Thanks
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bumping to look at later
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Let me know if any questions. Hopefully enough info there to get started.

Don't forget the tabs at the bottom, some have mentioned the web browser page can hide them if not looking for them.
  • Ambition00
    Ambition00 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    @heybales thanks for this!

@texastango I was just about to post the info on that article release when I stumbled upon yours. There is also a thread on the article if anyone is interested in reading them.....

I've learned quite a bit between yesterday and today...basically netting the BMR doesn't really matter. Calories burned is calories burned and it's all one TDEE. I do agree and can make sense of the not eating below your BMR, as if this is the calories your body needs to perform basic functions why deprive it of this?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/691435-very-interesting-research-on-weight-loss-rate
  • heybales
    Options
    @heybales thanks for this!

@texastango I was just about to post the info on that article release when I stumbled upon yours. There is also a thread on the article if anyone is interested in reading them.....

I've learned quite a bit between yesterday and today...basically netting the BMR doesn't really matter. Calories burned is calories burned and it's all one TDEE. I do agree and can make sense of the not eating below your BMR, as if this is the calories your body needs to perform basic functions why deprive it of this?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/691435-very-interesting-research-on-weight-loss-rate

True, that's why you'll find for instance the example person in the spreadsheet with 100 lbs to lose is given her BMR to eat at with deficit if the TDEE and deficit amount make it happen of course.
    But then again, 3 choices - if doing heavy lifting you get that max deficit, or actually the 2% of weight to lose is max even without weight lifting.
    But at some point changing the stats, especially bodyfat%, the 2% method isn't the biggest deficit, it is the heavy lifting deficit.
    But if you don't plan on doing that and want best chance to maintain LBM, then the % deficit that isn't as aggressive and tad slower would be best to use.
  • jjj1988
    jjj1988 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    @heybales I just wanted to say thanks !!! You are the first person that actually given me some helpful info since joining. One was snippy and another wouldn't even acknowledge the questions. Your post made it easy to understand. Once I plugged in the numbers and set mfp I have dropped 7 pounds in a week and half.

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • heybales
    Options
    @heybales I just wanted to say thanks !!! You are the first person that actually given me some helpful info since joining. One was snippy and another wouldn't even acknowledge the questions. Your post made it easy to understand. Once I plugged in the numbers and set mfp I have dropped 7 pounds in a week and half.

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news. I'll admit some of that had to be water weight, unless you'd already been on a diet eating even less previous.
    Change of habits always seems to lead to decent 5lb drop of water first week.

I'll believe 2lbs fat though, easy.
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • heybales
    Options
    Ok, who is using the HRM tab for HR zone training?

I've thought since the VO2max calc is there, why not have HR zones based on that figure.
    That is a valid training method based on that stat.

I prefer Lactate Threshold still, because you can move that figure with correct training, VO2max is pretty genetic and only little movement possible once you are fit.

Hmmm.
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Ok, who is using the HRM tab for HR zone training?

I've thought since the VO2max calc is there, why not have HR zones based on that figure.
    That is a valid training method based on that stat.

I prefer Lactate Threshold still, because you can move that figure with correct training, VO2max is pretty genetic and only little movement possible once you are fit.

Hmmm.

I am going to be using the tab once my HRM comes in on Tuesday! I can't wait!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    way cool! thanks! @ work so I can't view the link but will check it out later from home.
  • Maudy16
    Maudy16 Posts: 36
    Options
    All this confuses the hell out of me, so im hoping to input all my data and see if I understand it any better.

Thanks very much for your efforts and sharing with us all.

:huh:
  • beklew159
    beklew159 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • Cara85K
    Cara85K Posts: 122
    Options
    bump
  • heybales
    Options
    All this confuses the hell out of me, so im hoping to input all my data and see if I understand it any better.

Thanks very much for your efforts and sharing with us all.

:huh:

Just read through it carefully. If you've seen any of the discussions regarding BMR and TDEE and eating between the 2, and understood kind of what that was talking about, the spreadsheet, while busy, should make sense.

If this is first topic on it, then it might be confusing, but several have said just starting there it helped them understand.

So just notice 3 or 4 different ways to estimate your TDEE based on your desire for accuracy, and 4 different deficit methods based on your workouts and how much to lose.
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump
This discussion has been closed.