Options
    Bump, thanks!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Favorite of the boyfriend:
    Hickory Smoked Brisket

3-4 pounds beef brisket, or chuck roast
    1/2 cup hickory liquid smoke (or not this much. Maybe 1T or 2T? read comments...)
    1/4 cup A-1 steak sauce
    1 T celery salt (see note below, I'd stick with a 1/2T)
    1/2 T garlic powder
    1/2 t pepper

Use a 4 quart crockpot. I used a 6---if you only have a big guy, put a layer of foil down on top of the meat to create a smaller steaming space so your meat doesn't dry out.

Put the meat in your crockpot, add spices to all sides of it. Add A-1 and liquid smoke.

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours

My favorite:
    7Up Chicken and Rice

3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 4)
    10.5 oz. can of cream of chicken soup
    12 oz. can of 7UP or lemon lime soda
    1 c. rice (Minute Rice is best)
    1/4 c. chicken broth

Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker. Cover with soup and 7UP. Cover and cook for 2-3 hours on low. Add rice and chicken broth and cook for 2-3 more hours until chicken is cooked through.

Favorite site for crockpot recipes:
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

That 7up recipe sounds thoroughly bonkers! Lol x
  • xaveria2
    xaveria2 Posts: 62
    Options
    bump for later thanks for the ideas
  • headqrtrs
    headqrtrs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    4-6 boneless pork chops
    a can of chicken and rice soup(small if 4-6 chops)

you can do more chops but have to use the large can of soup

let cook 4-6 hrs

very good

i usually cook mine in the morning for dinner and have
    cooked slowly all night for lunch the next day
  • sparkdoc
    sparkdoc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • cawmacomber
    Options
    Beef pot roast - toss in some fresh garlic, black pepper, dill weed, a couple of bouillon cubes, shrums, onion, potatoes, etc - cook all day, falls apart at dinner. This allows the juices to be used as gravy, au jus, or to add to any leftovers for moist re-heating.

Pulled pork - apple juice (or water), french onion soup mix - cook all day, falls apart at dinner and you can spice it up however you want when you plate it (my family all prefer different bbq sauces:-)

Cabbage rolls - mine come out more moist using the crock versus the oven
    Bean and Ham soup
    Chicken noodle soup - just don't add noodles till a few minutes before serving or you'll have no broth :-0

Been thinking of creating a gumbo - need a day where I have time to keep an eye on it though. I've also heard of desserts being done in the crock.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. I make spaghetti sauce in there, just ground meat, spaghetti sauce and spices to taste 4-6 hours. I need to start using my crockpot more often, especially when winter comes and soups and stews sound more appealing.
  • jgthomas78
    Options
    Can't wait to use this one after hunting season. My husband always gets a couple of deer.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    My mom never had a crock pot, so I didn't have any experience with them until recently. I am totally a convert! So easy and even the things that have come out not quite as I planned were delicious! My favorite so far has been pulled pork with a bbq sauce...
  • AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs( I use 2-4 boneless/skinless breast)
    1 bottle of your favorite Caesar Dressing (I used Brianna's Asiago Caesar)

1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
    1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
    2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
    12 french hamburger buns or buns of your choice (about 2 1/2 inch)

1. Place chicken in a 3-4 quart slow cooker, cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours.
    2. Remove chicken from cooker using a slotted spoon. Place on a cutting board and pull chicken into shreds.
    3. Place chicken back in the cooker and pour dressing (or cream of chicken plus dressing packet), Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top. I only used about 3/4 of the bottle of dressing. Stir until mixed evenly. Cover and cook on high heat for 30-35 minutes or until mixture is hot.
    4. Spoon 1/4 cup mixture onto lettuce in each bun and serve!

Pineapple bbq pulled pork
    Ingredients:
    - one 4 - 6 pound pork roast
    - all purpose seasoning
    - one bottle of barbecue sauce Sweet Baby Rays
    - one 15 ounce can of crushed pineapple

Directions:
    - Rub pork all over with all purpose seasoning and place in slow cooker.
    - Dump can of pineapples (undrained) over pork.
    - Pour bottle of barbecue sauce over pork.
    - Lift pork a little to let the sauce get underneath.
    - Cook on high for six (6) hours or low for ten (10) hours.
    - Shred in the pot and mix with the juice.
    - serve on buns

I make this Turkey Chili Taco from Skinnytaste often. It's not a crockpot recipe but you could easily make it in one.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/02/turkey-chili-taco-soup.html
  • dcaf1962
    dcaf1962 Posts: 16
    Options
    I love the crock pot. If you love pinto beans here is one of my favorites. Don't forget to soak the beans overnight.

Mix all these ingredients togeter in your pot:

Beans, 1 pound of sausage or ground beef, 3 celery sticks, lg onion, one green/red bell peppers, 4 to 6 oz hot or mild picante sauce, 2 or 3 soup cubes any flavour, 2 tablespoons of grape jelly, and juice of 1 can of whole corn (save corn for later).

Hope your crock pot is big enough. And don't forget to add water. I cook all of this together for about 6+ hours. Then I add corn, no need to cook any more. I eat it jusl like that, or I eat it with cooked rice (not too often, rice is too dense in calories, not worth it to me).

Try it, and let me know what you think. I know the recipe is a little rough, but I season as I go.......
  • gigglebunny1
    Options
    Terrific recipes :glasses: . Thanks to all for sharing
  • nickiebb
    nickiebb Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump...i want some ideas too.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: good stuff !
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    bump very yummy!!!
  • VickyFine
    Options
    Cut baby back ribs into strips with one rib per strip. Put in crock pot. Pour enough BBQ sauce over the ribs to cover. Cook on high 5-6 hours or low 7-8 hours. So easy and so good.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You can throw an entire pork roast (pork butt) in there with some water, sprinkle roast w/garlic powder, smoked paprika or regular paprika, salt, pepper and a little sugar (can be left off) and let it cook for 8-10 hrs on low, you cant over cook it in a crock pot. you can use the pulled pork for tacos, burritos, pork chile verde , bbq pulled pork etc.... a million uses. freezes great too.
  • Lynn625
    Lynn625 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • julzzz4
    julzzz4 Posts: 72
    Options
    :wink:
  • jo3y20
    jo3y20 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    They all sound amazing. bump