Does your SO know how much you weigh?

Options
I've been with my boyfriend for 8 years, and I have always been too embarassed to tell him my weight. He asks and says he doesn't care, but I refuse. After 8 years, do you think this is really something I need to keep secret from him? He's never had a weight problem and is a healthy 185lb at 6'1", and actually has to keep his weight around there because he's a pilot. He fully supports me in all my measuring cup/Jillian Michaels/kale chips craziness.

All I want to do is write my weight on a calendar in the room I do 30 Day Shred in, but I'm so scared to put it out there. Do you tell your bf/hubster?

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Yes he knows. It doesn't embarrass me to say that I weigh 188 pounds though. I mean, he can see it.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    he can see how big/small you are. the weight is just a number.
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I tell him now. i didn't tell him at my highest weight... didnt want to even admit that to myself.... but after losing the first 25 or 30 pounds I tell him. He told me when i was bigger, i was curvy... now he says I am cuuuurvy! LOL he is wonderful about it!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Now he does. Before I lost the weight he didn't know the exact number. That was between me, God and my doctor.
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    my bf guessed my weight and its about 20lbs lighter then I am now lol.. ill keep him in his own little bubble
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    My husband knows, but like your SO he's 6'6" and 210 so he has no concept of what it's like to struggle with weight.

Everything that comes out of his mouth in relation to my weight is pure verbal poop. I told him my goal was 150 and he asked me "why not 130". I'm currently 167.5, he doesn't say that stuff to be mean or call me fat, he just has NO concept of #'s or what certain weight looks like on women (or me in particular).
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Heck no mine doesn't! LoL. 10 years and he has never known, even at my healthiest. LoL. I won't tell him because he will try to guess and it's always like 20 lbs lighter then what I am, it's always what I WANT it to be! LoL
  • dzvinka82
    dzvinka82 Posts: 33
    Options
    No way my SO needs to know how much I weigh....I will tell him how much I weigh when I get closer to my ideal weight.
  • michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Nopers!
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Mine didn't all the other million times I tried to lose weight but this time I was determined to succeed and I just told him as I thought I'm never gonna weigh 230 again. He was trying to lose weight as well. He's 6'1" and I'm 5'4" and I was over a stone heavier than him He's now down to his goal weight. I've still a ways to go but I'm now only 4lbs heavier than him and it will be a big nsv when I am actually lighter than him!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I don't have an SO anymore, but when I started this journey, I was in a very committed relationship (I thought). I refused to tell him because I was very ashamed of that number, but oddly enough when our relationship started to fall apart, the number didn't have a hold on me anymore, at least not with him, so I told him...

and his response was oddly gratifying...

you were WHAT? no way, you NEVER looked that big. You really carry your weight well.

It's true, I did...even my doctor was amazed at my actual number...still that number really screws up your psyche.

Lauren
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    no - he snuck a peak at my DL but that info is incorrect :happy:
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yes, I told her when I found out (weighed myself for first time in 10 years). I let her know because she does the shopping, cooking and I couldn't easily lose without her.

She does try to encourage me but she doesn't always get it right, when I weighed myself first, she then hopped on the scale then and said ... "Oh I'm half your weight exactly and that's 2 KG to much for me" ... she lost it in 2.5 weeks ... even though she eats more than me ... I think I should hate her.

Edit: Didn't tell her just because I need her help, we're quire open with each other (tactless others would say)- worked for us for last 7 and a bit years.
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    no - he snuck a peak at my DL but that info is incorrect :happy:

HA! Mine is too! ;)

My DH has no idea. He doesn't care about the number, he just wants me to be healthy. :)
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    My husband knows. I went through some medical issues at the beginning of this year and he was at every Dr. appointment with me. He is a skinny minny, he is about 6 feet and about 180 lbs.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yes I tell my husband my weight regularly - sometimes I'm proud and sometimes ashamed but I don't see the point in hiding it from him, he sees me naked! :wink:
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My 6'3" 150-lb husband has no concept of my actual weight (or anyone's actual number, tbh) - truly. I would tell him if he asked - but he is kind and sensitive so he wouldn't - but I am too proud to volunteer the info.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    he sees me naked... what does it matter of he knows arbitrary numbers? LOL

My husband is another skinny/high metabolism guy. when we got married he wieghed 117. he was 5'9 1/2"
    I was 125# and 5'6.5" and 125# BEFORE kids looks better than 125# after, LOL)

that was 21 years ago, though...LOL
  • sarabluebell
    sarabluebell Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yea he knows he watches the scale over my shoulder....then I make him get on...Ive gone down the last few times hes gone up the last few times...lol
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
    No one knows me weight apart from me:)