6 Things that Will STOP weight loss in its tracks!

Options

Replies

• alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the post. ty
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    She's a beachbody coach. So this is spam. She just wants you to add her so she can advertise her products to you. She probably didn't even read what she posted.
  • MSepp
    MSepp Posts: 228
    Options
    Lies... misinformed... myths.

I could eat twinkies and McDonalds for weeks and still lose weight if I cut calories and exercised.

Research your material before posting.

Well...put. Granted twinkies would not be very nutritious...but I get your point LoL.
  • MSepp
    Options
    I genuinely feel bad for people that are falling for this misinformation...

A nurse is not a nutrition expert.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    where are these tips coming from? I would like to see medical backing- such as Mayo Clinic research (and links to back it up).
    The thing is misinformation has really jacked many of us up physically- our bodies have been put thru the wringer by following trends rather than good reasonable education.

Please stop posting info without medical backup. Some of what you posted is true- to an extent but you can't give out medical advice to the masses without knowing their own medical background.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    1) Excess calories.
    2) Eating more calories then you burn.
    3) Burning less calories than you eat.
    4) Failing to create a calorie deficit
    5) Sudden increase in gravity.
    6) Corn.

I am joking about 6).
  • MSepp
    Options
    where are these tips coming from? I would like to see medical backing- such as Mayo Clinic research (and links to back it up).
    The thing is misinformation has really jacked many of us up physically- our bodies have been put thru the wringer by following trends rather than good reasonable education.

Please stop posting info without medical backup. Some of what you posted is true- to an extent but you can't give out medical advice to the masses without knowing their own medical background.

http://www.beachbody.com/

This is what she is selling and probably where she gets most of her information.

Nutrition advice should be taken from an MD or a registered dietitian...Personal Fitness trainers may know exercise...but not all have extensive education in nutrition...in fact most do not. And if they do not posess a degree in the appropriate area, they're hardly qualified to be handing out this type of information.
  • MSepp
    Options
    ALSO. Just want to point out how VERY INTERESTING it is that the originator of this post has not said a word since her (no doubt) CUT AND PASTE topic...
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    great! :grumble: :noway:
    ok guys... for newbe like me its confusing now.:sick: Please direct me to the right post!:frown:

EXACTLY. I read this and I was like, "how wonderful" then i read on... and now Im like, "shux"

Take advice on here and then do your own research. I find the best information ends up coming from REAL nutritionists, doctors, physiotherapists, CERTIFIED trainers, so one so forth. If it sounds weird, check on it.
  • MSepp
    Options
    great! :grumble: :noway:
    ok guys... for newbe like me its confusing now.:sick: Please direct me to the right post!:frown:

EXACTLY. I read this and I was like, "how wonderful" then i read on... and now Im like, "shux"

Take advice on here and then do your own research. I find the best information ends up coming from REAL nutritionists, doctors, physiotherapists, CERTIFIED trainers, so one so forth. If it sounds weird, check on it.

I am an RD-that's how I know a lot of what this individual is saying is bogus...particularly the gluten and water comments...neither are true. Gluten intolerance is very much individualized (for individuals w/allergies or Celiac Disease or other GI disorders).
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    The only one I really believed was the one about starvation mode... and now you're telling me, that's not true??

(I do think some of the other are sometimes true for certain people in certain situations-- like IF you have a gluten sensitivy, it very well may be adding to the weight problem... and I do know that when I eat too much high-salt-foods my wedding ring is tighter- does that mean sodium m akes me fat? I doubt it, but for me- too much makes my wedding ring tighter.... and dairy- I know that 'too much' (which is just anything more than 1 serving daily)- makes my gut feel 'heavy'- so I know for me, I need to watch how much milk and cheese I get..
    wheat/grains? I can't eat them at breakfast (pancakes, toast, etc) because I will have a headache all day and I am famished all day. But I am fine with them at lunch or dinner and sometimes toast before bed helps my low blood sugar not be as bad in the morning. (and low blood sugar means for me, I do need food every 3 hours- but I know that is me and not the world in general

I think maybe the most important thing (asside from the in general- eat healthy and burn some calories) is to know your own body and how it works (but don't tell everyone that is how it works as a rule.)

Really?? the 'starvation mode' is a myth?

and I thought I was so smart and knew everything. sad face. So even my above thought on knowing your own body and what works for you- might just be wrong, too. (but it works for me)
    time to go cry in my cheerios.
  • papate
    papate Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't understand all this. I figure it's calories in versus calories out. If you eat more than you burn, gain weight, Burn off more than you eat and LOSS. I do the VLCD, less than 600 a day, do not feel cheated or deprived, hungry or any of the sort, More energy than I ever had before losing, but still bunch to go. I burn over 1400-1600-1800 a day and hopefully keep going down down.
    I don't eat carbs, no sugars, mostly have salads and little protein each day.
    Whatever, I just want it off
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    i'm on the pill and it hasn't made me gain weight. i gained weight because i ate too much!

Me too! And I lost 20 lbs while on the pill and eating wheat.
    Sorry, but I'm not giving up wheat bread and pasta for nobody!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I don't understand all this. I figure it's calories in versus calories out. If you eat more than you burn, gain weight, Burn off more than you eat and LOSS. I do the VLCD, less than 600 a day, do not feel cheated or deprived, hungry or any of the sort, More energy than I ever had before losing, but still bunch to go. I burn over 1400-1600-1800 a day and hopefully keep going down down.
    I don't eat carbs, no sugars, mostly have salads and little protein each day.
    Whatever, I just want it off

^^^^^ You eat less than 600 calories a day!?!?:noway:
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    http://blog.bodybuilding.com/iahawkette/2012/03/15/reasons_your/

she copied from this site, or this is her blog .. cuz the words are the same .. right down to the part " If you have any other experiences that cause plateaus please add it in the comment section"
  • papate
    papate Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes I do on the VLCD. I have heard all the hype and gripe but if you don't eat, you can't gain weight and I can't stand being this way any longer. Never was before and am done. I believe it's mostly mind over matter. If you have the determination and willpower, you can accomplish almost anything. That's more than half the battle.
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Can you cite a reputable source regarding your thoughts on gluten? I'm pretty sure it's just a form of protein that some people are sensitive to or unable to digest (but most aren't).

I have a couple family friends who are celiac (sp?) and can't eat gluten, because essentially it makes them sick. However I'm not sure this is what she was talking about.
  • claire7090
    claire7090 Posts: 67
    Options
    I have lost 31lbs and now the weight my Dr is happy with. I am on the Pill for medical reasons not birth control and I love pasta and bread (gluten!). The Pill does not stop you losing weight - I just worked on calories in must = calories out and lost weight and am now successfully maintaining my new weight!

Suggesting people stop taking the Pill in dangerous - it could result in unplanned pregnancy and for people like me increased hormonal problems potentially leading to depression and aneamia. Be careful what you post!
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
  • MSepp
    Options
    I have lost 31lbs and now the weight my Dr is happy with. I am on the Pill for medical reasons not birth control and I love pasta and bread (gluten!). The Pill does not stop you losing weight - I just worked on calories in must = calories out and lost weight and am now successfully maintaining my new weight!

Suggesting people stop taking the Pill in dangerous - it could result in unplanned pregnancy and for people like me increased hormonal problems potentially leading to depression and aneamia. Be careful what you post!

She didn't care what she posted. This is a clear cut and paste job and almost everything she is saying is misinformation. People can be so (if unintentionally) irresponsible.