Garlic is bad for you

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I can't decide if you are being serious or sarcastic...?

Put a clove of garlic in your eye for 2 minutes and let me know how that feels. Would you consider eating that?

Well, to be fair, I wouldn't want anything that size in my eye.
    twss
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I should probably be dead already then

Me too. Garlic is a staple in my diet. :laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    In other news, Sheldon and Amy have engaged in sexual intercourse....

Would appreciate if you kept this discussion serious.

OK. Grew up in an Italian family and we live on garlic. My great-grandmother sucked on and then ingested an entire clove daily.

Of course, you're right. She did die. So young. She was only 97. And her oldest daughter? She died, too. Also at the young age of 97. And her second-oldest daughter -- my grandmother? Well, she's only 96, so we're still hoping she can make it past the Age of Death and live a long, healthy life.
  • skellyness
    skellyness Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    OP are you a vampire?
  • rml_16
    Options

Put a clove of garlic in your eye for 2 minutes and let me know how that feels. Would you consider eating that?

Try putting cayenne pepper in your eye for 2 minutes and you will also not feel great. Eyes are not the place for spices and herbs. :laugh:

Well, shoot. I've been doing it wrong all these years!
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Dont think its hurt any member of my family and we have been large consumers of garlic for generations. My grandparents on both sides lived till their late 90s, one great grandfather lived to 101. My dad is about to be 90. Granted, my mom died at 70 but it was because she couldnt stop polluting herself and everyone else with cigarette smoke and wouldnt stop stuffing her face with chocolate until she went into diabetic coma.

Guess what I'm saying is Aint Scared. Damn now I'm craving roasted garlic potato soup.:love:
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Not if you snort a line of raspberry ketones.

Who are you? My new hero?
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Garlic is bad for you.....if you need some beneath the sheets time and you don't want to be solo.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

Try putting cayenne pepper in your eye for 2 minutes and you will also not feel great. Eyes are not the place for spices and herbs. :laugh:
    This lady seems ok. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vv_tf6ySEM
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Vampire Apocalypse! It's happened!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    The OP is posting this advice based on an old (and discredited) study that seemed to imply the toxicity of garlic. There has been a lot of studies that show the benefits of garlic consumption are good for you. Garlic reduces certain kinds of cancer and is tied to good heart health.

I'm going to keep eating a lot of garlic! Societies where garlic is consumed regularly are much longer lived than where the western diet is consumed.
  • rml_16
    Options
    The OP is posting this advice based on an old (and discredited) study that seemed to imply the toxicity of garlic. There has been a lot of studies that show the benefits of garlic consumption are good for you. Garlic reduces certain kinds of cancer and is tied to good heart health.

I'm going to keep eating a lot of garlic! Societies where garlic is consumed regularly are much longer lived than where the western diet is consumed.

No! I lost my great-grandmother and my aunt to garlic! Stop the lies! Garlic kills!
  • tripitena
    Options

No! I lost my great-grandmother and my aunt to garlic! Stop the lies! Garlic kills!

Wait a second.. I thought your family had been victims of the blood lust of water?
  • rml_16
    Options

Wait a second.. I thought your family had been victims of the blood lust of water?

Both. It was a seriously deadly combo, all that water and garlic. The horror still haunts me.
  • LadyBuell
    LadyBuell Posts: 164
    Options
    I seriously doubt there is ANY food you could stick in your eye for two minutes (and why would you want to) that wouldn't have adverse effects of some kind. How did that become the test to determine if a food is worth eating anyway?

Personally, if it doesn't have garlic, onions, and mushrooms it just isn't really food.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Why does the OP look like Teal'c?
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    OP are you a vampire?

I cannot confirm or deny that I am a hybrid vampire. I am immune to Garlic as I just added 3 tsp of it to my lunch.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    All hope is lost.
  • tripitena
    Options

Both. It was a seriously deadly combo, all that water and garlic. The horror still haunts me.

How horrifying! We must organize a garlic and water ban immediately! Someone call Mayor Bloomberg!

(((Hugs)))
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Are you listening to Dr. Oz again?