Do guys ever turn it down?

Options
I'm just curious if a man would ever turn down sex with his girlfriend after she initiated it, I don't mean if you're tired or you're sick. I seem to always be the one making the move on my boyfriend...we haven't done it in a couple of weeks :I

Replies

• Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    my bf never does no matter how tired he is...
  • Cornock
    Cornock Posts: 254
    Options
    Sick is the ONLY valid excuse!
  • spongekitty
    spongekitty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Can't see why not, the insatiable male appetite for sex is only a stereotype after all. A man is just as capable of turning down sex as a woman is capable of always being in the mood. It depends on the guy, and if he never seems to be in the mood, your libidos might be a bad match.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, guys are human beings too, not sex machines.

Maybe he's stressed out or something. Good luck figuring out what the deal is, though. There could be a ton of reasons why a person isn't in the mood.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    No
    :noway:
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Mine never turns me down... but he also never initiates - which is also frustrating. He says it's because he doesn't want to wake me up. I think we should both just go for it when we want, and not be afraid of rejection!
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he's got a medical issue. Low testosterone or something. I was dealing wth the same kind of thing in my relationship and I was unhappy. I broke up with him last weekend!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I'm no longer into her. It happens sometimes.
  • StopherJJ
    StopherJJ Posts: 79
    Options
    Honestly the only reason I've ever had was if she pissed me off lol

Im not the type of guy thats all about make-up sex.

I guess I hold grudges lol
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My ex turned me down all the time - he was too tired from the other girl he was banging, which is part of the reason I made him an ex.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious if a man would ever turn down sex with his girlfriend after she initiated it, I don't mean if you're tired or you're sick. I seem to always be the one making the move on my boyfriend...we haven't done it in a couple of weeks :I

Dead is the only excuse. Sick or tired, I'd still give it a go! If he's not initiating even once in a while, he's not into you anymore but doesn't have the stones to break it off.

Of course I could be completely wrong, but you're asking the internet for dating advice.
  • DaBigChief
    DaBigChief Posts: 146
    Options
    Never turned it down....ever. But I am the one usually initiating.
  • charneus
    charneus Posts: 66
    Options
    There have been times I simply hadn't been in the mood, and I've turned it down. We're not all "sex sex sex", you know. Just like women, we need to be in the mood for it. So yeah, there are guys that turn it down. I'm one of them.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Mine has. But he has his reasons. But I just give him a few minutes and then try again until he gives in. I'm persistent if I want it bad enough :laugh: :blushing:
  • sgoessling
    sgoessling Posts: 119
    Options
    Omg story of my life! Bf has been so tired we like never do it and he turns me down all the time.. But I try not to take it to heart, I know he loves me and thinks I'm sexy, just he is honestly tired. We have been together over 5 years now though, lived together three, but I hate always being the one to have to push for it lmao
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    There have been times I simply hadn't been in the mood, and I've turned it down. We're not all "sex sex sex", you know. Just like women, we need to be in the mood for it. So yeah, there are guys that turn it down. I'm one of them.

This ^^^^. Plus, I turned own a recent booty call. Maybe I'm just getting old. I don't know. I gotta be into her.
  • thebrianmo
    thebrianmo Posts: 108
    Options
    this guy has and it has NOTHING to do with being sick or tired or whatever. Some of us real men just like to cuddle and have meaningful conversations. Sex will not make a relationship last long term but meaningful conversation and sharing will.
  • sgoessling
    sgoessling Posts: 119
    Options
    I should also add that I always want to. Always. Always lmao but at the moments it's been almost a week since and before last it was almost 2 so I feel ur pain! I quit letting him see me undress, stop taking showers with him, and that worked lol
  • shanndigity
    shanndigity Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Maybe if he is married ;)
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    My ex turned me down all the time - he was too tired from the other girl he was banging, which is part of the reason I made him an ex.

"Part of the reason"? There's more?

--P