Do guys ever turn it down?

Options

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Depends on what we are doing if I'm relaxing and getting serviced then no, but if I have to work for it then it's based on the mood. But a lot of things come in play, how long have you been together and all that, is the person boring in bed or are they over the top crazy.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    My ex did when he was pissed with me for being out late with guy friends (he was a control freak). And then at the end right before I found out he had been seeing someone else.. Guilty conscience.

On the flipside: If I'm pissed enough, I'll withhold. Or if I feel fat. Or if it's that time. :P
  • britlocs
    britlocs Posts: 124
    Options
    yep, I turn it down,so she can beg,then i say NO again ,and laugh while standing on a chair with my arms at my side ,like a super villain

bwuahahahaha

"what,whats that? NO! no sex for you! BWUHAHAHA"

good times...
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    In a word - Yup. :/
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    got turned down today as a matter o fact ~>.<~ sad face...
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It happens, especially if you are the person to initiate a lot more than the other person. Men are people too. They have their own issues inside their head. The biggest problem women have when something like this occurs, is that they think its them. 8/10 times it has nothing to do with you.
  • rockyvernen
    Options
    @ brianmo ... Well said
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Can't see why not, the insatiable male appetite for sex is only a stereotype after all. A man is just as capable of turning down sex as a woman is capable of always being in the mood. It depends on the guy, and if he never seems to be in the mood, your libidos might be a bad match.

This.
  • deepfuture
    deepfuture Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    There have been times I simply hadn't been in the mood, and I've turned it down. We're not all "sex sex sex", you know. Just like women, we need to be in the mood for it. So yeah, there are guys that turn it down. I'm one of them.

Agreed
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    They aren't machines. But if it's a constant thing I'd be concerned.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Wow... that's a lot of stereotyping.

With that said, I turn down sex quite a bit. It's my wife who is insatiable. We're both very busy, and a lot of the time I don't feel like doing that much work right before I try to go to sleep. I've had my "wild and crazy sex machine" days when I was stationed in Hawaii... now that I'm married I don't need to have sex every chance I get because it's always available.

The biggest issue is what Irishrose22 said, the woman feels it's because of her. Some of the thing's I've seen were: "are you sleeping with someone else?" "why aren't you attracted to me anymore", and "did you sprain it or something?". None of which are true...
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Either if a) he's stressed (so I gues you can count that as sick although it may not be obvious and sometimes in the past i didn't know he was cos he couldn't share certain work related things with me). or if b) they know they're rushed or even c)it's too public or d) when I've been too drunk/theyv'e been too drunk.

Also, I had a phase where it really hurt so even though I'd try it on, he'd be reluctant to for fear of hurting me. Many reasons, although in most cases he'd jump at the chance!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options

With that said, I turn down sex quite a bit. It's my wife who is insatiable. We're both very busy, and a lot of the time I don't feel like doing that much work right before I try to go to sleep. I've had my "wild and crazy sex machine" days when I was stationed in Hawaii... now that I'm married I don't need to have sex every chance I get because it's always available.

Honestly though, how does your wife feel about that?
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    My wife has not wanted sex in years. Now that we are tallking about divorce.....she keeps trying to initiate....and frankly I just don't want it anymore. Too little...too late.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Honestly though, how does your wife feel about that?
    I have to agree that's a kind of strange attitude. If my fiance ever has that attitude, we're going to have issues.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Can't see why not, the insatiable male appetite for sex is only a stereotype after all. A man is just as capable of turning down sex as a woman is capable of always being in the mood. It depends on the guy, and if he never seems to be in the mood, your libidos might be a bad match.

This! Such an awesome response.
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Come on Ladies we think about sex every 18 seconds that we are awake, that thought sex can pretty tiring :tongue:

On a serious note, when I was with my ex I initiated it most times, but when she initiated it boy were they some interesting times :blushing:

Andy
  • GemskiB
    GemskiB Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My BF really struggles with stress affecting is sex drive. I did go through a phase of worrying that he didn't find me attractive, but after we talked it out I felt much better. And to be fair, it's not always about me! If you're worried, the best thing you can do is talk to him about it :-)
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Sick is the ONLY valid excuse!

But depending on how sick one is... if she agrees to it, then its on.. LOL
    and Sleeping is NOT and excuse.. Just spoon me and see what happnes...
  • MarkAWhipple
    MarkAWhipple Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    No two guys are alike, just like no two ladies are. We turn down sex. We just don't, on average, do it as much as you do.