Talk to me about Lauging Cow cheese...

Options

Replies

• lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    No refridgeration? Hmm its always in the dairy case in the grocery store...and I keep it in the fridge. Who knew?

I love it and there are certainly a lot worse things I could be eating !

But is it the same as biting in to a big hunk of sharp cheese? Um no. But thats ok, because doing those things is what got me here LOL
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I use the garlic herb ones in pasta primavera and I put the cinnamon cream and strawberry cream on bages thins or toast for breakfast! so yummy!
  • mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    MMMmmm I love mine on tuna wraps too! My favorite is the Garlic and Herb!
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    I love it...especially on eggs or spread on crackers.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    It's not cheese at all and needs no refrigeration which to me says it's full of preservatives. I don't think it does a body good. Just my opinion.

Really? Cause mine says to keep refrigerated right on it...and I got it out of the dairy case right next to string cheese
  • AprilLBradley
    AprilLBradley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i LOVE this! try the Light Swiss, it's great!
  • vickiluv
    vickiluv Posts: 1
    Options
    Just bt it today, and can't wait to try it your way...thanks:wink:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    It's so yummy - but I don't eat it a lot because of sodium. :) SO YUMMMMY!! I like the queso fresco & chipotle one the best...... also like the cinnamon cream cream cheese!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Delicious. Low calorie. High sodium. I love queso fresco and French onion :smile:
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    processed food...avoid it ~
  • mjswalters
    mjswalters Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    French onion is my favorite. I like mine on triscuits or wheat thins flat bread.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I think it's really good! It's super creamy & i love all the flavors they have. It's low in calories, but high in sodium (after all it IS processed cheese product). But I do eat it from time to time, spreading it on my breakfast sandwiches, or mixing it in when I make mashed potatoes :D

★M

MMmm. Mashed potatoes?! I must try this.

Its tastey on crackers and sammiches.
  • sandersen50
    sandersen50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow is a great alternative to cream cheese, low calories and portion controlled. If you want a low calorie alternative to hard cheese, check out Lisannatti Almond cheeses. 1 ounce has only 50 calories and 1 gram of fat. Whole Foods carries a variety and most health foods stores will have at least the mozzerella type.
  • jennib2002
    jennib2002 Posts: 23
    Options
    Love, Love, Love it!!! Aldi also has their own brand that only has 25 calories per wedge. The jalapeno kind taste like the cheese at the Mexican resteraunts. I eat it every day pretty much with Special K crackers!!
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I always have these in my fridge; great for a healthy snack on crispbreads or celery with some salt and pepper or a thin spread of marmite. I also gently melt them down with a little water to make a cheese sauce for pasta or veg
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you have an Aldi's near you but they have the same thing, same package design but its called Happy Farms and they have the light ones for 25 calories. I LOVE the plain light ones. I eat one or two of them daily. The ones from Aldi's are also close to half the price of the Laughing Cow ones as well.

Thanks! We have an Aldi here. I will have to look for those!

Although Laughing Cow is most definitely not a substitute for real cheese, I really enjoy it. Spreads very nicely on pcrackers and when you are on the end of your calories helps!!!
    Thanks for the Aldi's tip...worth a try!!
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It's not cheese at all and needs no refrigeration which to me says it's full of preservatives. I don't think it does a body good. Just my opinion.

Really? Cause mine says to keep refrigerated right on it...and I got it out of the dairy case right next to string cheese

I agree, expecially since most places I see it is in the refrigerated section...
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    What does it taste like, and would you recommend it? I am a cheese addict, and if this will help control more calories, I am all over it.

TIA!

I LOVE it!!! I get the Creamy Queso Chipotle, spread it on my sandwich with some thinly sliced smoked turkey meat. DOn't need any cheese or mayo!!! :happy:
  • samiisnotonfire
    samiisnotonfire Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They're really tasty and low in calories! My favorite is the french onion
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    Does anyone else find the chick that does the commercials for Laughing Cow cheese creepy?

Her smile is eerie!