Does your SO CARE how much you weigh?

Options

Replies

• dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Yes my husband knows my weight and no he doesn't care. He also knows my measurements. He knows everything at my best and worst of times.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Sorry what does SO stand for?
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Yup - we weigh ourselves every morning and put up our numbers on the fridge, haha.

We are both looking to lose weight so we care if the other is losing weight (because we want to see eachother succeed), but I don't think either of us care too much what the other weighs as long as we're happy with how we look (as long as I don't get too skinny and she doesn't get too big, haha).

To Suzie: SO = significant other.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Mine cares right now because I promised him when I get down to 125 (5lbs away) I would buy some pretty hot lingerie. So hes being overly "helpful" right now lol.

But honestly, he doesn't care. He doesn't know how much I should weigh, so the number itself doens't mean much. And as for accepting me, he wanted me just as much when I weighed 180lbs (my heaviest) years ago as he wants me now.
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    he knows how much i weigh cause he weighed in with me this morning..

he cares about the number because its currently in an unhealthy range... he wont leave me if it goes back up but he worries that it will cause issues for me if i dont get a handle on it..that being said he loves me the same no matter my weight and if i choose to gain back the weight i have lost and then some i am confident in knowing he would still love me.

and he is supportive of my goals to get healthy... and i feel the same way for his
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't care what my weight in... has always said I looked beautiful whether I was smaller or larger than I am now.

He does know how much I weigh and doesn't care.
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I told my hubby my weight last night, his response was "wow, I thought you were smaller then that". Now I know why I didn't tell him my weight all these years.
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    He's not my Finace, but I am working on it, although he is the one that needs to sort through that issue.
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Me and mine know everything about each other. we are on this journey together. So each time either one of us weigh, we both tell each other. And we are both very supportive of each other. But he dont care what i look like
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Sorry what does SO stand for?

Significant Other.
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Nope, he says my most attractive feature is between my ears :-) What can I say he likes a smart woman...lol
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I don't think he knows what I weigh. When he was deployed and I emailed him that I was so excited I was down to 115 lbs he replied "I thought you were already 115." On the other hand I have no idea what he weighs... probably somewhere between 160 and 180?? LOL I know he doesn't care he just wants me to be happy and confident, and I don't care what he weighs as long as he feels the same.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Yup - we weigh ourselves every morning and put up our numbers on the fridge, haha.

We are both looking to lose weight so we care if the other is losing weight, but I don't think either of us care too much what the other weighs as long as we're happy with how we look (as long as I don't get too skinny and she doesn't get too big, haha).

To Suzie: SO = significant other.

thank you. for the life of me couldn't work it out. Knew it was partner, other half!!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    He knows what I weigh and how much I cared to lose all the weight. Hes supported me over the years :smile:
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    He knows what my number is and he cares that he wants me to be healthy and happy. Does it effect our relationship? No...as long as we are moving in the right direction to health and happiness, we are content.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    not one tiny bit..maybe if I was closer to 200 he might wonder what was up..but really he loves me for me somehow.
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    He does not know the number, I'm not sure he cares very much. He has said a number of times that he doesn't think I need to lose any more weight, but he is supportive of my fitness goals and likes it when I eat.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I remember after my first month or so on MFP, having lost about 5 pounds... it was the first time my "If ever day were like today, you'd weigh..." message registered less than 150 pounds. I was so excited, I made my husband look.

He said, "Isn't that more than you weigh now?" :laugh:

He doesn't care one bit what I weigh. And even though I've never kept my weight a secret, and had been mentioning it as I lost, it's not something he stores in his memory like baseball stats.
  • erin023
    erin023 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I mention it in conversation once in a while but I don't purposely tell him. He doesn't care at all. He thinks I look great as is.
  • Tristalee08
    Tristalee08 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend says he cares about the number but in reality I think he just wants both of us to be in shape and fit. I tell him what I weigh everytime I weigh myself whether or not he remebers is beyond me. He makes fun of my lifestyle change (mainly bc his metabolism is so great he can eat anything and still not gain weight so he doesn't understand watching what you eat) but is supportive in his own way. He says I need to weigh 115 but as long I am physically in shape and happy he won't care what the ending number is.