how many days a week do you work out?

Options

Replies

• mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    I weight train 5 days a week, and I also ride 14 miles a day on my bike 6 days a week.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    ok..to clarify the "women will understand thing"...I am going to be 50 in September and have hit that age of that time of the month the first day...yeah going anywhere let alone walking aint' happening. I chose to take the day off (10 yesterday in a row of 3 miles per day)...rather than find myself a mile from home with a HUGE problem. (sorry if that was TMI)
    I may try to do one of my exercise videos sometime today..cuz my muscles are not happy at all with my choice. They are screaming for the walk.

I made a goal of 5 days a week so I should still be able to hit that this week..just kind of made me sad that my record of days in a row have to be ruined :(

having a small pity party without the chocolate! :)
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think it's a great goal!
    I work out 6 days a week. Lift weights 3 days, Cardio 3 days. Abs twice (normally paired w/ a weight lifting day)
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I have walked 3 miles a day for the last 10 days...didn't want to take a break but felt I needed to (women will understand). Is walking at least 5 times a week a good goal?

Every day, even through TOM.
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I usually workout 5 to 6 days a week! I think one rest day a week is a must!
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I work out four days per week.
    25 minutes cardio and 20 minutes weight lifting, alternating days between legs & abs, then arms.
    However, my job is physically demanding, so I 'spose that counts as exercise too.
  • fitmommy75
    fitmommy75 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I run and/or do circuit training at least 5 days a week. Depending on how fast you're are walking you may or may not need a break. I take rest days to help my muscles repair and relax. Otherwise, I become very fatigued when trying to complete a workout.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    i go to the gym six times a week, seven if im lucky and not feeling dead...plus my x2 daily dog walks a day..usually extra long walks at weekends....i let my body tell me when i need my rest day...x

FitBunnyEm - off topic but is that a bull terrier I see in your ticker pic? I have never met anyone else to have one! I have a 1 yr old Mini and she is my freaking world, and yes, 2X per day dog walks are a must! The energy those dogs have is unbelievable.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I work out 3 days a week. Lifting weights. I don't do any more than that because I don't want to do any cardio right now because I'm trying to "bulk" lol which I'm not sure how well that's going to work out. I'll probably just get fat.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options

Love this. :laugh:
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. I take Sundays off.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Ideally you should get at least five days. Two of them should be using weights.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Five.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    In general I do 90 minutes of cardio with 30 minutes of resistance 6 days a week.
    I rest resistance Tuesday and cardio every 10 days or so.
    My resistance is lower weights but high reps, then heavy every 3rd workout.
    And I split my body into 3 muscle groups:
    1. Legs
    2. Chest- triceps - shoulders
    3. Arms - back
    I do a lot of weird things for cardio like military march, MMA type training,
    dancing, floor rolls, squat thrust intervals and the good ole jumping jack.
    And I jog, swim, play tennis, fast walk and bike.

Lost 78lbs and nearly 20% body fat - it works for me.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    minimum of 5 but I really try to do SOME form of exercise every day. I run 5, strength train every other day and on days "off" I'll do a Jillian DVD or some work with my punching bag. At minimum, I'll take a walk on a day off.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    M-W-F heavy lifting at the "Y"

T-Th-Sat running (avg distance 7 miles)

Sun rest day
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    3 days a week of Running guaranteed.

Other days something else like biking, hiking. I plan on adding two days of weight lifting when school starts.
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Usually I work out 4-5 times a week.

M - HIIT Cardio + Weights: Chest/Biceps + Optional: Abs or Kung Fu Self-Practice or Legs
    T - 1hr Kung Fu Class
    W - 1hr Kung Fu Class
    Th - HIIT Cardio + Weights: Back/Shoulders/Triceps + Optional: Abs or Kung Fu Self-Practice or Legs
    Sun - Light Steady-State Cardio + Abs + Kung Fu Self-Practice (This is my sometimes workout day.)

It's not a strict schedule - but it's my most usual one. :)
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

Nice :drinker: