At what age is it appropriate to

Options
RedHeadDevotchka
RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
Rip *kitten* in public without a care or acknowledgement? I mean even the loud ones, the crop dusters, SBDs, you know...
The reason I ask is this (also the reason I can't stop laughing, yup farts are funny) is there is an older guy who works here and he just walked in and let one go without missing a beat. He was asking about lunch, I heard this thing it was a loud one, and I turned and looked and he just acted like nothing happened. And now I can't stop laughing!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I've caught my g-ma doing it and other people I know too, they just don't even pay attention.
So I ask you, at what age do the elderly get this free pass (no pun intended).

Replies

• LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't know. If I do it in public I always blame it on my hubby. lol I figure they would think it was him anyway. lol
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
    Maybe it's an embarrassment thing? I accidentally ripped one earlier as I was walking to a meeting and I just had to pretend it didn't happen because to do anything otherwise would have meant CERTAIN DOOM AND SHAME.
    I just clenched my cheeks and walked on, feeling the burn of accidental-toot-awareness spread across my face.
    Oh, crikey, I'm giggling so hard at work right now.
    My boss must be getting suspicious that I'm not actually updating our Portal...
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I think under 10 and over 70 its acceptable.

But thanks for the laugh....needed it this afternoon. Never happened to me - and hope it never does.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
    Maybe it's an embarrassment thing? I accidentally ripped one earlier as I was walking to a meeting and I just had to pretend it didn't happen because to do anything otherwise would have meant CERTAIN DOOM AND SHAME.
    I just clenched my cheeks and walked on, feeling the burn of accidental-toot-awareness spread across my face.
    Oh, crikey, I'm giggling so hard at work right now.
    My boss must be getting suspicious that I'm not actually updating our Portal...

accidental toot awareness...Im gonna piss myself!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    I fart anywhere...breathe at your own risk
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I would leave the elderly out of the equation because it's not a matter of "appropriate" but not having the control...so what age is considered "elderly" ? not sure on that one but you're day will come....
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Now! Just do it!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Some people just plain dont give a ****. And on top of that, I'm pretty sure there is a point in life where all people say to themselves "I just dont care what anyone thinks about me anymore". The age is hard to pinpoint.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I just did!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options
    I would leave the elderly out of the equation because it's not a matter of "appropriate" but not having the control...so what age is considered "elderly" ? not sure on that one but you're day will come....

whoa, it's just for fun,. I'm not being malicious "your day will come" c'mon, lighten up a bit!
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    accidental toot awareness...Im gonna piss myself!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    [/quote]

OMG...........That's too funny. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options
    Some people just plain dont give a ****. And on top of that, I'm pretty sure there is a point in life where all people say to themselves "I just dont care what anyone thinks about me anymore". The age is hard to pinpoint.

good point. That's true, they've lived and made it through some things that the rest of us haven't, so they feel entitled. I get it. Still hilarious
  • pinn44
    pinn44 Posts: 68
    Options
    This is too funny and so true. My mom started doing this around 2 yrs. ago at age 78. I just crack up cause she just let's loose no matter how loud or smelly they are. I remember my Aunt (God rest her soul) would fart and she'd put her hands over her mouth and say Tuse Me each time. I thought that was also hilarious. You see she was from the deep South and had a hard time talking right. LMAO! Thanks so much for giving me the chance to have a good memory for a passed loved one. I'll be laughing all afternoon now.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    i do it everyday at the gym and just hop eeveryone has their music turned up.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Never!
    I was seriously raised where such things weren't discussed or done. I can't tell you how many times I saw mh mom clinch and race out of the room. :D

True story. Went on a date with a guy who farted at the table after we were finished eating. I tried to ignore it... It stopped me mid sentence. I just said "... Did you just...??" and he said "yeah. It's the highest form of flattery in some countries to fart after a meal". I got up and left.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options
    i do it everyday at the gym and just hop eeveryone has their music turned up.

I do feel like working out encourages flatulence
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Never!
    I was seriously raised where such things weren't discussed or done. I can't tell you how many times I saw mh mom clinch and race out of the room. :D

True story. Went on a date with a guy who farted at the table after we were finished eating. I tried to ignore it... It stopped me mid sentence. I just said "... Did you just...??" and he said "yeah. It's the highest form of flattery in some countries to fart after a meal". I got up and left.

I don't blame you!
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Never!

Your mom and mine must have been raised identically :laugh:

There was a time my sister was driving us back from somewhere, and she let loose, and my mom nearly had a coniption fit, asking her why she didn't pull over and get out of the car to do that :laugh:

But yeah, I was raised that it's just not appropriate, so I don't know if I ever would, unless I just couldn't help it. But I'd definitely be so embarrassed about it, if it were to happen.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    my dad used to always do it in the grocery store and say it was a mouse
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Never!

classy....and i dont mean your date