how many days a week do you work out?

Options
Lyssa62
Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
I have walked 3 miles a day for the last 10 days...didn't want to take a break but felt I needed to (women will understand). Is walking at least 5 times a week a good goal?

Replies

• grimsin
    grimsin Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I do JM 30DS 7 days a week, and alternate weights one day and cardio the next so no days off unless I start to feel weak :P
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I have walked 3 miles a day for the last 10 days...didn't want to take a break but felt I needed to (women will understand). Is walking at least 5 times a week a good goal?

Why would women understand? I dont get this.

I work out around 5-6 days a week, I do heavy lifting 3 mornings,and do pole dance some evenings. Depends, some weeks I may only do 4 days and do pole the same days as lifting, others I'll split it.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I workout 4 days a week. I'm doing a split routine (upper/lower) weight lifting routine on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Cardio is tagged onto the end of each workout for 10-15 minutes. Abs are done twice a week on Tuesday and Friday. That's pretty much it.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I try and burn off at least 500 calories six days a week, with cardio. I don't do any lifting.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    5, 6 or 7 depending -

Monday, Tuesday and Friday is weights, Wednesday is Football training, Sunday is indoor football, Saturday will be football matches when the season starts and the spare Thursday I'll probably be going running unless I have plans.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    That's up in the air right now while I change things up, but for the past few months, I've been doing 3 days per week in the gym. StrongLifts 5x5 program followed by up to 30 minutes of cardio (sometimes less, if I'm feeling pretty wiped out).

Lately I've taken up karate again, which is kicking my *kitten*, so I haven't settled back into a routine quite yet. My plan is to do the martial arts workouts 2, possibly 3 days per week, and lift weights 2 days per week.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I recently broke my wrist and was told not to exercise any way that would stress my arm so I've been doing the stationary bicycle for 30 minutes six days a week. I think you need to rest for a day and I choose the day to not exercise on the day that I weigh myself because exercising makes you hold water and I do my weigh-in in the afternoon. I work with a nutritionist who comes in to my building at 3PM -my appointment is at 4. I guess I could exercise afterwards, but I use that as my rest day instead.

When my arm heals I plan to get back to doing Zumba, which I love at least 4 times a week and then doing the treadmill for two or three days a week.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    usually 4 days a week, cardio for 45 minutes and some arms/abs every other day.
  • lissaann22479
    Options
    I try to workout 6 to 7 days a week!
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    i work out 5 days a week, i used to work out every single day, surprisingly im losing more now then i was then.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Typically 5 or 6 days a week, alternating weights and running.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I usually run 4-5 times a week. I run two days and take a day off, run two days and take a day off. I also do P90X Ab Ripper on my days off or if I can't run on my run days.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    i go to the gym six times a week, seven if im lucky and not feeling dead...plus my x2 daily dog walks a day..usually extra long walks at weekends....i let my body tell me when i need my rest day...x
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I try and work out about 3-4 times a week if i can. I do fitness dvds, walking and kettlebells. I find these easier to do when i have a one year old. Dont have chance to go to the gym as i have no help. Try doing the fitness dvds, they burn loadsa calories, and there fun :-)
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    6-7 days with Turbo Fire!! wahoo and I feel GOOD.!!! (dang James Brown song in my head)
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I work out 6-7 days a week. I was doing 30DS 5 days a week (finished that and have started Silm in 6). I usually walk a few miles a few times a week also.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    4-6, depending on the days I have off from work.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Currently, 5 days a week. Next Sunday starts 6 days a week for the next 8 weeks. 4-5 times a week is typical for me when not on a specific program.
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    5 days a week, some days double workouit including Power walk
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    6-7 days with Turbo Fire!! wahoo and I feel GOOD.!!! (dang James Brown song in my head)

LOL funny you bring that up...my best friend and I who are on this journey together sing that song all the time after we walk.