How much do people use cash anymore?

Options
12346»

Replies

• CreggW
    CreggW Posts: 3
    Options
    your both crazy. Ever heard of Dave Ramsey? Cash only here for the past 4 years. it makes life eazy with an evelope system. If you don't have the cash you can't buy it. We have paid off over 100k in debt since going cash only. Yes, 100K.

Cash registers a pain when you use it. Keep using those credit cards and THEY will come back to haunt you! 87% of people do not pay off they credit cards fully at the end of the month. 78% don't ever use the "rewards" they are "earned" by going into debt.

Cash is on the rebound in a big way. I see more and more people using CASH ONLY. I believe its a good thing.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I wait tables so most all I use is cash lol.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Cash is for the babysitter because no teenager wants to be paid in a check. Other than that it's always be good old debit card, which reminds me I need to order a new one because mine is worn out!
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I use my debit card a lot, but that's because my check is put in electronically.

I work at a grocery store as a cashier and the checks are pretty regular things there, usually. It goes in certain days, though. Some days I will have maybe 5 or 6 checks come in and the rest cash or cards, other days I get almost all checks and no cash or cards. It is kind of strange how it goes in waves.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I keep a little bit on me for emergencies. You never know when the cards will fail you.

The only other time I carried a larger sum was when we had a hurricane barreling down toward our area. It's pretty common to have the electronics go offline for a while so it's better to have cash in those situations.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I use both.
    I don't really like carrying around a lot of cash, but a lot of the times I'll get my cheque in cash so I actually know what I have since I am horrible with over spending when it's on a debit card.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I only use cash if I have to. Touching coins kindof grosses me out... they always make your hands smell metallic, and who knows where they've been. :sick:
  • Ballard12
    Ballard12 Posts: 109
    Options
    I wait tables so most all I use is cash lol.

Same here I'm a waitress so I use Cash 90% of the time.