I hate the gym... (rantish)

Options

Replies

• Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    it was supposed to be humorous. She wasn't really attacking these women, or hating on them!

[/quote]

Thank you for getting it =)
  • lindab142
    lindab142 Posts: 16
    Options
    I don't like the gym either. I haven't even started the fitness part of this changing behavior. I have COPD and can't do a lot of exercise right now. Can't really afford to join a gym. I've "donated" to a couple of places before with a membership. I wanted to walk,, but it's been 90+ degrees and I haven't stopped at the free track yet. Need to fit it into my schedule.

Years ago I did better with some tapes and low impact exercises. Does anyone know of low impact exercises?
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I like to see others who have achieved what I desire as sources of inspiration so long as what I seek is reasonably achievable.
    I never look at anybody under age 30 as anything more than irrelevant.
    Youth and beauty do not inspire me.
    Let's see what these folks look like when they hit 40...lol
    Now, there are some men as well as ladies who are in terrific shape and over 40 and some over 50.
    Those are the people I look toward - not some young guy all jacked and buff.
    Been there...done that.
    I need to look to those between the age of 35 and 60 who have reached peak fitness.
    These are the ones I salute! :drinker:
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options

I'll try and sum it up another way... Jealousy, I am so jealous! This makes me want to push myself harder.

• Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    I don't like the gym either. I haven't even started the fitness part of this changing behavior. I have COPD and can't do a lot of exercise right now. Can't really afford to join a gym. I've "donated" to a couple of places before with a membership. I wanted to walk,, but it's been 90+ degrees and I haven't stopped at the free track yet. Need to fit it into my schedule.

Years ago I did better with some tapes and low impact exercises. Does anyone know of low impact exercises?

There are probably a load more, and I know people can advise you better but I know swimming is pretty good. My mum has arthritis and was advised to do this since it put no pressure on her joints. So pretty sure it's low impact. Also something like nice and easy aerobics.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    In all fairness, without sounding slimey, your what I would consider a hottie, so despite the stich after 10 minutes and gallons of water, those sly stares are probly of envy because they havnt got the confidence to go full throttle like yourself, so chin up, dont waste a smiles on worries about people who are there to be there, your there, doing the biz and looking rather nice ;-)
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Jeez!!! I loved your post! I thought it was great! Some of these people on the forums just like to take everything the wrong way...
    it was supposed to be humorous. She wasn't really attacking these women, or hating on them!

Thank you for getting it =)
    [/quote]
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    In all fairness, without sounding slimey, your what I would consider a hottie, so despite the stich after 10 minutes and gallons of water, those sly stares are probly of envy because they havnt got the confidence to go full throttle like yourself, so chin up, dont waste a smiles on worries about people who are there to be there, your there, doing the biz and looking rather nice ;-)

Thanks, could you come with me to the gym and keep telling me that? XD
  • carolk843
    carolk843 Posts: 5
    Options
    The posts make me glad I'm too old to care what anyone else is doing.

What other people look like is of no import at all. No matter how fit and healthy I am, there will always be someone fitter and healthier. (There will always be someone smarter too and richer)

When I was younger living in Manhattan, I let myself be intimidated. I could never measure up. I didn't realize then that the only measure that counted was my own.

The important thing for me now is to do the best workout I can and stay on course for what I want for myself.
  • gym_king_carlie
    Options

deffinitly, and If those people are there, I shall give them the evils? :-P
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Hmm, I think you 2 should meet up!!:wink:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I need to look to those between the age of 35 and 60 who have reached peak fitness.
    \

Amen, Bobby! I was good shape when I was in my early 20's, too. I cant compare myself to them, nor should they compare themselves to me. Whole different set of variables.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options

I'm hiring you as my motivational trainer and trainers just can't be giving people evils =3
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options

Ha ha agreed XD
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    \

Amen, Bobby! I was good shape when I was in my early 20's, too. I cant compare myself to them, nor should they compare themselves to me. Whole different set of variables.

I'm 23 but I even I agree with that statement =)
  • Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love this post!!!!! Couldn't stop laughing.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of girls at my gym that are like that as well. It doesn't matter what time of day I go they are THERE! Jesus, do they not have a life? They really need to get one! I REALLY hate the women who obviously shower and APPLY MAKEUP before the gym. Are you serious? Honey I'm lucky to wash my face before heading out the door in the morning to work out. I'm not there to impress and the women who are obviously there to do just that irrate the crap out of me.

Whatever, I feel sorry for them. They obviously have mental issues:huh:

Sometimes I get makeup comments at the gym, but I just leave it on from the night before! I swear! It's basically adhered to my face so it doesn't drip at all when I sweat haha. And I sweat A LOT. So don't hate. Maybe their makeup is still glued on too.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    There are a couple of girls at my gym that are like that as well. It doesn't matter what time of day I go they are THERE! Jesus, do they not have a life? They really need to get one! I REALLY hate the women who obviously shower and APPLY MAKEUP before the gym. Are you serious? Honey I'm lucky to wash my face before heading out the door in the morning to work out. I'm not there to impress and the women who are obviously there to do just that irrate the crap out of me.

Whatever, I feel sorry for them. They obviously have mental issues:huh:

Sometimes I get makeup comments at the gym, but I just leave it on from the night before! I swear! It's basically adhered to my face so it doesn't drip at all when I sweat haha. And I sweat A LOT. So don't hate. Maybe their makeup is still glued on too.

I sweat, I'm unfit, I'm in awful clothing but I have the make up on as well! I hate my post workout face which is all red and blotchy =/
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    I love this post!!!!! Couldn't stop laughing.

*bows* I'm glad someone else saw the funny side =)
  • gym_king_carlie
    Options

Ha ha agreed XD

haha I like your input, we so are now, this is official, ive got a job to do for this young lady, Im her official motivator, I will personally sing to you the Rocky IV soundtrack as you go full pelt on that treadmill :) and I promise not to give evils but if I do catch an sly stare for even a milli second I will de motivate them somehow (trip them up or something shhh it wasnt me ;)