Replies

• CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • GoBucks96
    GoBucks96 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! This is hilarious!! I just signed onto MFP to see if there was a spinach quiche recipe, and someone had just bumped this up so it was the first thing I saw on the Boards. Thank you!!!!! :laugh:
  • miamia1005
    miamia1005 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...looks yummy! Might be on the menu next week!
  • Karebear_68
    Options
    Bump
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious!
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Made it today with the following mods -
    used 1 tsp oil- all you really need to saute stuff
    used 2 whole eggs and 2 whites

That made 1/2 the 'pie' 186. Served with 1/2 a bagel thin with laughing cow spread and its a nice start to my Saturday. Good recipe!
  • MernyMac
    MernyMac Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump It Up !
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Okay so we had tons of spinach and I had to make recipes fast since I hate throughing it away. I researched on here and many websites and found the perfect quiche (I believe). I just omited the onions and red pepper flakes (only b/c I didn't have them on hand), and it still turned out. I just wanted to share with ya!! Enjoy!

IMAG0068.jpg

Ingredients:
    For cooking in a pan:
    2 Tbsp oil
    1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
    2 garlic cloves, chopped
    2 cups chopped mushrooms
    3 cups chopped spinach
    Red pepper flakes
    Salt
    Pepper

For the custard:
    4 eggs (could use egg substitute)
    1/2 cup milk (I used 2 %)
    2 wedges of The Laughing Cow cheese
    Salt and pepper

Method:
    Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch pie dish with some oil.

Heat oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, followed by the red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Next, add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until all the liquid released evaporates. Add spinach and cook, stirring, just until spinach wilts. Let the mixture cool slightly.

Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in the cheese. Spread the vegetable mixture in an even layer in the pie dish. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetable mixture.

Bake at 375 F for about 35 minutes, until the quiche is slightly puffed and golden brown on top.

I initially cut into 8 slices, but after looking at the size and also the nutrition I've been eating a 1/4 of the pie.

Now here's the biggy......
    Nutrition per 1/4 of the pie
    Calorie 98
    Fat 6
    Sodium 172
    Protein 8
    Carbs 2
    Sugar 1

Now to add some fruit to a slice of bread and call your breakfast complete or even spinach it out more with a smoothie.... 1/2c spinach, 1/2 cup frozen berries, 1c soy milk, and a sprinkle of splenda...... also delicious!!!!

Yummy! It is full of Deliciousness! Thanks for sharing your low calorie recipe idea! Have a blessed and prosperous day! † ♥♥HUGS♥♥
    Bump this to save for later!
    Elephantbutt.gif
  • kew1971
    kew1971 Posts: 7
    Options
    bump
  • ks33182
    ks33182 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Yummy! It is full of Deliciousness! Thanks for sharing your low calorie recipe idea! Have a blessed and prosperous day! † ♥♥HUGS♥♥
    Bump this to save for later!
    Elephantbutt.gif

I just wanna say that I love the little elephant lol...

But anyway, I have it in the oven now, smells so good, I just used 1tsp of oil and 1/4 cup of reduced fat colby jack cheese instead of laughing cow and no milk (since i didn't have any)...we'll see how it turns out :)

Thanks for the recipe, I love quiche, but have avoided it since it is usually high in calories due to the crust...but no crust here! yay!
  • nienie21
    nienie21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump. This looks AMAZING!
  • tryin08
    tryin08 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just put this into the oven. I can't wait to eat some. Thank you so much for the recipe. I LOVE quiche and best yet, no crust (pre-diabetes).
  • tryin08
    tryin08 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Delicious!
  • checomgeo
    checomgeo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • puddlesiam
    puddlesiam Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump