Crock pot.. whats yours?

Options

Replies

• sweetdee88
    Options
    bump!
  • KalebsMomma29
    Options
    pot roast is an easy and yummy crock pot meal. You can make almost any recipe in those things i love my crock pot! you can even make chicken alfredo you just add raw chicken, uncooked noodles and sauce and put the lid on.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • gooiyw
    gooiyw Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Back when I didn't have an oven, the crockpot was my "oven". So, prepared all sorts of stews and even tried a tajine dish once. Everything that requires a pot in an oven for slow cooking, a crockpot can do just as well, I think.

Chicken/ lamb tajine:

1 tsp of coriander powder
    1 tsp of cumin
    1 tsp of cinnamon
    A small bunch of chopped up cilantro
    A couple of cloves of garlic
    A small chopped onion
    Chicken/ Lamb pieces (chopped to bite size)
    1 cup water
    Chopped root vegetables of your choice (carrots/ potatoes etc)
    Salt and pepper (a dash or so each... adjustable at the end anyway)
    1 Tsp honey
    1 pinch of saffron

3 hours on high, 4-5 on low.
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amyLhuff
    amyLhuff Posts: 102
    Options
    Taco soup 1 pack ground turkey, 1can corn 1can kidney beans 1can black beans 1 onion 1green pepper 1sm can tomato sauce 1can diced tomatoes 1taco seasoning pack. Brown onion and turkey before you put in crock pot add all other ing. Cook on low for 3 hours. Serve with fritos and cheddar cheese.

Stuffed bell peppers 1pack ground turkey I make my filling with onion , garlic salt, garlic powder ,cilantro, Italian bread crumbs, pepper then stuff the peppers put in slow cooker cover with pasta sauce and cook on low for 4 hours. Then I take then out sprinkle some cheese on top and put into broil.

I do almost all my dinners in the crockpot love love it
  • lbencomo
    lbencomo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bbq sirloin beef ribs. 1 package boneless beef ribs, 2 jars bbq sauce low for 12 hous. Leftovers can be bbq shredded beef sandwiches.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Yum! Bump~
  • sunflowertimes
    sunflowertimes Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Honey Chicken

3/4 pound chicken (of your choice)
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. black pepper
    1/2 cup honey
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1/8 cup chopped onion (or 1/16 cup onion flakes)
    1/8 cup ketchup
    1 Tbs. vegetable oil
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes

Cook on low for 3 hours or high for 1/5 hours. Serve over rice, pasta, or whatever you like. The flavor is amazing!
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Love the crock pot!!! 2 of my fav's are...

shredded beef (Ropa veija for the Latin's in the crowd)

Flank steak
    sliced onion
    sliced green or red pepper
    salt/ pepper
    garlic powder
    cumin
    oregano
    tomato sauce

Cook for 6 hrs on high then take 2 forks and pull the meat apart. Delish with rice or on a salad!

BBQ shredded chicken

Chicken breast
    salt
    bbq sauce

4 hrs on high then pull apart with 2 forks!
  • chonji4ever
    chonji4ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Pork Roast (go for the loin cut if you want lower fat)
    1 tsp granulated garlic
    1 tsp granulated onion
    1/2 tsp salt
    5 jalapenos whole or cut

Add enough water to mostly cover the meat. (put a pretty large roast in mine, so there's more meat in the pot than water) Cook on the lowest setting for 12 hours. Turn off, and let the whole pot cool off naturally. (mine takes a while, since its a large pot) Pull the meat out, and it should mostly fall apart easily. I cut the meat with electric knife across the grain to make 1-2 inch long shreds.

I use the meat by itself or for crunchy tacos and enchiladas. You can replace beef in any recipe that you would usually use shredded beef, and it has lots healthy flavor. I freeze what I don't use in small containers with some cooking stock for easy use later.
  • mwgner
    mwgner Posts: 115
    Options
    I cannot wait to try some of these recipes. Thanks for sharing!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Random question....

Is it safe to leave your crock pot cooking while you are at work/school then? I have always been to scared to leave it on
  • Aphrodite7782
    Options
    Bump
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Random question....

Is it safe to leave your crock pot cooking while you are at work/school then? I have always been to scared to leave it on

Yep, it sure is - if you're worried about it, put it on top of your stove - heatproof, vented..... and gives peace of mind to those of us who run around making sure things that can set a fire are all unplugged before we leave the house :tongue:

My hubby's recipe for BEST roast EVER:

Largest roast (beef or pork) you can fit in the crockpot, stick it in the bottom, pour 1/2 cup of water over it, season with pepper to taste (be generous* and dump a packet of lipton onion soup mix (just the powder, don't make the stuff :wink: ) over the top, turn it on to low 8 - 10 hours. I tell ya, it's the BEST roast ever, and even if you use a cheap cut (pork shoulder, pork butt, etc) it turns out marvellously tender and juicy.

We also love spaghetti sauce in the crockpot:
    2 pkgs jimmy dean pork sausage, and 1 pkg jimmy dean HOT pork sausage, browned and drained
    Canned diced tomatoes (or fresh if you have them, romas work well) (we use 2 large cans)
    tomato paste (1 large can)
    Chopped onions (we use two large - we like onions)
    Chopped bell peppers (we use 2)
    Can also add other veggies - chopped zucchini, yellow crookneck squash, finely chopped carrots all go well in here!)
    Fill crock pot with canned/jarred cheap spaghetti sauce (ragu, hunts, etc)
    Cook on low for 8 hours - it freezes wonderfully, we make it in our 7-8 quart crock pot, but have pared the recipe down for our 4 quart at times too...... depends on how much ya like spaghetti sauce :D
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Baked potatoes.

Take however many potatoes you need and will fit in your crockpot. Pierce each with a fork, wrap it in foil, pile them all into the crockpot, and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Check for doneness after 8 hours by poking with a fork. I like to eat the skins on mine, so before I wrap them in foil, I smear each with a little vegetable oil and season them with salt and pepper. It's not necessary, but they're very good that way. :-)
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Here's another quick one.

1 pork loin
    1 can chilies in adobo sauce (chop before adding)
    1 can salsa verde
    1 bag frozen diced onions
    I can water (I add a little water to each can, swirl it around, and empty into crockpot)

Cook on low 6-8 hours until falling apart. Shread with fork. I then portion it out and put it in the freezer. When you want to use it defrost in the fridge then heat in a skillet.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Super duper bump lol love crock pot ideas :)
  • rtwinrn06
    rtwinrn06 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump
  • luv3babies
    luv3babies Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump