Does your SO know how much you weigh?

Options

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    No idea. He's never asked. I have probably mentioned it in passing, but I doubt he was paying attention. I haven't a clue what he weighs either. In fact, he probably hasn't a clue what he weighs. Weight isn't something we talk about. In fact, I can't imagine having a conversation with him about it at all. It just isn't something either of us are interested in.
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Yep. He knew when I was big, too. I don't care that he knows.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    No way. No one needs to know that number but me. However, when I reach my goal weight, whatever it may be, I'm going to be screaming it from the rooftops!
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend and i have been together for 3 years and he knows. he's known since I started mfp. to be honest, i don't really care if people know my number. it's really just a number to me, not a number Ii am terribly proud of, but still, just a number.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    My boyfriend knows.. I mean, he sees me everyday.. he see's what size clothes I wear. He could pretty much guess my weight. After 8 years, I'm pretty sure he could give it a good guess. I'd tell him.....it isn't that hard to guess weight. I get excited to run and tell my boyfriend that I've had a loss =)
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Yes. He tells me what I weigh because I am blind and cannot read the numbers on the scale. Hee! Hee! Getting old is a *****. :smile:
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    No. I tell him my clothing size though. since everything he use to get would be way too small.
  • msmary1213
    msmary1213 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My husband knows about how much I weigh, but he wants me to be thin. He once told me that he wasn't made to be with a heavy woman. We have been together for 28 years. I have tried to lose the weight for him, but it didn't work. I am now doing this for me. I've done it before, and I will succeed this time.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Yes. He tells me what I weigh because I am blind and cannot read the numbers on the scale. Hee! Hee! Getting old is a *****. :smile:
    You are so funny:laugh: I am too embarrassed to ask him to see the number so I jump off the scale real quick and try to catch the number by placing my face almost to the floor before it disappears. It's probably quite hysterical to see!

It's been 14 years married this week and I will never tell him my weight. It will freak him out, especially when I was at my highest. He's very judgmental of heavy people. He is 6' and around 165 with a 33" waist. He can eat whatever and not exercise. He doesn't understand my hashimotos and hypothyroidism. He thought for years that I was just lazy and ate too much. I stopped trying to lose for him and concentrated on doing it for me. This worked so far. I don't do it for others approval anymore. :drinker:
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband knows when I weighed 115 and when I weighed 187 (my highest of all pregnancies). He really doesn't care what I the scale says, as long as I am happy with my weight....oh and I keep some of the bootay!!!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    He knows my weight, and he can lift me up.
    He has known my weight since he met me, but weight isn't something he particularly cares about.
    He has always been naturally lean, and at one stage weighed little more than me, when he dropped to 140 at 5'11, and I was at around 137. I am now 126 and he is up to 159. But I have never been overweight, either before or after he met me so eh.
  • sexy_RN88
    sexy_RN88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yup, my husband knows the ugly truth. He doesn't care at all. He supports me trying to get healthy, but I don't think he really is concerned with the weight-loss aspect. He is a fan of my smaller, more toned tush, though :)
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    H@ll no!
  • xTenaciousJx
    xTenaciousJx Posts: 555
    Options
    yes my hubby knows....he's super excited for me when i update him with every pound i lose :D
  • little_lisid
    little_lisid Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes he knows, and now we are trying to race to 75kgs :D He wants to get back to how he looked in college and get his six pack back.
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    My fiance' knows. He's 6'4" and around 230lbs and was in the USMC for 5 years, so he doesn't know much about my struggles. But he is my biggest supporter and he would never judge me based on a number.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband and I are doing a weight loss challenge together so we write our weights on a chart on our bedroom wall every week. He has a lot less to lose than I do so it would take him longer (whoever loses 30 first from a lower weight than I started with on here) but he is a guy who can be like lalalala weight lift a few weeks and be done with it so we figure that evens it out.
  • cljulius
    cljulius Posts: 9
    Options
    I have been married 10 years and my husband doesn't know my weight. I have gained at least 20 pounds since we have been married and that is what I am trying to lose. He has been the same size since I have known him, which is 20 years!
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My SO over does not know and will never know. We have been together for 7 years kids and everything.

He will never know. I am 5'1 (maybe 5'2") At my thinnest I am curvy. But I also carry my weight well. I have a very petite frame so I can weigh more but it still appears that I am not as heavy as I am.

He is 6'5". He is thin. He eats whatever he wants. I could look at the food he eats and I will gain.

I won't tell him. I would never tell him.

Not that he cares. He has never asked. He is great about stuff and supportive but I also think it is also cause I am old fashion and a lady doesn't tell,
  • Melonheads
    Melonheads Posts: 11
    Options
    After 8 years together and you can't be honest about your weight? That seems a little unreasonable, or secretive. I mean, 8 years is a long time to be with someone, obviously you love eachother, and you should have the level of intimacy and trust that allows you guys to be honest about everything in your lives. That's like saying he doesn't actually know your real age, or something. It just seems silly, he can SEE you so its really only a number, a label. Don't let it bother you so much!!!