Do guys ever turn it down?

Options

Replies

• LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious if a man would ever turn down sex with his girlfriend after she initiated it, I don't mean if you're tired or you're sick. I seem to always be the one making the move on my boyfriend...we haven't done it in a couple of weeks :I

Virtually NEVER
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have. If she has said something offensive i will have not interest.

In one situation, I was with a woman for five years and she started to become racist., I could never touch her her again. If I do not like what is inside a person, she could be a runway model and I would not do it.,
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I might catch some flak for this, but if you want an honest answer.

Yes, I have turned sex down many times. Sometimes it was just normal reasons: Long day, anxiety over work, sore from the gym, but...

About 3 years ago I was in a very serious relationship. We lived together, had a dog, the whole deal. I fell in love with her. She was motivated, happy, independent, beautiful. About 2 years into the relationship she developed this sense of apathy that I had never seen before. She quit her job, stopped wanting to do things together, just wanted to laze around the house, dropped out of college 2 credits short of her degree. She gained a lot of weight, became needy and jealous. She lost all of the qualities that I was attracted too. I still loved her, but I wasn't sexually attracted to her anymore. We discussed medication, her going back to school, finding a new job, taking a trip with her friends, therapy, couples therapy, everything. A lot of promises and no follow through, and we went months without having sex. When it got to the point that I was dreading coming home every night, I had to end it.

Sex CAN, not always, be an indicator of how well things are going in your relationship. It is an intimate act, that requires extreme trust and closeness on physical and emotional levels. If I don't feel close to you anymore, I'm not going to just be having sex with you because you're there and willing. I'm not a teenager anymore.

Chris.

Flames to PM please.

Nothing to flame.. it's honest and it's probably a lot of what causes the physical parts of a relationship to die.
  • Shayzeepoo
    Shayzeepoo Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My fiancé does all the time :-(

Thus the reason I want to get in shape.. Maybe he would want it more?

He works less hours than I do, it isn't as a damnding job as his old one (when we were intimate all the time).. He will turn me down for weeks at a time, then as I lose interest and don't really crave it anymore... He is all about it and freaks on me when I say I'm not into it... Then it's a huge fight and we go on again.. Lol, fun!
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I'd have to be really tired or really pissed to. And if i was tired i'd at least just fake it...kiss, kiss,a couple good strokes ,stiffen, roll eyes and SCENE, goodnight.
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just want to talk and be held.......:-)>

(I am kinda' laughing here....)
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    No
    :noway:

Succinctly put, Bobby!
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Have you checked the DVD player or his PC? You may be asking him "after the fact"...LOL. Just a different perspective.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Have you checked the DVD player or his PC? You may be asking him "after the fact"...LOL. Just a different perspective.

Well played.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My ex husband turned me down a few times at the beginning of my "peak." He was wore out, working 24 shifts, extra duty, CQ duty, and still having sex but once or twice a day was not enough for me. He finally was like GET OFF ME WOMAN. They need sleep too ya know. Talk to him, and if all is good and he really is just tired, buy yourself a toy.
  • bamachyck3
    bamachyck3 Posts: 31
    Options
    My hubby is just not interested anymore, unless he's drunk. :o( But he has admitted to being in love with another woman too, which falls into the "he's not into you anymore" category.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Have you asked him why? He is probably under stress or have stuff on his mind that he is trying to deal with on his own. Never happened to me :laugh:
  • majac10
    majac10 Posts: 51
    Options
    never happened to me...I think thay can always do it no matter what! ;)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    My ex started to. A lot. Until we never had sex. He never touched me.

We ended up breaking up.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few times when shes drunk and has acted like a flipping idiot all night....
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just want to talk and be held.......:-)>

(I am kinda' laughing here....)

lol
  • jessicaallsorts
    Options
    My ex turned me down all the time - he was too tired from the other girl he was banging, which is part of the reason I made him an ex.

Amen, sister!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few times when shes drunk and has acted like a flipping idiot all night....
    lol this makes me laugh.
  • jessicaallsorts
    Options
    I think ultimately both men and women turn it down at different times for different reasons.

But if the lack of sex is prolonged it indicates something unhealthy about your relationship.
  • jahsshh
    jahsshh Posts: 18
    Options
    this guy has and it has NOTHING to do with being sick or tired or whatever. Some of us real men just like to cuddle and have meaningful conversations. Sex will not make a relationship last long term but meaningful conversation and sharing will.

i concur