Trim for Turkey Day October page!

Options

Replies

• jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    tammietifanie - congrats!:flowerforyou:

I also love that you took home apples to make your own apple pie - what a great compromise.
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am still here! I am sorry I have been MIA! I have had a really bad couple of weeks with nothing but gain. I know why I am gaining. I started a new job and have not found a new time to work out. I also have been eating horrible and I know it but I have been so stressed. Anyway I am trying to start back today. I went to the gym and am trying to eat better. Hopefully I am on the right track.
  • passionhi
    passionhi Posts: 118
    Options
    Thanks!!! @ Jlbay & Akgrant

I think only weighing myself once a week in going to help alot. Its going to motivate me to want to lbs in dfference instead pts of lbs( like I do when I weigh myself everyday).
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am still here! I am sorry I have been MIA! I have had a really bad couple of weeks with nothing but gain. I know why I am gaining. I started a new job and have not found a new time to work out. I also have been eating horrible and I know it but I have been so stressed. Anyway I am trying to start back today. I went to the gym and am trying to eat better. Hopefully I am on the right track.

Welcome back to the health wagon. Even when you fall off, we will welcome you back. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options

Glad to have you back!!! We miss our weekly challenges!!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I'd almost forgotten about weekly challenges.

I drink a lot of water. :bigsmile:
    I gave up soda a long time ago so that's not a problem :bigsmile:
    I was faithful doing crunches for awhile but no so much lately :mad: :sad:
    I don't snack after my planned cereal snack at 8:30 PM :bigsmile:

If there were others, I forgot what they were. Should we add a new one?
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Are We starting a new challenge soon???
  • jlbay
    Options
    I've been keeping up with our challenges. So, I'm ready for a new one. Anyone have any ideas??
    I can't think of any - except the pedometer one - that is one someone suggested that we never did.

6 more weigh-ins until T-day!
  • TheNatKitchen
    TheNatKitchen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I haven't signed on for a while. I was in a car accident last Thursday, so I missed the weigh in. I have some pretty painful whiplash, so I've mostly been laying low. And eating. :grumble:
    This week I'm going to focus on getting some sort of exercise everyday. I've been slacking for a while and its time to pick my bum off the couch.
    I read everyones comments about weekend eating mishaps. I couldn't agree more! All my work goes down the drain Saturday and Sunday. Maybe we should have a new challenge that addresses weekend eating?
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I read everyones comments about weekend eating mishaps. I couldn't agree more! All my work goes down the drain Saturday and Sunday. Maybe we should have a new challenge that addresses weekend eating?

I'm retired so every day is a weekend :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but my downfall is restaurant eating :sad: which might be part of the weekend eating problem for some, so weekend/restaurant/social event eating could be part of a challenge
  • jlbay
    Options
    Well, I finally FINALLY am OUT of the 160's!!!! -.5 lbs and I'm just out of the 160's. I am so excited! Not a huge week numbers wise, but huge for me mentally and moral wise. Woo-hoo! :bigsmile:

I hope everyone has a great weigh-in today. 5 weeks until T-day. I don't think I'll make my goal, but I'm hoping to get very close.

08/27/09 - 168.5 (starting)
    09/03/09 - 165.5 (-3 lbs)
    09/10/09 - 165.5 (-0-)
    09/17/09 - 165.0 (-.5 lbs)
    09/24/09 - 162.5 (-2.5 lbs)
    10/01/09 - 162.5 (-0-)
    10/08/09 - 164.0 (+1.5 lbs)
    10/15/09 - 160.0 (-4.0 lbs)
    10/22/09 - 159.5 (-.5 lbs)
    10/29/09
    11/05/09
    11/12/09
    11/19/09
    11/26/09 - Thanksgiving

TD Goal weight - 152
    Final Goal weight - 135
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hey guys, back down 1lb to 148, so i am pretty happy with that. i have been exercising, but i feel like i havent been as good with food as i have been in the past... my parents are coming this weekend so we are going to be eating LOTS and i am worried... just so much eating out and all. i def cant make my goal of 140 my TD now, but honestly i would be happy with being under 145 i think.

good luck to everyone else!
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Drumroll please.........158.4!!!! Yea! JIBAY!! We did it! We are FINALLY out of the 160s!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I'm down 1.8 lbs this week! But to be out of the 160s feels so GOOD!!!:laugh: I usually treat myself to "designer" coffee when my numbers look good on Thursdays but I'm so happy about this that I skipped that reward so I can keep my momentum!!

This has made my day!!! Have a great day, everybody!! I know you all did well!!!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    The only way this works for me is to make it a priority higher than pleasing my friends and family and higher than treating myself to yummy stuff.

:flowerforyou: akgrant, congrats on getting out of the 160's and congrats on skipping that coffee as a reward,,,,food rewards never work for me......I buy "stuff" like exercise DVDs and underwear as rewards

I'm down one more pound :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    weight last week 123
    weight today 122
    Turkey day goal 120
    final goal 118
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Checking in...
    No change for me this week.
    Last week 170
    Today 170
    Turkey Day goal 160
    10 lbs to go!!! :tongue:

Will I ever see the 160s? :laugh:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 168
    My current weight is 157 ( lost 2lbs from last weigh in )
    Goal weight for Turkey day: 144
    My over all goal weight is 130

13 lbs to go until i meet my Turkey day goal
  • jlbay
    Options
    Drumroll please.........158.4!!!! Yea! JIBAY!! We did it! We are FINALLY out of the 160s!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I'm down 1.8 lbs this week! But to be out of the 160s feels so GOOD!!!:laugh: I usually treat myself to "designer" coffee when my numbers look good on Thursdays but I'm so happy about this that I skipped that reward so I can keep my momentum!!

This has made my day!!! Have a great day, everybody!! I know you all did well!!!

Woot-woot!! Yeah!! I know what you mean - so glad to see 15- that I almost cried!!

Congrats to everyone this week. I'm very focused on these last weeks!! Yeah!

Oh, and should we have a challenge?
  • jlbay
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    The only way this works for me is to make it a priority higher than pleasing my friends and family and higher than treating myself to yummy stuff.

:flowerforyou: akgrant, congrats on getting out of the 160's and congrats on skipping that coffee as a reward,,,,food rewards never work for me......I buy "stuff" like exercise DVDs and underwear as rewards

This is what I've found to be true for me, too. If I keep eating and drinking on the weekends with my friends and husband - I never get ahead. They all hate it, but I now stick strictly to my plan all weekend. I also find non-food rewards to be the way to go - exercise clothes right now - regular clothes every 15 lbs. New clothes for a new body is the BEST reward!
  • passionhi
    Options
    Hey All,

I weigh myself today when I go to the gym; I will report tomorrow. Next week I will weigh myself on Wednesday so that I can report on Thursday, like everyone else....and will continue to here on out.
  • passionhi
    Options
    Okay , I weighed myself today...164 lbs. WOO HOO! YEA ME!