At what age is it appropriate to

Options

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My ex's aunt used to rip some good ones. But she was a nun so you couldn't even laugh.
  • monkeyjmonkerson
    Options
    I was horrified in highschool when a loud one went off that was clearly me as I was being my usually anti-social self and sitting alone in a corner. :blushing:

I am ashamed to say since being married, I've uh, let myself go? toots wise...and I'm too old and tired of struggling with my intestinal tract...:grumble:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Oh man!!! I am laughing soooo hard!!!!
    I let em fly, but I own up to them, in the gym......that was someone else....who was using the squat rack, nope, not me! I love old people, and their "I don't give a *kitten*" attitude.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    If you have to fart, you have to fart. It's something the human body does. No reason to be ashamed of a natural bodily function.
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    How old am I?
  • Natelywills
    Options
    my dad used to always do it in the grocery store and say it was a mouse

Your dad is awesome...
  • Natelywills
    Options
    my dad used to always do it in the grocery store and say it was a mouse
    I had a friend who's dad would go, hey do you hear the barking spiders? and cut one, hahaha

LMAO! I am using both of these. I'm sorry, trumping is the funniest thing on earth. I know I should have outgrown it, I'm a CEO. But every time I even hear a trumpy noise, I start to laugh. :-S
  • Natelywills
    Options
    My Southern Lady, super religious grandma in-law is deaf, blind and in her nineties. She will cut the loudest trumps as she walks away from the dinner table and it never fails to make me bust out laughing. EVERYONE else looks at me like I'm evil for acknowledging it but I'm sorry, she knows what she's doing and it's awesome. She's totally me hero. She'll be talking about something her pastor said and "BRAP", right in mid-sentence. Awesome...
  • Natelywills
    Options
    My best friend used to roll up the windows in her car and lock them, fart and crank up the heat. Now that's love. :

I have done that but never thought to turn on the heat. My husband better watch out the next time he rips one on a long drive. I am drinking a fat Coke and letting one cook!

P.S. anyone else find fat Coke makes them gassy? I hate the stuff but that's probably a good thing because it has an additional effect on my bowels that can clear a room in a Manhattan Minute!
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    In public?

3 or 4 and under is OK if they say excuse me and THAT IS IT

I had to edit my own post before posting....lol

Usually, when someone does this it just pisses me off.
  • hyperionguy
    Options
    I haven't heard barking spiders. I grew up with 'stepping on a frog'.

This thread is funny!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    This kind of fart that you speak of..... Sounds like a "Greeting Fart" after consulting my fart list.

Maam... You can fart right now if you'd like.... I am. Haaaaaaaah. I just had a "Squeeeeky Door"

Do you know how many calories I have burnt just walking briskly throu other peoples farts while shoping? Toooo many... But not enough to lose 1 lb yet... So probably under 3500 calories burnt from that, so far this year. : )
  • sportsforfun
    sportsforfun Posts: 353
    Options
    My dog is the ultimate crop duster. He looks at me real sly and gets up and leaves. It is about that time that I know to cover my nose because everyone knows dogs farts are the worst. Well other than shower farts.
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    my ex and I worked at a dept store, and he would run over to the bottom of the escalator and let it rip...then run the other way. when the old ladies came down into the fog they would look all around, and at each other....it was hilarious!
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    this happened to me today I went to get Sushi for lunch and while I am standing in line to pay the guy infront of me drops a bomb a LOUDDDD bomb he turns and looks at me and says... Its natures gift whadda ya gona do... HOW ABOUT SAY EXCUSE ME???
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    So I ask you, at what age do the elderly get this free pass (no pun intended).
    I would leave the elderly out of the equation because it's not a matter of "appropriate" but not having the control...so what age is considered "elderly" ? not sure on that one but you're day will come....

whoa, it's just for fun,. I'm not being malicious "your day will come" c'mon, lighten up a bit!

OK..wasn't trying to be too serious there...I was defending the old folk (and I'm about there any day now)...and just sayin the day will come, when you least expect it and you'll be wondering how you let it slip too :blushing: ...that's all
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard barking spiders. I grew up with 'stepping on a frog'.

This thread is funny!

Sometimes I stepped on a frog, and sometimes Donald Duck was in my butt. :bigsmile:
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Rip *kitten* in public without a care or acknowledgement? I mean even the loud ones, the crop dusters, SBDs, you know...
    The reason I ask is this (also the reason I can't stop laughing, yup farts are funny) is there is an older guy who works here and he just walked in and let one go without missing a beat. He was asking about lunch, I heard this thing it was a loud one, and I turned and looked and he just acted like nothing happened. And now I can't stop laughing!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I've caught my g-ma doing it and other people I know too, they just don't even pay attention.

LMAO....I work at a dept store and these buggers, no matter what age, rip it in one aisle and hurry off to another aisle! Luckily we have a Health and Beauty Dept, so I just spray, Axe, Febreeze, whatever is there to eliminate it....and ALL ages do it....it was annoying at first but now it's funny b/c EVERYONE does it if they are alone in an aisle...I hate if I'm stocking and I get quietly blamed for it....sigh.....the joys of low wage jobs (however I am of secondary educated -- my pride made me add that, lol)

Honestly....I think I'd excuse a person at age 0-7 -- then 80 years plus...
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    my ex and I worked at a dept store, and he would run over to the bottom of the escalator and let it rip...then run the other way. when the old ladies came down into the fog they would look all around, and at each other....it was hilarious!

Haaaah!!! :laugh:

Pull My finger Sinclaire! :noway: Thats what my Dad used to say.

My one grandpa was really really hard of hearing. He would shout when he talked. I come from a family of loud shouting armenians... So this grandpa thought that if he had to fart, all he had to do, was shout a little louder when he was talking to you... Sorry gramps, we heard that anyway. You don't have to shout over it. Just cause you didn't hear it, doesn't mean the rest of the world can't. :happy:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I would leave the elderly out of the equation because it's not a matter of "appropriate" but not having the control...so what age is considered "elderly" ? not sure on that one but you're day will come....

whoa, it's just for fun,. I'm not being malicious "your day will come" c'mon, lighten up a bit!

OK..wasn't trying to be too serious there...I was defending the old folk (and I'm about there any day now)...and just sayin the day will come, when you least expect it and you'll be wondering how you let it slip too :blushing: ...that's all

LOL, alright. Hey, I'm well aware I'll be pfrrrph pfrrrph in my twilight years without regard, setting them off like a gatling gun.