Are you trying to hit your goal weight by a specific date?

Options

Replies

• ytfelmi
    ytfelmi Posts: 47
    Options
    My plan is to hit my gw by October 13th. My best friend and I are working together to reach our goals by then. She's the maid of honor at her sister's wedding that day, and I'm the photographer. I don't NEED to have lost it by then, but would be nice. The timeframe is more impostant to her, than me, but it seems to be helping. I can calculate how much I need to be losing to reach my goal in time.. And knowing that if I work hard and stay on track, I'll be at my ideal weight in 3months is a nice feeling!
  • ytfelmi
    ytfelmi Posts: 47
    Options
    Also - that doesn't mean you HAVE to have a set time in mind to lose weight. I lost 60lbs in 10months a few years ago, and had no timeframe to work with. I was just getting the weight off. Granted the last 10lbs took me 3months. Haha. I think it took a little longer than it's taking now, but I wasn't doing anything other than changing my eating habits. If I hit my goal in time, it would be the equivalent of losing those 60lbs in 6months instead of 10.
  • b1505
    b1505 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I really want to be at or near my goal for my 21st birthday in May 2013 but I won't be disheartened if I don't get there
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I would like to be at goal by Christmas. For the past few years, I have been the primary photographer of the family festivities as an excuse to avoid having my own pics taken. I look forward to being a camera hog in front of the tree this year. ;-)
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose about half of my goal weight (16lbs) by the end of October - Mindless Self Indulgence gig
    Then maybe another 5lbs - 10lbs by mid December - Fear Factory gig
    Then hit my ultimate goal weight before my birthday in April next year hehe
  • LauraRN88
    LauraRN88 Posts: 46
    Options
    I want to be at my goal weight of 140 by 16th December which is the day I fly to New York for a holiday. It'll be my first time in the USA. My current weight is 186.
  • Rory_123
    Rory_123 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    12 weeks, 12 lbs!
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    My final goal weight of 125-130lbs doesn't have a specific date, but I'd like to be down to 137 by 8/25. so 5lbs in 5 weeks.

That would bring me to a total lose of 15lbs in 16 weeks.

Best of luck everybody!
  • QueenB985
    QueenB985 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be down 15-20 pounds by the end of October.....when we go to Disney! :)
  • katelyth
    katelyth Posts: 16
    Options
    My husband and I are going to Jamaica in March. Would really like to be in a bikini with no cover up :)
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I'd like to be about 150 by the end of Sept/start of Oct as I'm going on a trip to London with some friends and I just know there'll be photos of me.
    Looking to be around my ultimate goal (not set in stone so I don't know exactly what) by the end of the year ideally. Failing that by my 28th birthday next April. The rate I lose weight April is looking more realistic, lol. As long as it stays off though! I'm more concerned with look then weight and I know the look I want will take probably longer to get and a lifetime to maintain.

Look, whether you are at goal or not, you make sure you get your photos taken in London. You don't know if you will ever go back again so get in every photo and have photos of you "living our life" and enjoying it regardless of what size you are! Plus, you can use those photos when you post your before, during and after photos later if not at goal! Have so much fun in London. I have always wanted to visit there and intend to go before I die!
  • KatieSchoey
    Options
    I am so proud of you! I hope you are doing well, and taking each day one at a time. I also need to lose a 100 pounds. Most importantly try hard to do it now while you are still young. Yes I know that many people say that but really it is so true. I will be 56 next year and truly wish I would have accomplished my goal.
    Sincerely, Katie Schoey
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I really got motivated to finally get healthy and fit when my wife and I decided to try to have a child. That was last June. Baby is due in less than a month and I won't get there. So I've changed it to Thanksgiving
  • goldair23
    goldair23 Posts: 160
    Options
    Trying to lose 20/30lbs by end of December 2012/Summer! (Southern Hemisphere :) )
  • iamluce
    iamluce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be around 115-120 by Christmas, 2012
    that gives me 22 weeks to drop between 23 and 28 pounds, which I think is rather realistic and is what I'm aiming for

but I won't complain if I hit 120 by November 11th, which is my 21st birthday
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    New Years Eve morning of this year, i want to be 185 lbs.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I am going to Europe next summer and I would love to be confident while i'm trying on clothes and taking pictures. I don't have to be at my ideal weight but close is good enough for me =)
  • eodtech89d
    eodtech89d Posts: 32
    Options
    When I lost all my weight that I wanted to, I didn't set any date. I was afraid that if I didnt reach my goal by that date I would get discouraged with the results. I just look at the long haul that way I'm never disappointed if I dont reach a certain number.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to be down at least one dress size by my birthday on Sept 8th, and down 25-30 lbs by the end of the year. Id love more, but i'm trying to be realistic in that i pack my fat pretty tight so its been kind of a ***** to lose the numbers.
  • Allie_Mo
    Allie_Mo Posts: 25
    Options
    id like to have it all off by my 21st birthday.........dont think ill be right on the dot cause it will be coming up in a few months but i will surely try :]