Renaissance Faire- Any Guild members (wenches, etc?)

Options

Replies

• garnetmemory
    garnetmemory Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If any of you guild/faire people would like to add me as a friend, please feel free.
  • fierceangel1982
    Options
    MD Ren Faire here! Usually spend a small fortune at The Brass Dragon!

Not sure how my wench costume is going to fit me since I've lost weight in my chest *pout*

Have also been to the PA Ren Faire but I feel the MD one is far superior..although I am not happy about the lack of Hack & Slash and The Rogues...

I love the MD fair but haven't visited the PA one yet. I really do wish they could find another spot in MD though. It is just so crowded the last few weekends they hold it. This year the admission prices are lower for the first few weekends so that will hopefully help with the crowding problem.

Good news, Hack & Slash will be at the MD rennfest for the first two weekends. I agree that the crowding is an issue, I've been attending less and less as both the prices and the crowds have grown.
    I'm actually looking forward to buying some new garb to celebrate my weight loss
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    If the MD faire is anything at all like the KC faire, the first few weekends are rather sparse in attendance, as it seems to sneak up on people every year. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people express surprise that it's RenFest time again already. Then, as the season wears on (ours runs for 7 weekends), people start to realize that if they're going to go at all, they better plan for it, so they all seem to plan to attend the last 3 weekends, and it's NUTS there, then.

Of course I'm thrilled that people are coming, regardless of when they come, but I sure do wish more of them would come out earlier in the season as a way to spread the crowds out a bit. :)
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Wait -- how did I miss this thread?!?!?!?!? IWG Local 24/Privateer/RenMerc here!!! *waves*

I live in Rhode Island so I really don't have a "home" faire, but m'love and I spend most of our time at the fall CT Faire in Hebron. We first got hooked back when King Richard's opened in Carver, MA (yes, we've been going every year and yes, we are old :P), and will venture out of our area several times a year for faire -- especially NYRF and MDRF.

I think the only bad thing about getting smaller and healthier by using MFP is that I now don't fit into a LOT of my garb (which at this time takes up an entire room). On the flip side, however... it's an excuse to buy MORE! And not just Wenchy things... m'love is looking into having a set of plate maille custom made for me. I can't let *him* get all the shiny attention now, can I?

Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • GellisIndigo
    GellisIndigo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    <<<< IWG 3410 Madame cum laude
    Madame Emeritus, Local 57 (Indiana, Michigan, Ohio)

Also a member of the Lost Viking's Hoard

My home faire is Ohio Renaissance Festival. My favorie faire is Bristol Renaissance Faire, though we haven't been for several years.
    I will actually be able to fit into all of my fabulous Odd Bodkin bodices again this fall thanks to all of my hard work. I can't wait to lace up and head out!
  • jenbooks
    jenbooks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I got married at Scarborough Faire in Waxahachie, does that count? We had season passes every year when we lived in Dallas. Been a few times since we moved to Austin, but haven't been in a while. We go to Sherwood Forest Faire now - it's a pretty good one. Went to TRF one year - we need to go back!

2141857186_5306fc5acb.jpg

2141066271_13af2bfcc9.jpg
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    15+ year Rennie. Currently on an extended break from Faire.

Wench # 3078, Local 24
    Home Faire CTRF

Privateer #1127
    The Gravedancer

Merc #846

Losing weighjt was an excuse for new garb. My older bodices still fit laced overlapping, but the girls are far less fluffy in them. ;-)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I love the Renaissance Faire! The one I go to the Bristol Faire. It's so much fun! I don't have any faire wear... One day, maybe. It's a little pricey for the costumes I really love.
  • poshcouture
    Options
    I've got to find a Renn fest near me! I want to go!
  • poshcouture
    Options
  • Jaessa
    Jaessa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Minnesota is my home faire although I've been to Des Moines (beautiful setting but it poured buckets of rain the week-end I was there) and Sioux Falls. I love the MN Faire! Planning on going next week-end with a friend so we can shop and then later in the month with the hubbies. My picture is of me in front of the Hobbit Hole. Weigh loss (or gain) hasn't made much of an impact on my clothing as most everything is drawstring, elastic or laced up.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I always figured that when I had the money (and the car) to do faires more often that I would get myself some good garb and maybe even volunteer. Scarby (Scarborough Faire) is my local fest, and I try to convince my family to go at least once every year. I'd also really love to join SCA.

One day, one day...
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Newly interested SCAdian. My local Canton starts it's formal meetings back up in September. I like like-minded friends!

Saying that, I have nothing to day re: garb. I haven't even made my "first" dress =/
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Kansas City ren fest every year!!! LOVE IT. Everyone loves a good turkey leg :happy:
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Everyone loves a good turkey leg :happy:

Unless your vegetarian! :happy:
  • rladd6421
    rladd6421 Posts: 455
    Options
    went to the hebron, ct one last year dressed as a peasant, going to the ny one next weekend dressed as a wench (whole reason i started my weightloss journey lol). i love going to ren faires the whole atmosphere is amazing.
  • eratess
    eratess Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sterling Renaissance Festival is my home faire... next year would LOVE to go to PA and NY Ren Faire as well!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I love ren faires. I need to find a new one to go to where I moved to.

I am a little sad though, because I think my bodice is too big for me now. When I bought it I was right between a medium and small, so I'm pretty sure I'd need a small now, but it's a medium. I haven't tried it on in a while though.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I go to the PA Ren Faire and my college's renaissance faire. I have garb I can wear currently but once I hit my goal I'll need to buy/make new ones. I want a new corset especially but I'll probably get a whole new outfit. :)
  • MerryWidow1
    Options
    I used to go to Scarborough Faire south of Dallas (Waxahatchie, Tx.) Now I live in Kansas. I want to go to the KC Ren Faire. I dress in garb when I attend, and I used to lurk at a friend's SCA meetings, but I've never joined. Even though I'm a granny, I still like to put on the Lusty Wench garb and ogle the guys in kilts. :D