Does your SO CARE how much you weigh?

Options

Replies

• Sahri21
    Sahri21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Not only does Nick know how much I weigh, he doesn't care. He DOES care if I'm happy about my body, and he struggles to help me with my struggles. He doesn't know what to do, and has never struggled with weight issues so he doesn't understand but he tries very hard to be supportive and find dinner ideas, etc.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I don't think the number matters that much, but he does know it. He definitely cares how I look though...and when I got down to a size 4, I think he told more people my jeans size than I did :laugh:

This made me giggle. I am short and I wear a size 0. We were folding laundry one day and we had a conversation that went like this:
    Him: These shorts say they are a size 0.
    Me: Yes.
    Him: Isn't that like the smallest size?
    Me: Pretty much.
    Him: That's weird because these shorts make your *kitten* look huge!

True love. LOL
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    he knows what i weigh yes, he probally doesnt care. however i get excited when i lose a pound so i update him.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My husband would not care if I weighed 300'ish again or 110, though he prefers I stay healthy. He knows exactly what I weigh at all times. He also likes when I'm more relaxed and not obsessing over my weight. lol. I'm not doing that as much now that I am in the 140's.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My husband has told me a million times he doesn't care how much I weight, as long as I am his sweet heart of a wife. He would rather have me at ANY size, than have a super model version that nags and complains 24/7.

Understandable.

But I have noticed since losing weight, he puts his hands on me much more often! :bigsmile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Everyone SHOULD care. Weight has a direct effect on health implications for the general population. IMO, if someone says "I don't care what weight you are" they aren't telling you the whole truth.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    My boyfriend and I both told each other if the other one gets fat, its over. We are both into fitness and laziness is something we both can not tolerate, along with a huge gut. This keeps us both on our toes.
  • melcap86
    melcap86 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend could care less what my weight is.. I tell him and he's like OK lol.. but when I tell him I lose a pound he's just as happy for me as I am :)
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband knows what I weigh. Does he care?... I don't think he so much cares about the number as he cares about what it means. The things I can't do because of what that number physically is. How I feel about myself. Those things he cares about.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Mine is a little weird right now knowing I weigh as much as him, but I'm pretty sure it's a male ego thing. I doubt he thinks I'm fat, he just has issues with being "small".
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    He doesn't know the actual number because I don't share it with anyone, but he has a pretty good guess. And as to whether he cares - that's a mixed response. He doesn't care about the number or me being overweight, what he cares about is that I care about how heavy I am.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Nope. He guesses now and again for the purpose of making a point... (i.e. when he was setting up my snowmobile and said theres no way I weigh any more than 120lbs :love: )

If it looks good- who cares about the number on the scale. WE shouldnt even care- why should THEY???
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Yes he knows...probably because every time I hop off the scale, I demand he high fives me.
    And yes he cares. If I get above a certain weight I look super frumpy, my clothes look awful, and I get depressed.
    I can't see any guy being ecstatic about living with a grumpy, frumpy chick.
    Confidence is sexy-- i want to be comfortable in my own skin, and feel confident enough to leave the lights on when we wrestle between the sheets.

Since I originally started this healthy journey, he's gotten so much better about his exercise and eating habits too.
    And we're so much better now that we're both on that healthy train :)

ETA: and yes, I know how much he weighs, too
  • samanthakre
    Options
    Mine just wants me to be healthy. Sure, he would love for me to get down to goal weight..a little smaller than when we met.

However - I don't tell him how much I weigh. Only a few people in my life know that, and he is not one of them. I think he drastically underestimates my weight, and I'm ok with that. I have already decided that when I'm about 30 - 50 lbs away from goal weight [the weight when we met] I would tell him what I got up to.

Soon enough he'll figure a close enough amount out - because I DO tell him how much I have LOST...that and everyone else around me that notices!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    He's not my Finace, but I am working on it, although he is the one that needs to sort through that issue.
    Oh god do you think I care if he's your fiance or boyfriend? Way to miss the point. If you can't see why it's your problem then fine, enjoy being treated like crap.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    My hubby and I are in this together. He has lost 21 lbs and I 20. We neither one care cosmetically about the extra weight. We are concerned about the health issues. I have to add, the more we loose the better the sex. haha:blushing: We do have differant goals, but plan on continuing with MFP for maintance. :
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    No he doesn't care. I am down 64lbs from my highest weight. We were together when I was in the 220's , met when I was at my lowest ( he did care then he told me I was too skinny quite often, and he was right). When I told him how much I weighed at my highest , he was shocked to know I had ever gone over 200. He doesn't care about the number, but he is elated to see me so happy and proud of myself, so he cares about seeing me continue to take so much pride in myself.
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    He's not my Finace, but I am working on it, although he is the one that needs to sort through that issue.
    Oh god do you think I care if he's your fiance or boyfriend? Way to miss the point. If you can't see why it's your problem then fine, enjoy being treated like crap.

well you have no idea what I have done about the situation but thanks for your advice.
  • mrsmerrithew
    mrsmerrithew Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My husband knows... and he definitely doesn't care. He tells me how much he weighs too. We are in this together for the long haul, so I think something like weight - which is an indicator of one's health - is something important that should be shared. Neither one of us are super fit, but we do try to eat right and work out, so I have no shame in sharing my weight with him.
  • Sahri21
    Sahri21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think her point was that he doesn't treat you well so you need to fix that. Not become engaged to someone who quite clearly puts you down. That is no life!