Garlic is bad for you

Options

Replies

• Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Doesn't everything cause cancer now-a-days?
  • rocketqueen81
    Options
    Put a clove of garlic in your eye for 2 minutes and let me know how that feels. Would you consider eating that?
    [/quote]

Ummm...I'm not going to put any food substance in my eye...WTH?
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Don't eat garlic as it will cause my external and internal diseases.

You may be right. I eat garlic almost every day, and it's apparently killing me. Always within 12 hours of eating garlic, I have this overwhelming desire to lie down in bed, and then I think I die for a few hours. Fortunately, I have this thing called an "alarm clock" next to my bed that came with a strong recommendation that it was loud enough to wake the dead, and it works.

I always thought it was water, so under my holistic naturopractor's advice I've given that up for almost 3 days now, and it really does seem to be helping. I lie down and I can barely tell the difference between that and being alive.
  • TheBooBooStew
    TheBooBooStew Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My thoughts, when the Lord calls you home, it means it was your time. Rather you eat garlic or not.
  • mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Put a clove of garlic in your eye for 2 minutes and let me know how that feels. Would you consider eating that?
    I seriously doubt there is ANY food you could stick in your eye for two minutes (and why would you want to) that wouldn't have adverse effects of some kind. How did that become the test to determine if a food is worth eating anyway?

Personally, if it doesn't have garlic, onions, and mushrooms it just isn't really food.

I bet you have a super hairy chest as well as a shortened life span (according to my mom..onions put hair on your chest)!
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options

You may be right. I eat garlic almost every day, and it's apparently killing me. Always within 12 hours of eating garlic, I have this overwhelming desire to lie down in bed, and then I think I die for a few hours. Fortunately, I have this thing called an "alarm clock" next to my bed that came with a strong recommendation that it was loud enough to wake the dead, and it works.

You got me dude, first real giggle of my day! Thanks. :laugh:
  • TheBooBooStew
    TheBooBooStew Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    95 percent of americans are in danger of suffering a long agonizing death as a result of garlic. Get your facts straight guys there is research out there.

I'm a certified herbalist and have studied the medicial qualities of herbs for over ten years and have yet to find the research that states that garlic is bad. Maybe put a link to your research so that people can read what you are reading. Just saying that's all.

I love garlic. My dietician says garlic lowers the risk for heart disease. If it was that bad I am sure they would pull it from the shelf. =]
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    My thoughts, when the Lord calls you home, it means it was your time. Rather you eat garlic or not.

I bet that's an awkward call if it's a pocket dial... "Sorry Mr. Recoil, I meant to call Mrs. Johnson, but my pocket must have dialed your number".... That would be my luck. ;-)
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options

I bet that's an awkward call if it's a pocket dial... "Sorry Mr. Recoil, I meant to call Mrs. Johnson, but my pocket must have dialed your number".... That would be my luck. ;-)

Judoka? Or no Judoka?
  • ZeroWoIf
    Options
    Doesn't everything cause cancer now-a-days?

Trolling causes cancer.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    Judoka? Or no Judoka?

Nope, Soryu Karate.
  • ZeroWoIf
    Options
    Judoka? Or no Judoka?

Nope, Soryu Karate.

Good, we shall spar. No Grapping background? BJJ or catch wrestling?
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Not if you snort a line of raspberry ketones.

Will have to do this before I eat my roasted garlic chicken
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    95 percent of americans are in danger of suffering a long agonizing death as a result of garlic. Get your facts straight guys there is research out there.

Yeah, research on how good it is for you. How it prevents disease and does so many other good things for your body.

14877786.png
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

As my son would say, "Trollolololololol"
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Judoka? Or no Judoka?

Nope, Soryu Karate.

I'm not familiar... can you compare that to a different style? (E.g., throwing, hard style-striking, etc.)
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options

You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!
  • oochiegoo
    oochiegoo Posts: 7
    Options
    I don't understand. Can you please provide me with a link or reference of some kind this indicates garlic is bad for you. Thank for your help.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Every single person that consumed garlic before 1875 is dead. It's 100% fatal.