how many days a week do you work out?

Options

Replies

• sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Every now and then I'll take a day off but for the most part 7 day.
  • tonyspumas
    tonyspumas Posts: 31
    Options
    I started with 6 days a week with Sundays off but the past two weeks I've felt the urge to run on Sundays. So I guess I'm a 7 days a week person now.
  • schwest76
    schwest76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I workout between 5-6 days a week. I do four days of weights and 5-6 days of cardio. On the days I don't lift I'll do 45 minutes of cardio and on the days I do lift I do 30 minutes. I've been doing this almost and month and have seeing some great results!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    no wait, 8!
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    6 days a week
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    3 days is the absolute minimum. 4 days is ideal and 5 is an exceptional week.
  • decdav
    decdav Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I’m training for a half-marathon so I’m walking/running 5 days a week. I work with a trainer twice a week. If I’m in a recovery week, I’ll go to the gym on Sunday otherwise my long run on Saturday (13+ miles) is enough for the weekend.
  • morrws
    morrws Posts: 6
    Options
    I walk an hour a night at a quick pace...at my current weight of 136.8 kg. it burns plenty of calories...I take one day off a week.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Daily. Unless 'something' gets really sore and I fear there is damage, then I'll take a day off even though I don't want to. If I do that I usually heal up and have an even better workout the next time. Sometimes I just change the type of exercise to give certain muscles a break.
    Change it up and you'll figure out what works for you, with your schedule, time. etc. After all , it's all about YOU.
    Good luck!
  • pixiestellmeto
    pixiestellmeto Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Its a good start and if you can keep it up for a while there is nothing to stop you doing more. Im doing three thirty min workouts a day for six weeks to give me a boost. (This is week one day three, but I will do it)
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I workout 5 days at week for an hour each session. 45 minutes of cardio and 15 minutes of circuit training/toning.
  • AnnieMae07
    AnnieMae07 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I workout 7 days a week. Cardio (everyday) Strength Training (5 days a week). I stay at the gym atleast 2 hours per day. I have no life!! lol
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't like the term "working out" b/c people get cardio and lifting weights confused and improperly defined. You can do cardio 7 days a week with no problems. Your nutrition needs are different on a cardio day than a resistance day. You can do cardio on an empty stomach b/c your body uses fatty acids primarily for energy. Carbs and Protein are needed for muscular energy and strength. You shouldn't lift weights more than 4 days a week. Not that anyone on MFP is trying to be a competitor, but look around your gym. You never see serious or professional lifters working the same muscle group more than once a week. The process of lifting weights and enjoying the 24 hour a day fat burning cycle as a result from it requires lots of rest for the muscles you work. Primary and secondary movers need a week to recover. In the bigger picture, this is one of the major failures in our medical society to combat obesity and diabetes. We see and hear everywhere that we should "workout" or "exercise", but noone defines what that really is. When most people hear those buzz words they head to the local park or walk around the block. That's great...for the heart. But doesn't give the muscles the needed resistance in order for them to open their insulin receptors and uptake glucose when it's present. Cardio by itself isn't going to create the needed tears in our muscle tissue that our body uses fat and protein to repair around the clock. By 30 years old I was pre-diabetic, stroke candidate with my cholesterol 450+ and over 100 lbs overweight. Once I found the link to working out smarter and not harder as well as proper nutrition, I removed the weight and all of the health risks. And I only hit the weights for 30 minutes / 3 days a week and did @ 20 min of cardio twice a day.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options

I have 3 heavy lift days, 1 misc. day & 3 cardio/light circuit days
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    6-7
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I do something most days. I walk for at least 90 minutes or take a Vinyassa Yoga class. Many days in the summer and on weekends, I do both. That said... when I'm tired or sore, I do take a day off for recovery.

My motto is: Do as much as I can when I can...
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    5-7 days per week, usually at least 45 minute sessions (both cardio & weights)

Don't let TOM stop you! It may sound silly but in many cases, keeping up with your exercise routine will actually help with your energy and other symptoms.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    7 days a week.

3 cardio/weight lifting
    3 cardio
    1 martial arts
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week

2 days I take a class