I hate the gym... (rantish)

Options

Replies

• Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I did admit at the end it was pure jealousy. I'm not going to be nasty about them, they work hard to get like that and I should too. I can't help noticing during my first few visits when I'm looking around wondering if I'm doing things right, and I hope to be like that one day.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    Weird. Seeing guys with more muscle and less body fat than myself usually motivates me to try harder to be like them.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I have no hope of ever looking like them! So I don't worry about it too much. My gym is a total checkout place (hello college) but luckily there are machines in the back and around the corner that people like me use. Chill crowd back there.

I always find gyms kind of gross in general. That's why I prefer running outside :)
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    so...all i got from this is you're wasting your gym membership because you don't lift weights.

I lift weights at home with my set, which aren't barbie weights. I use the gym for cardio and resistance machines, plus my membership is mainly used on swimming, I and many others would not believe that to be a waste.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    Weird. Seeing guys with more muscle and less body fat than myself usually motivates me to try harder to be like them.

Did you read my comment? The beginning was a rant but I admitted it was jealousy and it makes me want to work harder.
  • BabyToaster
    Options
    I understand how you feel. Trust me. I just remember I'm there. To impress others? Or to get a good work out. :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I saw to precious things chatting away, taking it in turns on the pullover machine.
    Still chatting on the last rep of the last set.

I did feel like asking them if they were working out or hardly working
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    I am going to say now since this has been taken totally out of context, and I am genuinly sorry about that but:

1) I am not slating these girls! Far from it! I envy them for the effort they have put in and the results they have achieved. I would never seriously b*tch about someone for looking good and being confident.
    2) I do lift weights in the comfort of my own home and would rather not do it in the gym since it seems to be a very male dominated area of the gym. (Though I don't know how wasting a gym membership came into this topic when I'm pretty sure your not watching me to know exactly what I am doing anyway.
    3) I am not sitting there staring at these girls. I am on a treadmill with a girl next to me I could see in the corner of my eye just happily running away. When I got off I had to get on a bike which meant I could see her. I was not staring at her and this leads to 4.
    4) I have very low self esteem so yes, in some ways I do compare myself to others.

I didn't mean this to seem like I was slating these girls in anyway, was more a first gym feeling experience and wondering had it put people off or had it pushed them =(
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I bet in 6 months someone will be on a treadmill next to you thinking the same exact thing!!! :wink:

Think of it THAT way!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm sorry for distracting you from your work out. I will try to be less perfect next time.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    Oh, I'm sorry for distracting you from your work out. I will try to be less perfect next time.

Seriously??? It was just an observation and I was saying I was jealous and it pushed me. Not my fault you never got to the end of the opening post
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I did jump to a conclusion by not the whole post, I'm sorry.

But I still think I have a better idea what's going on.

Those girls go to my gym too. They prance on the flat treadmill at a meager pace, and they set the resistance machines to simulate pillows.
    They didn't get there from working out, they got there from not eating too much.

Nobody got fitter while looking pretty.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    I'm an adult and not going to have childish arguments with people I don't even know (I already made 2 posts to people I regret). I wasn't being nasty about them! I was saying yeah it's hard and I felt a little negative in myself but it pushed me.

I'm not here to try and cause arguments. Best of luck to all of you.
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat that much at all not even on max days lol
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    I don't sweat that much at all not even on max days lol

Then I envy you XD One day though I will be the same... I hope.
  • ephemerata
    ephemerata Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    And tbh, if they're not struggling to lift their weights and run fast and not sweating, who's getting the better workout? Hmm?

that's exactly what i was thinking. if they're at the gym and seem to be breezing through things, they might not be pushing themselves hard enough. no matter how fit i am or how fit i get, i want to struggle when i hit the machines. otherwise, it's not wort it. if i wanted a leisurely work out i'd go on a walk or something.
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    Danbi89, you're fine. You clearly explained yourself. People don't read all the comments and just can't wait to voice their opinion about something that has been addressed and cleared up.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    Danbi89, you're fine. You clearly explained yourself. People don't read all the comments and just can't wait to voice their opinion about something that has been addressed and cleared up.

Thank you =)
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options

Seriously??? It was just an observation and I was saying I was jealous and it pushed me. Not my fault you never got to the end of the opening post

..I'm not being serious. Well, kind of. I'm just laughing at the fact that that is me, besides the whole not sweating and not working out hard. I see girls look at me and I can tell that they think that stuff in your post. What they should keep in mind is while I am at their goal, I am still far away from my goal. So, when you think those girls are 'perfect', they probably feel like they have a lot of work to get the body they want.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options

..I'm not being serious. Well, kind of. I'm just laughing at the fact that that is me, besides the whole not sweating and not working out hard. I see girls look at me and I can tell that they think that stuff in your post. What they should keep in mind is while I am at their goal, I am still far away from my goal. So, when you think those girls are 'perfect', they probably feel like they have a lot of work to get the body they want.

Sorry for misunderstanding you. Yeah but you are doing a good thing since your one of the girls that would make me want to push myself harder and theres nothing wrong with that. Deep down I'm grateful because it makes me realise how hard I am going to push myself =)