Renaissance Faire- Any Guild members (wenches, etc?)

Options
123457»

Replies

• sktllmdrhmzz
    sktllmdrhmzz Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Renaissance Faire? That's a little too futuristic for me.
  • rhvandan
    Options
    I was part of queens household for one season and the #9 daughter of Captain Dagger from the Seahawks for another 5 (Now, Port of the Black Sail) in the So Cal Ren Faires. I do miss the faires. Doesn't seem to be an interest for my husband to participate, though we do visit once or twice a year depending on where and when they are held. I miss the Ojai faire dearly. Perhaps once our daughters have grown enough that I dont have to worry about them getting into trouble (but before they are old enough to get into ANOTHER kind of trouble.. I know my faire men!) we'll make an attempt to be a faire family again.
    I, myself, have a "skinny" costume, and a "fat" costume. Once I shed the weight for this final (crossing fingers) time, I will make adjustments. My "fat" costume is a pendragon tooled leather bodice with sleeves and matching brocade skirt so I would really like to get more use out of it.

Huzzah for the scale tippers!!! :)
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Me! Add as friend if you like.
  • moonracer3
    Options
    Ok, older topic but I had to chime in. I'm a member of IFRP #1259.

My home faire is Minnesota, though I have moved several times so several faires have once been my home faire. Kansas City back in the 80's, Scarborough in the 90's and have once visited Carolina. Loved them all and considering my dad was a booth owner for 13 years in the 80's at Kansas City, you could almost call me a faire baby. I found out in early September that my first peice of garb ever(from VeryMerrySeamstress) no longer fits because of the inches I had already lost, and now I'm going for a few more to go away.

Is there a group on here for Rennies? If not we should make one.

Feel free to friend me if you like.