• TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    PRO GUN...

I'm the NRA...And I vote.
  • scottyg354
    scottyg354 Posts: 13
    Options
    Somone just said something to me the other day that made complete sense. "Sure, make laws against gun ownership and you'll just be taking guns out of law abiding citizens hands, since criminals don't obey the law."
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Neither.
  • drdortch
    drdortch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Guns don't kill people. Stupid people with guns kill people.

McDonald's doesn't make you fat. You going to McDonald's makes you fat !
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    "I represent the gun toting, meat eating ****ing people alright"
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Anti gun
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    guns_dont_kill_people_happy_gilmore.jpg
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE.

(bullets do)
  • Pacileo4Evers
    Pacileo4Evers Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Somone just said something to me the other day that made complete sense. "Sure, make laws against gun ownership and you'll just be taking guns out of law abiding citizens hands, since criminals don't obey the law."
    exactly! I have the right to defend my self!
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'll go anti-gun, and I live in Canada, where we have a constitution, a Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and a gun death rate 1/6th of that of our American friends.

The United States has 313,967,000 citizens.
    Canada has 34,865,700 citizens

We have 9x the people you do. So your 1/6th is about right...

What was your point again??

death RATE is normalized. It's usually a "1 death per 100000 deaths" or something like that, so it's a percentage. If the US has a death rate of .6 and canada has a death rate of .1, it has nothing to do with the number of people, because it's normalized. a "rate" is a slope. Rise over run. Algebra, anyone?

That being said, I'm pro-gun.
  • tishad58
    tishad58 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Pro-constitution :wink:
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I conceal carry.

Enough said.

• TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    U.S. Citizen and I am pro-gun. I live in the south and most of our friends are hunters. They are very responsible with their guns and teach their children proper ways to handle guns.

Drugs are illegal here and yet people still get their hands on them. Same would be true with guns. The law abiding citizens would turn in their guns and the criminals or potential criminals would get guns some way. I like the fact that IF someone breaks into a home in my neighborhood, they really do not know who owns a gun and who does not own a gun. It keeps the criminals guessing!! :wink:
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    like omgz guns kill people!

NO guns do NOT kill people. A gun cannot pull it's own trigger. The person pulling the trigger on a gun kills people.

In other words, people kill people.
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    ANTI-GUNS
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE.

(bullets do)

bullets dont kill people, the kinetic force kills people.....actually

physics kill people! **** BAN PHYSICS quick!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I find this mind-boggling.

I live in the UK where we aren't allowed guns (except for some specific circumstances such as farmers with shotguns, etc).

We have, on average, 50 deaths from firearms per year in the entire country (we have 60 million inhabitants so a fifth of the US population).

Maybe some criminals have guns but I have never, in the UK, seen a pistol. I have seen the army carrying some weapons (I live near an army base) and some armed police at airports but that's it.

If someone wants to go mad/beserk and kill a load of people they have to do it with knives or some other manner.

It completely boggles my mind that people would want to own these things.

FYI, as of 2006, you are more than twice as likely to be a victim of knife crime in the UK as you are to be a victim of gun crime in the US.

the rate is much worse now, since UK knife crime is rising rapidly.

Ban knives in the UK!
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Guns don't kill people, but they sure make it easier to hurt folks. :ohwell:
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    Progun.
    I have my reasons and they all go along with the If you take away guns only criminals have guns. IT's true. There could no gun stores and a criminal would still be able to find one.

^ this. I totally and fully agree. Criminals aren't giving up their guns, they will even continue to get them somehow.

In fact, in almost all of the crimes related to guns, the gun was obtained Illegally.