Does your SO know how much you weigh?

Options

Replies

• katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    He only started asking how much I weighed when he started noticing that I was gaining. I told him when we bought a scale not too long ago. But I also have told him how much I've lost and he's proud of me. I like the positive reinforcement.
  • lrcross
    lrcross Posts: 42
    Options
    We have a scale in our room, I know his weight and he knows mine. I never kept that a secret...even told him when we first met. He is MUCH smaller than I am. To date, I have lost more that what he has gained (he gained 20lbs). I am losing and he NEEDS to gain! What a happy home... :smile:
  • tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yes...I've been w/ my fiance for 8 years as of May and he knew my weight when wet and throughout the good bad and ugly and now he is fully aware of it thru my "getting back to the good" stage!!! Plus he's totally supportive!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    haha We talk about it constantly because he weighs himself a lot because it's his new "thing". He's started to eat less in the last few months so he likes to make sure he's in a certain area. So I'll joke and be like, "Wow, only 7 lbs heavier than me!" or something similar to that.
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I wont tell guys my weight, I'll let them guess if they really want, but most of them guess between 215-230 which is way off from where I was which is between myself and God.
  • VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    My SO is aware within about 5 lbs. He was aware when I was over 40 lbs heavier too. I don't hide things from him but I don't go out there and throw it around either.
    My family and 2 out of 3 of my closest friends actually are aware. I live in a small town and my physician, the town's dietician and half a dozen others know because they see the numbers on paper (which actually bugs me but "it is what it is")
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    Yes my hubby knows...he found out when we went for our first Dr appointment when I was pregnant and ever since then hes known. He is ALOT smaller than me but doesn't care, especially now that I am losing. I think you should tell him!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I've told him, but even if I didn't tell him, he'd know. He's ridiculously good at guessing people's weights.
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    No.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I've been with my boyfriend for 8 years, and I have always been too embarassed to tell him my weight. He asks and says he doesn't care, but I refuse. After 8 years, do you think this is really something I need to keep secret from him? He's never had a weight problem and is a healthy 185lb at 6'1", and actually has to keep his weight around there because he's a pilot. He fully supports me in all my measuring cup/Jillian Michaels/kale chips craziness.

All I want to do is write my weight on a calendar in the room I do 30 Day Shred in, but I'm so scared to put it out there. Do you tell your bf/hubster?

Perhaps someone's already said this....but if he says he doesn't care, then WHY is he asking- and apparently CONTINUING to ASK when you've refused to answer this?

I'm with a LOT of other posters- NO, hubby didn't know- and I didn't tell him....because no matter what he *says*, numbers did matter...

and later on, AFTER I lost the weight, and he found out my highest weight...........well, his facial reaction to THAT number
    made me GLAD he didn't know @ the beginning.

IF he's the type that keeps track of HIS weight, and comments on OTHERS' weights, then take that clue and keep YOUR number to YOURSELF.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm married and my hubby knows what I weigh. I tell him every time I step on the scale.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Yes mine knows and I willingly tell him especially when I lose. Its just a number who cares?
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    No, he does not and he does not ask/bug me. I won't tell him until I am lower than his weight (he's slender) so when I am, then I'll announce it.

I'm not sure how I feel about telling people how much I "used" to weigh, but we'll see, maybe I'll be proud and "own" it.
  • stayingpositive100
    Options
    my husband is the first one I tell as soon as I weigh myself... shoot he is the only one I tell! we are both trying to lose weight so I know his weight and he knows mine... in fact tomorrow is when I weigh in and he has already told me I hope it goes down so you will be in a good mood :)
  • mishimouse101
    mishimouse101 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    No! My SO has no idea how much I weigh!

Only one person knows the exact number-the weight loss coach I met with a couple of times before I found this website.
    I got brave enough to tell a friend the approximate number of pounds I wanted to lose and the approximate weight I wanted to end up and her response was really kind, she suggested I focus on a interim goal, one that would get me out of a danger range and into more clothing options-like a size 12-so that the goal is less overwhelming.

My Dad knows about my efforts and asked if I wanted to share my number-I told him that I would update him in percentage to goal achieved :-)
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    Yes! Why not? I also poop with the door open. (but I have the fan on)
  • argenterie
    argenterie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    For the first time in about four years, I told my husband my weight. He was SHOCKED, he thought I weighed MUCH less than that. He weighs less than me, which is why I hadn't told him. I was embarrassed. But now, whatever! He knows I'm on my way DOWN in weight, so it's all good.
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yeah why wouldn't he. After 13 years he knows everything else... lol!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    For me, once i did tell him (we have been married for over 7 years) it was like a weight off my shoulders, but it also made me responsible. He knew how much i weighed and now watches me when i weigh every week! He loves to see the number and i love the reaction i get when i lose!! He doesnt have to ask "is that good?" when the scale says a certain number! he knows!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    He gets a daily update :)