Guy in Ladies locker Room

Options
124»

Replies

• faylenechung
    faylenechung Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    He may not be a creeper, but he does sound fairly clueless. He shouldn't be walking into a women's locker room at any time. He could easily have said to someone going in "hey, would you mind telling my daughter to come out because I need to talk to her. She's about 5'2", blond hair, wearing a blue shirt." No problem and everyone is comfortable.
    or at the very least yelled through the door that he was coming in, just to give people the chance to cover up.
    I would have been ok with him yelling down because it could have given me a chance to say no but Ill get your daughter for you.
  • faylenechung
    faylenechung Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I can't see how he'd be considered "a creeper" when he clearly came in to talk to someone... it's not like he came in and just stood aside watching females dress.

I also can't understand why this is a big deal. You *do* realize that the heteronormative view of all males as interested in females and all females interested in males is not reality, right? He may have absolutely zero interest in seeing you naked... whereas the girl he talked to might've been "creeping" on you the whole time. Face the fact that any time you've ever changed when not completely alone someone was probably attracted to females there. If you didn't always dress in a stall, there is no reason to start just because some (possibly not straight) guy popped into the area once.

*eyeroll*

Umm, he is a creeper because it was a female locker room. If it were ok then why don't we make one big locker room for everyone? Better yet, why dont we all just walk around naked in public? I still say its not ok for a male to walk into the women's locker room. He should have went to get a female staff member if he wanted to talk to his daughter or waited.

Granted he should have waited. However instead of complaining about it to the staff or crying about it on the forums, if it bothered you that much why didnt you just say something to HIM?

If the staff doesn't know, then how can they prevent it from happening again?

Also, not everyone is comfortable with confrontation... and since nothing specific happened, it makes more sense to let the gym staff know so they can keep an eye on this member for next time.

I did not confront him because I was in shock and did not know how he would react. That is why I spoke to the staff.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of a concert we went to when we
    were still dating. The line for the women's bathroom
    went out, around the corner. The men's room was
    really short. I can't count how many women jumped
    in the men's room line. Hell my wife used it! I wasn't
    about to miss a half hour of the concert so she could
    go "pee."

Let me guess, several men were mortified and went to get management about it. They also posted stories on various forums later about these creepy, perverted women who like to spy on little boys.

Oh wait, that would never happen.

The guy needed to talk to his daughter. Maybe her mother got hit by a car or grandma fell down the stairs. Who knows, get over it. Accusing the guy of being everything vile under the sun is a bit extreme. Maybe he was even from a family or culture that doesn't have such a big problem with the situation. Maybe you could have just asked him politely to leave because it freaked you out.
    IF he needed to talk to his daughter he should have gotten a female staff member.

At the end of the day, that's what I would have done.
    I wouldn't want to walk in on my daughter changing,
    let alone a bunch of strangers. Well, maybe some of
    the strangers, but that's what live streaming is for. :tongue: :laugh: